ADVERTISEMENT

Home schooling...

Not doing the "church thing" is a VERY good start
How Dare You Greta GIF

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon
Interesting. You know, I tend to see a lot of old-timers on social media reminiscing about the good old days when kids just "fought it out" and lamenting the fact that kids don't do that anymore. It's almost like people just have a preconceived idea of how the world "really is" and then just pick and choose the things they see that (conveniently) fit that narrative.

Interesting. You know, I tend to see a lot of old-timers on social media reminiscing about the good old days when kids just "fought it out" and lamenting the fact that kids don't do that anymore. It's almost like people just have a preconceived idea of how the world "really is" and then just pick and choose the things they see that (conveniently) fit that narrative.
Eh. Went to school in Lincoln. Shit like this happened everyday in what was formerly known as ‘Junior High’… between girls. Miss the 80’s…

But yeah public schools are an abject failure. Your kids are better off dropping out, long term.

• Angry
Reactions: cavalot
Eh. Went to school in Lincoln. Shit like this happened everyday in what was formerly known as ‘Junior High’… between girls. Miss the 80’s…

But yeah public schools are an abject failure. Your kids are better off dropping out, long term.
Yes to the first part. To the second...I know hyperbole is like the thing these days, but surely you can't be serious.

Yes to the first part. To the second...I know hyperbole is like the thing these days, but surely you can't be serious.
Depends on the school. If my kids turn out the way a lot (most?) of public schools are aiming to indoctrinate children and turn them against my conservative ideals, yeah they’re absolutely better off. We sent ours to both, first public, switched to private with the younger ones, and I’ll never forgive myself for leaving my older kids in public education. The difference in just their worldview was obvious. I’m to blame there, too. Parenting matters. We spoke A LOT about what they needed to filter thru as far as public school indoctrination efforts, but it did influence them. It can’t not, some stains ya can’t wipe off completely. And we don’t live in a Big Blue city. Small blue one.

you can't just shove kids into a situation like federal schooling and expect this not to happen.

Or just...kids don't need guns??

they can still have access to them. kids don't need lots of things, like phones, cars, computers, televisions, etc. I'm not for limiting access to these things either.

they can still have access to them. kids don't need lots of things, like phones, cars, computers, televisions, etc. I'm not for limiting access to these things either.
I love how dudes that love guns can always "logic" things about guns :)

• Wow
See...that is why I would NOT home school.

Because he would have done all that shit to his family instead of at school.

Too soon?

• Haha
Bodies not yet cold.
Better use them to be outraged at what?
The shooter? Are you nuts? Doesn't fit the usual narrative. Better bury that quick.
How about the type of gun used? Oh, that doesn't either.
Are we going with ban all guns now or are we going to address reality?

are kids allowed to wear ear pieces while school is going on?

prepping the youths for their next government institution..

I think it depends on the situation how much of a problem the cliques and the social situations are. My kids did well even though they were young for their grades and didn’t do much in the way of sports. They went to a large suburban school, and found their place-Band, drama, things of that sort. When I was a kid and in a small semi rural school if you weren’t on the football team/basketball/track team it was harder to find a group of friends. And there was much more student on student fighting when I was growing up in my small school than there was in my kids school

I think it depends on the situation how much of a problem the cliques and the social situations are. My kids did well even though they were young for their grades and didn’t do much in the way of sports. They went to a large suburban school, and found their place-Band, drama, things of that sort. When I was a kid and in a small semi rural school if you weren’t on the football team/basketball/track team it was harder to find a group of friends. And there was much more student on student fighting when I was growing up in my small school than there was in my kids school

thank you for the response. it's interesting to see the differences between schools/systems.

the schools that i attended didn't have these issues (maybe it was just my experience) it's weird to see people behave like this.

i found a freezing child out in the weather this morning. good work lps. 🤣☠️🥶

why am i at school if broads are just crawling all over the place being noisy?

Like...most of us want to say the same stuff right now but we all have to pretend like we don't want to say what we are all thinking. Because if we say it, we are bad people so we have to pretend like we are not thinking it.

Perfect!

is this the social engagement that everyone goes on about?

Had some diversity training recently and us white teachers are supposed to talk to the minority kids using "their language"

• Haha
I just got an email yesterday from Lincoln public schools, which told me the god awful news that Standing Bear High School will not be taking juniors and seniors.

This means that my daughter would still have to go all the way to southwest. That is just way too far from my home, standing Bear is basically my backyard.

Anyway, due to this development, I will be homeschooling my daughter instead. Any suggestions for the best way to home school? I'm not trying to do the church thing or any of that.
Ex. Principal here. To do it justice and correctly, it requires a lot of work from parents. Books, lessions, curriculum knowledge, monitoring her work, setting aside scheduled time for her. Being academically acute enough to "teach" her.

Ex. Principal here. To do it justice and correctly, it requires a lot of work from parents. Books, lessions, curriculum knowledge, monitoring her work, setting aside scheduled time for her. Being academically acute enough to "teach" her.

right. it's a lot of commitment.

I could never be a classroom teacher because I haven't mastered the art of gossiping about kids.

If I were teaching the modern curriculum along with the woke and politically correct bullshit, I wouldn't be crowing about it.

Public education, overall, is a fcvking mess.
Gossiping about kids is like posting...you start off thinking you will just join and read a few posts and before you know it....you have posted thousands of times.

Public education is getting worse because we are letting more and more non-teachers get involved. People from both sides that are nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT