ADVERTISEMENT

High profile recruit

2N8oZBa.jpg

Sometimes I read things on signs, or posts, and wonder "Did that need to be said"? Take this place I ran across a week ago on a bike ride. I'm thinking "Sewage lagoon" was plenty.... and that "No trespassing" was completely unnecessary, along with the barbed wire. In fact I'm not even sure a fence was required here.....

tumblr_nrz6q2Vzja1uv5doao1_500.gif

As I watched NU underperform over the last few years, I often wondered if the arrogance on one coach didn't cause players give less than 100%. During the T.O. & Solich years the players gave it everything to win for the team & coaches. I doubt that happened when mister wonderful showed up and was going to set the Big10 on fire.

Our friend's son will be signing his papers on Wednesday. Has offers from every school. I asked him why Nebraska doesnt show as an offer on his Rivals page. He said it was so strange. Said they [the previous staff] expected him to fall all over himself because Nebraska walked into the room. Said they were arrogant (he used the word cocky) and didn't seem sincere. Said they offered but said there was no way he would sign and play for the previous staff.

I asked him if he would have had any interest in Nebraska if things were different and he said hell yes. Said he did his own research on schools. He committed [PAC 12] in early 2022 and never looked back. After his commitment, he and his family shut it down.

I asked him who surprised him the most during the recruiting process. He didn't hesitate and said Nick Saban. Told him he would be required to work hard and there are no guarantees he would see the field. Saban showed attention to little details that made it difficult to say no to him.

Nebraska will see him in a couple of years if the BIG 10 scheduling works out for the new left coast schools.
Cool story…lol so Saban offered him but Nebraska was really arrogant to him and expected him to “fall over himself because Nebraska walked in to the room”. What room??? The theoretical room? Nebraska went to a room with this superstar but withheld the offer?

Again. Awesome story about your upstanding non-gangsta friends.

the truth probably is somewhere in between the raging golf alcoholic, and the scott frost minted coin, opinions.

Cool story…lol so Saban offered him but Nebraska was really arrogant to him and expected him to “fall over himself because Nebraska walked in to the room”. What room??? The theoretical room? Nebraska went to a room with this superstar but withheld the offer?

Again. Awesome story about your upstanding non-gangsta friends.
Again. Cool post bro.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT