ADVERTISEMENT

Home schooling...

Do tell…
My son was a 5th grader and a 6th grade kid moved into town from Kansas City, Sadly, the kid was from a single mom, he kind of ran the streets, liked to fight, and just not a good deal. My son was very structured, I didn't allow any bullshit.

So this KC kid started off by coming up behind my son when other kids were walking home, picking him up from behind in a bear hug and slamming him to the ground. My son started Karate at age 4, by the time he was 6 he was breaking 1" pine boards with elbow strikes and side kicks, and at age 6 he was a Decided Black Belt. He trained 6 days a week for years.
At 9, he was a 3rd degree blackbelt and and 3 time national champion in full contact. Our goal was that he would never get into any fight, unless he had no choice. By the time this fight arrived, my son had been in serious training for 8 years.

So, my son comes homes, tells me the kid is probably wanting to fight him, and what had happened on the way home. So I waited an hour or so and called the Principal, who happened to have been my Principal at a different school. I told him he'd need to talk to that kid because I wasn't gonna let him hurt my son. I told Gene, the Principal, "either you handle it, or I will."

Next day comes along, and the kid, whose trying to make a name and show the kids how tough he is, starts tripping my kid in school, trying to push him around, and pushing it with my son. My son finally told him, "look, if you wanna fight, I'll fight you, but I gotta ask my dad first." He explained to me the kid probably was not gonna stop, so I got on the phone, called over about 2 blocks to where the kid was hanging out with other kids, and I told him, "Look, if you wanna fight my son, be at XXX Park at 4:00 and we're gonna settle this."

So my son warms up at home like any serious athlete would and we head to the park, when he got there, he was ready to roll.
By then, there are about 30 kids there. The kid who's gonna fight, asks my son, "you ever fight in front of this many kids?" And my son says, "yeah, I just competed in Little Rock in front of 6,000 people, so you're the one who should be nervous." My son is very confident in his skill level.

So I told both kids, "look, nobody's jumping in, but one of you is gonna get your ass whipped." The kid was about 3" taller and 20#'s heavier, but my assumption was that he was just a street fighter and hadn't faced anyone with Brian's skill. So I said, "Jason are you sure you want to fight?" And he said "yeah, I'm gonna kick your kid's ass." I said, "good luck with that."

So they start to square off and the kid has his hands wide, down about waist level, and my son just looks over at me and kind of rolls his eyes. First thing the kid comes in and my son jumps up side kicks him in the face and knocks him back about 5 feet. Then he comes in, my leg sweeps him, and could have punched him right in the face, but backs up and says, "jason, the closer you get, the more you're gonna get hurt."

About then I could see where Jason may have realized he bit off more than he could chew, but you know, with 30 kids there, that's a lot of peer pressure. So I asked him, "you just wanna stop now and shake hands before one of you get hurt?" Jason said "no." So I turn to my son and I do what I call a horizontal signal. My right index finger pointed to the left and I made little circles. Brian knew that meant for me to turn up up pressure.

So my son says, "look Jason, I'm gonna give you a chance, because you're never gonna touch me in this fight. So grab me from behind and let's go from there. So my son goes over, Jason grabs him from behind and then my son literally smokes him in the face with back of his head. Brian steps back and says, "Jason, we need to stop. Let's just call it even, shake hands and maybe we can become friends."

Jason says, "you're a lot tougher than I thought you were and I don't know if I can whip you." Brian, says, "you can't whip me because you can't touch me unless I let you. Let's just stop now before I actually start throwing some punches."

So they shake hands and over the course of the year they kind of become friends. In fact, they are cordial friends to this day.

Nowadays, I probably would have had to go to court or something, but this was 33 years ago and the nation wasn't totally pussified yet. I didn' enjoy it and neither did my son. But, there came that time when he had to defend himself. My son never even had to throw a punch. One kick, one leg sweep and one reverse head butt and it was over. And I'm glad it was over.

Nowadays you would never even consider that because there would likely be a knife or a gun(s) involved. When most of us were kids we either kicked ass or got our ass kicked. Times have changed, and not for the better.

Now if you think I was a prick for sending my son off to fight a kid, that's too bad. From the time I was coaching at age 18 until I finished my career I always believed in preparation, leave no stone unturned, play to win within the rules, and take no prisoners.
My son was taught the same thing. It was lucky for Jason my son understood that this kid wanted to stop, but he wanted the kid to save face and still remain someone other kids thought was a tough guy. My son' s a cool kid.

Last edited:
My son was a 5th grader and a 6th grade kid moved into town from Kansas City, Sadly, the kid was from a single mom, he kind of ran the streets, liked to fight, and just not a good deal. My son was very structured, I didn't allow any bullshit.

So this KC kid started off by coming up behind my son when other kids were walking home, picking him up from behind in a bear hug and slamming him to the ground. My son trained seriously for 9 years in full contact Karate. At 9, he was a 3rd degree blackbelt and and 3 time national champion in full contact. . Our goal was that he would never fight, unless he had no choice.

So, my son comes homes, tells me the kid is probably wanting to fight him, and what had happened on the way home. So I waited an hour or so and called the Principal, who happened to have been my Principal at a different school. I told him he'd need to talk to that kid because I wasn't gonna let him hurt my son. I told Gene, the Principal, "either you handle it, or I will."

Next day comes along, and the kid, whose trying to make a name and show the kids how tough he is, starts tripping my kid in school, trying to push him around, and really getting on my son's nerves. My son finally told him, "look, if you wanna fight, I'll fight you, but I gotta ask my dad first." He explained to me the kid probably was not gonna stop, so I got on the phone, called over about 2 blocks to where the kid was hanging out with other kids, and I told him, "Look, if you wanna fight my son, be at XXX Park at 4:00 and we're gonna settle this."

So my son warms up at home like any serious athlete would and we head to the park, when he got there, he was ready to roll.
By then, there are about 30 kids there.
The kid who's gonna fight, asks my son, "you ever fight in front of this many kids?" And my son says, "yeah, I just competed in Little Rock in front of 6,000 people, so you're the one who should be nervous." My son is very confident in his skill level.

So I told both kids, "look, nobody's jumping in, but one of you is gonna get your ass whipped." The kid was about 3" taller and 20#'s heavier, but my assumption was that he was just a street fighter and hadn't faced anyone with Brian's skill. So I said, "Jason are you sure you want to fight?" And he said "yeah, I'm gonna kick your kid's ass." I said, "good luck with that."

So they start to square off and the kid has his hands wide, down about waist level, and my son just looks over at me and kind of rolls his eyes. First thing the kid comes in and my son jumps up side kicks him in the face and knocks him back about 5 feet. Then he comes in, my leg sweeps him, and could have punched him right in the face, but backs up and says, "jason, the closer you get, the more you're gonna get hurt."

About then I could see where Jason may have realized he bit off more than he could chew, but you know, with 30 kids there, that's a lot of peer pressure. So I asked him, "you just wanna stop now and shake hands before one of you get hurt." Jason said "no." So I turn to my son and I do what I call a horizontal signal. My right index finger pointed to the left and I made little circles. Brian knew that meant for me to turn up up pressure.

So my son says, "look Jason, I'm gonna give you a chance, because you're never gonna touch me in this fight. So grab me from behind and let's go from there. So my son goes over, Jason grabs him from behind and then my son literally smokes him in the face with back of his head. Brian steps back and says, "Jason, we need to stop. Let's just call it even, shake hands and maybe we can become friends."

Jason says, "you're a lot tougher than I thought you were and I don't know if I can whip you." Brian, says, "you can't."

So they shake hands and over the course of the year they kind of become friends. In fact, they are cordial friends to this day.

Nowadays, I probably would have had to go to court or something, but this was 33 years ago and the nation wasn't totally pussified yet. I didn' enjoy it and neither did my son. But, there came that time when he had to defend himself. My son never even had to throw a punch. One kick, one leg sweep and one reverse head butt and it was over. And I'm glad it was over.

Nowadays you would never even consider that because there would likely be a knife or a gun(s) involved. When most of us were kids we either kicked ass or got our ass kicked. Times have changed, and not for the better.

Now if you think I was a prick for sending my son off to fight a kid, that's too bad. From the time I was coaching at age 18 until I finished my career I always believed in preparation, leave no stone unturned, play to win within the rules, and take no prisoners.
My son was taught the same thing. It was lucky for Jason my son understood that this kid wanted to stop, but he wanted the kid to save face and still remain someone other kids thought was a tough guy. My son' s a cool kid.
1cctnf.jpg

Well, maybe your a dad who will let you son risk getting hurt and not defend himself. These events happened.
Believe it or not, there are some bullies out there, and sometimes they run into some really tough son of a bitches.

Last edited:

So this KC kid started off by coming up behind my son when other kids were walking home, picking him up from behind in a bear hug and slamming him to the ground. My son started Karate at age 4, by the time he was 6 he was breaking 1" pine boards with elbow strikes and side kicks, and at age 6 he was a Decided Black Belt. He trained 6 days a week for years.
At 9, he was a 3rd degree blackbelt and and 3 time national champion in full contact. Our goal was that he would never get into any fight, unless he had no choice. By the time this fight arrived, my son had been in serious training for 8 years.

Next day comes along, and the kid, whose trying to make a name and show the kids how tough he is, starts tripping my kid in school, trying to push him around, and pushing it with my son. My son finally told him, "look, if you wanna fight, I'll fight you, but I gotta ask my dad first." He explained to me the kid probably was not gonna stop, so I got on the phone, called over about 2 blocks to where the kid was hanging out with other kids, and I told him, "Look, if you wanna fight my son, be at XXX Park at 4:00 and we're gonna settle this."

By then, there are about 30 kids there. The kid who's gonna fight, asks my son, "you ever fight in front of this many kids?" And my son says, "yeah, I just competed in Little Rock in front of 6,000 people, so you're the one who should be nervous." My son is very confident in his skill level.

About then I could see where Jason may have realized he bit off more than he could chew, but you know, with 30 kids there, that's a lot of peer pressure. So I asked him, "you just wanna stop now and shake hands before one of you get hurt?" Jason said "no." So I turn to my son and I do what I call a horizontal signal. My right index finger pointed to the left and I made little circles. Brian knew that meant for me to turn up up pressure.

Jason says, "you're a lot tougher than I thought you were and I don't know if I can whip you." Brian, says, "you can't whip me because you can't touch me unless I let you. Let's just stop now before I actually start throwing some punches."

Thanks for sharing.

You think I'm insecure? I've been supporting myself since I'm 14 years old, enlisted in the military at 17, and now I'm 69.
Doesn't exactly speak to insecurity.

An avatar of a spread eagled woman is a sure sign of being secure in your self image.

You wanna keep on going, or should we drop this nonsense?
Or we can keep on going till I run out of ink.
It's up to you, I've got nothing but time.

You think I'm insecure? I've been supporting myself since I'm 14 years old, enlisted in the military at 17, and now I'm 69.

An avatar of a spread eagled woman is a sure sign of being secure in your self image.

I don't think that avatar is the poster! :)

No, by all means keep going. I live to watch old men yell at the clouds.

• Love
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Substance = this board?
Ha! You're the funny fvcker now.
Some guys contribute more than some woman with her legs spread. If you weren't so intent on trying to be funny, you might actually contribute something meaningful. Come on dude, 6 years on this forum and you're still a redshirt.

Some guys contribute more than some woman with her legs spread. If you weren't so intent on trying to be funny, you might actually contribute something meaningful. Come on dude, 6 years on this forum and you're still a redshirt.
My contribution is keeping you busy in this thread so the others don't have to suffer your "contributions" elsewhere on this board. I'm filling a need, like my avatar, some guys use it to get revved up.

My contribution is keeping you busy in this thread so the others don't have to suffer your "contributions" elsewhere on this board. I'm filling a need, like my avatar, some guys use it to get revved up.
Well, you're failing miserably because I'm in 3 other threads. As far as the avatar, if that's what it takes to get some on here revved up, they must be pretty hard up. It isn't filling any need other than your attempt at gaining attention.

Well, you're failing miserably because I'm in 3 other threads. As far as the avatar, if that's what it takes to get some on here revved up, they must be pretty hard up. It isn't filling any need other than your attempt at gaining attention.
Looks to be a GREAT betting day at ‘Toga my man.

I’ve been out of the game since the Belmont so I went amateur hour and put in a million action bets and will drink beer and watch.

Full fields and lots of turf!!!!

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Hey, action day for me means I’m hoping for a break even day.

Just love watching ‘Toga though, been itching too long, and need some skin in the game.

Half-ass players like me just need action sometimes.
If a player can't get fired up about the Saratoga meet, they're not much of a player. So much quality at that track.

I try to stay with specialties because just trying to wing it is a pretty tough gig up there.

Let's hope you break even, enjoy a few brews and later give me some good news on a couple of good hits! Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT