ADVERTISEMENT

New Normal

In the current environment there is ZERO loyalty from ADs to coaches to athletes.

Have I ever mentioned I HATE NIL & the portal?
It is Trev from Nebraska to A&M not a move up . The A&M Ad to
Ohio State not a move up .The Mizzou AD to Arizona. Not a move up . I believe it’s the BOR or whatever at each school, there maybe different elected over time and you simply aren’t going to get along with all your bosses.

Reactions: cruelhalo
Ohio State not a move up .The Mizzou AD to Arizona. Not a move up . I believe it’s the BOR or whatever at each school, there maybe different elected over time and you simply aren’t going to get along with all your bosses.
Everyone no matter the profession is trying to climb the ladder. It sucks that our own guy is leaving us… I wish the regents would have backed the Brinks truck up to his place. Massive loss.

Reactions: zrob and bigboxes
What did TA do that makes people think the place is going to fall apart now?
His only real activity was hiring a football coach who was drummed out his last job and had admirable but not overwhelming success in his college coaching career and has himself been a bit of a lilypad hopper.

He ignored basketball and got lucky doing it. Then there was the stadium upgrade fiasco ( at least I think it was) and the firing of Frost that was severely mishandled but was overlooked because everyone liked TA. It was a classic Eichorst type move.

I guess everyone took comfort in the loyalty angle that Trev was a steward of the athletic pride UNL has but that's pretty much a dead issue at this point.

Maybe he had good reason to quit we don't know or understand.

What did TA do that makes people think the place is going to fall apart now?
His only real activity was hiring a football coach who was drummed out his last job and had admirable but not overwhelming success in his college coaching career and has himself been a bit of a lilypad hopper.

He ignored basketball and got lucky doing it. Then there was the stadium upgrade fiasco ( at least I think it was) and the firing of Frost that was severely mishandled but was overlooked because everyone liked TA. It was a classic Eichorst type move.

I guess everyone took comfort in the loyalty angle that Trev was a steward of the athletic pride UNL has but that's pretty much a dead issue at this point.

Maybe he had good reason to quit we don't know or understand.
American's go to extremes. New president..Not my guy...World will end. New coach...not my guy...World will end.

My guess is we will be fine.

Reactions: jteten
I think it is lateral. Especially with his history here.

If A&M isn't a move up, why have 2 NU ADs gone from NU to A&M?

I love NIL and the portal. The existence of those two things are leveling the playing field and giving a school like Nebraska a chance to compete for talent better than at any time since the '90s. I also don't believe those two topics have anything to do with why Trev left. If it is - then get ready for Rhule to be gone soon also.

A&M to OSU is a huge move up, as long as you can feed the monster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT