ADVERTISEMENT

HH is special. He has the "it" factor.

curiosity GIF

Doesn’t it make you question the staff’s ability to evaluate qb play?
Last week I said it would make me question their ability to do that. I actually was wrong there.

Sometimes you find a guy by accident. Don't forget, if Drew Bledsoe doesn't go down, do we ever see a kid named Tom Brady step up in that first season? Sometimes you don't find out that a kid has that it factor until they take their chance and just refuse to give the ball back.

Edit: I am NOT comparing HH to TB. Just using that example.

They've been the first staff in three staffs to recognize his potential. So what's your point exactly??
What fvcking good is a qb who can’t take care of the ball? I don’t give a rats ass what type of physical talent you have, if you can’t take care of the ball, you aren’t calling plays in my huddle.

Haarberg's the only QB on the roster who committed to NU out of high school

he is living his dream

no reason to cut it short, Coach

he's spent every second of every day with all the young kids who are giving everything they have to turn the tides of this program

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Definitely not. Just not sure about the supposed "it" factor as mentioned. He did what he needed to do and I'll take that any day of the week.
I'm not sure you understand what an "it" factor even is. I am not calling HH the greatest player in college football. But he certainly has that factor that will get the team to follow him.

The “IT” factor is what I got from the game also.
I felt Haarberg’s drive to win. He’s gonna put it all out there, he seemed dialed in and focused.

OL still needs to play much better, and Haarberg needs to continue to prove he can throw with accuracy (mostly great throws vs NIU).

“If” HH leads us to bowl eligibility, holy buckets would that be an incredible comeback story.

Not that it matters, but my father is from Kearney… there’s a nice touch of hometown hero there.

p.s. Cheers to our defense.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Doesn’t it make you question the staff’s ability to evaluate qb play?
Meh it's hard in football QB is a tough spot. Tom Brady's talent was never seen. Joe Ganz no one believed in him. Etc. Etc. Also u have guys who suck in practice but do well in games.

Sims throws a better looking ball and has more natural arm talent. HH is a gamer with more physicality and acceleration. Depends on what we need.

They decided in January Sims was going to be the starter and ignored the results
I think if it was close they were going to go with sims. I just think Sims was not making those mistakes in camp. I think if anything it shows the staffs weakness to 1 listen to their friend who sucked at GT. And their overconfidence that they could turn this athlete who lost a lot of games into a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT