ADVERTISEMENT

Gophers' leading rusher in the portal

He'd back up Ibrahim next year, and possibly Irving as well. Maybe back to Kansas. He's from Topeka.
anyone remember a RB who came back from a significant achilles injury and was as good as before?

Tough situation, as a fan I am disappointed but not surprised. The running back room had 5 guys who all rushed for 100+ yards in a game this year. 3 are coming back from injury, but they were the top three backs starting the year. Figured somebody was going to leave. I think Ky Thomas will be a stud wherever he ends up.

That is a lot of proven depth. May this young man find a great home to finish college and play ball.

He will probably go play fir coach Prim. Seems like a favorite landing spot right now

Ha...of course he is leaving, these guys see how PJ treats his RB's...like they are video game players.

Reactions: king_kong_
Ibrahim coming back really changes things
banking on a back with a zillion miles on his legs already who now has to recover from a torn achilles?

wouldnt-be-prudent-dana-carvey.gif

I'd take him in a heartbeat if he was available if only for his leadership. He'll be playing on Sundays

That article says Minnesota is a top five team for players hitting the portal since August. That's a red flag.
Well, it is a stepping stone P5 school, so that makes sense.

If you are good there you are going to want to leave and get to a real school
If you suck there you are going to want to leave
If you hate the coach you are going to want to leave.

anyone remember a RB who came back from a significant achilles injury and was as good as before?
Yes. Being from Minnesota, I clearly remember Adrian Peterson tearing his ACL & MCL...and the very next year he won MVP and was within 9 yards of the all-time rushing record for a session.

The media is trying to spin this as losing our leading rusher. But freshman Irving's stats are virtually identical, even slightly better. And of course we are returning Mo and Potts.

Yes. Being from Minnesota, I clearly remember Adrian Peterson tearing his ACL & MCL...and the very next year he won MVP and was within 9 yards of the all-time rushing record for a session.
Achilles and knees are very different, Achilles is often 18-36 months before returning, if they even return.

Achilles and knees are very different, Achilles is often 18-36 months before returning, if they even return.
Nobody ever returns from an injury like what Ibrahim sustained and performs at the same level as before. It's like losing a foot in an accident and having it reattached.

Nobody ever returns from an injury like what Ibrahim sustained and performs at the same level as before. It's like losing a foot in an accident and having it reattached.
With his young age and the always improving medical advances, Mo will be back strong this coming year. Not that RB depth is a problem.

That article says Minnesota is a top five team for players hitting the portal since August. That's a red flag.
If you dig in a little deeper, Ky Thomas and possibly MJ Anderson are the only good ones among the group. It's more likely that our recent recruiting success and gets through the portal are showing the upper classman that playing time aint available for them. For example, two QBs left, but we took a QB in 2021 and a QB in 2022 who are better, so they saw the writing on the wall. Similar with the others, they were buried on the depth chart.

Sorry it's not the red flag you want it to be.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Tough situation, as a fan I am disappointed but not surprised. The running back room had 5 guys who all rushed for 100+ yards in a game this year. 3 are coming back from injury, but they were the top three backs starting the year. Figured somebody was going to leave. I think Ky Thomas will be a stud wherever he ends up.
Hopefully he ends up at Purdue then. They need a stud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT