ADVERTISEMENT

High profile recruit

cruelhalo

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 27, 2003
Our friend's son will be signing his papers on Wednesday. Has offers from every school. I asked him why Nebraska doesnt show as an offer on his Rivals page. He said it was so strange. Said they [the previous staff] expected him to fall all over himself because Nebraska walked into the room. Said they were arrogant (he used the word cocky) and didn't seem sincere. Said they offered but said there was no way he would sign and play for the previous staff.

I asked him if he would have had any interest in Nebraska if things were different and he said hell yes. Said he did his own research on schools. He committed [PAC 12] in early 2022 and never looked back. After his commitment, he and his family shut it down.

I asked him who surprised him the most during the recruiting process. He didn't hesitate and said Nick Saban. Told him he would be required to work hard and there are no guarantees he would see the field. Saban showed attention to little details that made it difficult to say no to him.

Nebraska will see him in a couple of years if the BIG 10 scheduling works out for the new left coast schools.

Does not surprise me at all. SF seemed like he was still living in the 90s and early 2000s. This would also make sense why he would always bring up his benching as well. Head was not on right with SF when he was here.

Reactions: TheNewNU
2N8oZBa.jpg

Sometimes I read things on signs, or posts, and wonder "Did that need to be said"? Take this place I ran across a week ago on a bike ride. I'm thinking "Sewage lagoon" was plenty.... and that "No trespassing" was completely unnecessary, along with the barbed wire. In fact I'm not even sure a fence was required here.....

Our friend's son will be signing his papers on Wednesday. Has offers from every school. I asked him why Nebraska doesnt show as an offer on his Rivals page. He said it was so strange. Said they [the previous staff] expected him to fall all over himself because Nebraska walked into the room. Said they were arrogant (he used the word cocky) and didn't seem sincere. Said they offered but said there was no way he would sign and play for the previous staff.

I asked him if he would have had any interest in Nebraska if things were different and he said hell yes. Said he did his own research on schools. He committed [PAC 12] in early 2022 and never looked back. After his commitment, he and his family shut it down.

I asked him who surprised him the most during the recruiting process. He didn't hesitate and said Nick Saban. Told him he would be required to work hard and there are no guarantees he would see the field. Saban showed attention to little details that made it difficult to say no to him.

Nebraska will see him in a couple of years if the BIG 10 scheduling works out for the new left coast schools.
One thing you've said that is so very true is that just because an offer isn't listed on a recruits profile doesn't mean they weren't offered a scholarship

Sounds a lot like franks style of recruiting

Offer came in the form of an offer letter
So did we even offer? Or just asked him to walk-on?
It's sad really because the kid is so genuine... none of the gangsta crap and fanning money in pictures. His parents taught him the old school ways.

He is so incredibly fast on the field and doesn't celebrate after scoring TDs.

2N8oZBa.jpg

Sometimes I read things on signs, or posts, and wonder "Did that need to be said"? Take this place I ran across a week ago on a bike ride. I'm thinking "Sewage lagoon" was plenty.... and that "No trespassing" was completely unnecessary, along with the barbed wire. In fact I'm not even sure a fence was required here.....
Every stupid sign, rule or regulation came about because someone did just that!🤣

With contacts like that, you should consider becoming a National Recruiting Analyst.

2N8oZBa.jpg

How long have you lived in America? While the rules and regs seem stupid and overly simple at times...Remember they are there because some dipshit did exactly the thing that requires this sign.

How long have you lived in America? While the rules and regs seem stupid and overly simple at times...Remember they are there because some dipshit did exactly the thing that requires this sign.
I actually hate warning signs on anything...other than keep out of reach of children. Just let natural selection take its course...

I've heard that about Saban and Alabama. I can't speak toward any cheating that goes on without Saban's knowledge, but as far as Saban is concerned it's a give no quarters, ask no quarters type of deal. Come here and you will compete with the best. We'll make you better.

2N8oZBa.jpg

Reminds me of the sign on the portable pumpout for the boat sewage tank at a marina I visited. "Do Not Drink" still makes me laugh.

2N8oZBa.jpg

Amazing story OP, and sad at the same time. No wonder we couldn't win with the arrogant golden boy.
The interesting thing is - Frost had nothing to be arrogant about after his first season at Nebraska. His time at Nebraska might as well have has the Benny Hill theme song playing in the background. Dude managed to become the worst football coach in Nebraska history, you have to be a complete dolt to do that in the current age of Nebraska football.

I tell people at work who complain about stupid rules that Stupid rules are created because stupid people did stupid shit. They look at me like Im calling them stupid....which I probably am.

Offer came in the form of an offer letter

It's sad really because the kid is so genuine... none of the gangsta crap and fanning money in pictures. His parents taught him the old school ways.

He is so incredibly fast on the field and doesn't celebrate after scoring TDs.
Is this how most kids are to you? Nice use of Ebonics in your post. Keep them kids off your lawn.

• Haha
Reactions: cruelhalo
Oh interesting! This is the first I’m hearing of any issues with the former staff.

Thanks for sharing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT