ADVERTISEMENT

Fraud

egaRdeR

Sophomore
Oct 17, 2019
Do people really think Frost is a fraud? Maybe it is semantics, but I view a fraud as someone who misrepresented the self with malicious intentions. I don't really think that is that case.

I think Frost is lost. I think he came in with a plan that has worked for in in the past, but it isn't working here. He doesn't look like he knows how to solve the problems.

Are you guys just throwing the fraud thing out there because it is a cute little play on words with his name? Or do you really feel he mislead people intentionally to get the job?

Do people really think Frost is a fraud? Maybe it is semantics, but I view a fraud as someone who misrepresented the self with malicious intentions. I don't really think that is that case.

I think Frost is lost. I think he came in with a plan that has worked for in in the past, but it isn't working here. He doesn't look like he knows how to solve the problems.

Are you guys just throwing the fraud thing out there because it is a cute little play on words with his name? Or do you really feel he mislead people intentionally to get the job?
I think it's probably because of his big talk when he first got here and because he keeps saying that we are really close to being really good.

I say fans like you who creamed their jeans to get Frost hired and now wanting to run him out of town and pretend you never liked him are the frauds.

I think it's probably because of his big talk when he first got here and because he keeps saying that we are really close.
I get that. But I think he believed it. Not really trying to snow anyone.

Hubris, arrogant, full of himself.....all those make sense. But fraud?

Reactions: TheBeav815
He’s got to learn. Hopefully this humbled him enough to make change. What he’s doing flat out doesn’t work and the team is regressing. It’s going to be challenging next season because his welcome is gone and he will get chased out of town.

We are becoming that school where if you don’t succeed, it puts a serious hinderance on your career.

I think they need to go back to smash mouth football but they’ll need to gut the current offense and fire the bozo who is evaluating/training our QBs

I'm gonna cut to the chase and say you're taking the one's and zero's people type on the internet too seriously, OP. Maybe take a break and distance yourself personally from the vitriolic nature of fanatics' and coaches' relationships online.

I'm gonna cut to the chase and say you're taking the one's and zero's people type on the internet too seriously, OP. Maybe take a break and distance yourself personally from the vitriolic nature of fanatics' and coaches' relationships online.
I am detached. Really.

It is more odd to me. I get pissed, but the emotional outrage is just weird to me.

I think it’s a play on his last name. Like shitander. Smilin Mike. KKkirk ferentz.

Some truth to it

I am detached. Really.

It is more odd to me. I get pissed, but the emotional outrage is just weird to me.
Ok, cool, just have fun with it and know that one of these posters could be Frost himself, or an Io_a fan, or Larry the Table Rock Guy, or your grandma. You just don't know unless they reminisce about grab-assing at a Hastings basketball game from the team's bench.

Reactions: egaRdeR
one could make a case that if frost did'nt go to stanford we would have beat asu in 96 and not have split the NC with michigan in 97. because he would have been able to run the offense better. so I'm not sold on frost's overall decision making...

but

with the oregon duck cheerleaders and a good head coach he did great at oregon
and he did great at florida in the middle of recruiting talent USA.

the main problem frost has, the # 1 problem is: martinez isn't joe montana....
and the problem this causes effects a lot of things:

a. the receivers can't catch a ball that ain't there to catch
b. the running back can't get reps cause we are passing all the time
c. and the oline looks like turnstiles cause the qb can't burn the opposing defense down field, so they are free to bring the heat
d. and because of all the above, our defense is left on the field all day in bad positions.

but looking past all of that...

I think frost could get it together if he wasn't so bone headed about running his oregon offensive passing system, and worked on using the strengths his current players do have like have martinez run a lot more then pass, letting mills get 30 carries up the middle, and making everyone block more.
then when we do pass the defense won't be expecting it as much and it will burn them.

when frost thinks pass, he should be thinking quality, not quantity

Last edited:
I just think a lot of fans are tired of his cocky statements that he can't back up or take responsibility for:

-The Big Ten will have to adjust to my offense
-People better get us this now, because we'll be hard to beat soon
-Martinez is the next Pat Mahomes
-Jurgens is the next Dave Rimington

I just think a lot of fans are tired of his cocky statements that he can't back up or take responsibility for:

He said Martinez is the next pat mahomes?

This job and the learning curve has been so much more challenging than he anticipated. The adjustments haven’t come easy, or quickly. It’s only because of who he is that Frost will be coaching next season in Lincoln. Fraud is the wrong word. At this point it’s fail, not fraud.

I say fans like you who creamed their jeans to get Frost hired and now wanting to run him out of town and pretend you never liked him are the frauds.

Actually, they are classic Nebraska fans. They fail to see opposing fans views of them are generally spot on.

Reactions: frydaze
one could make a case that if frost did'nt go to stanford we would have beat asu in 96 and not have split the NC with michigan in 97. because he would have been able to run the offense better. so I'm not sold on frost's overall decision making...

but

with the oregon duck cheerleaders and a good head coach he did great at oregon
and he did great at florida in the middle of recruiting talent USA.

the main problem frost has, the # 1 problem is: martinez isn't joe montana....
and the problem this causes effects a lot of things:

a. the receivers can't catch a ball that ain't there to catch
b. the running back can't get reps cause we are passing all the time
c. and the oline looks like turnstiles cause the qb can't burn the opposing defense down field, so they are free to bring the heat
d. and because of all the above, our defense is left on the field all day in bad positions.

but looking past all of that...

I think frost could get it together if he wasn't so bone headed about running his oregon offensive passing system, and worked on using the strengths his current players do have like have martinez run a lot more then pass, letting mills get 30 carries up the middle, and making everyone block more.
then when we do pass the defense won't be expecting it as much and it will burn them.

when frost thinks pass, he should be thinking quality, not quantity

Great post

Reactions: redwine65
I don't think he is a fraud, I think he is a good ole boy who was very effective as an assistant and got lucky one year at UCF. Unfortunately, good ole boys don't always make good CEOs. Besides not wanting to upgrade his staff so as to not hurt relationships and feelings, I suspect the game planning is a committee type thing. I have this visual of all of them sitting around a conference table on Sunday and saying, "Hey, lets try this". It might be the reason the offensive game plan seems so random and disorganized. All the offensive coaches probably get to throw some tidbits into the kitty and the result is no identity. The way it should work is he should get the analytics from his computer geeks, consider them, then tell Lubick "We are going to run the ball 75% of our plays against Minnesota...make it happen.

I honestly hate the term and don't think it's funny or accurate. Has Frost been less than truthful about certain things? Sure. But fraudulent? Nope.

Reactions: egaRdeR
I thought the Frost hire was a grand slam, not just a home run. Why? Because he was bringing back the ‘old’ Nebraska, or so many of us assumed. Nope, be brought back Oregon, UCF, and whatever cute plans that filled the void in his brain when he unlearned a system that he himself won a NC with. Scott, please unlearn that new crap and go back to real Husker football. Soon. You can do it. We’ve got a $5 million bet every year that says you will.

I thought the Frost hire was a grand slam, not just a home run. Why? Because he was bringing back the ‘old’ Nebraska, or so many of us assumed. Nope, be brought back Oregon, UCF, and whatever cute plans that filled the void in his brain when he unlearned a system that he himself won a NC with. Scott, please unlearn that new crap and go back to real Husker football. Soon. You can do it. We’ve got a $5 million bet every year that says you will.
I don't see any chance of that happening. He had success with the Oregon system and he won't go away from that.

I don't mind that he tried to bring the UCF offense with him. He's had a lot of success with that, so why change it? But he should have never settled with bringing the UCF/Oregon defense over. That's not how Nebraska should play defense. The times we've been successful as a program is when our defense has been successful. Settling for middle of the pack defense isn't the Nebraska way, and Scott should know that.

Reactions: otismotis08

He's not a fraud. He didn't KNOW he was a "subpar" coach. I won't put that label on him. He didn't knowingly deceive us into thinking he was something he wasn't. Frost absolutely 100% thought he was "the goods" when he came here. Unfortunately for him AND more importantly us it hasn't worked out that way.

Holla

and “Luke is the future of the program”

Reactions: saluno22

I wish I could"Like' this post 10 times!

I don't think he's capable of intentionally misleading. I do think Frost is a genuine person.

he's just a miserably overmatched head football coach

Hayden Fry was a .500 coach (look it up, nerd). I would bet by the end of Frost's career his record will be at least as good as that wannabe legend. Didn't Fry also die of ovarian cancer?? What a joke he was.

and “Luke is the future of the program”
Agree. I cringed when I heard that. I wish he would have just said "Luke has a future in the program."

EDIT: Point being, I agree Frost has a problem running his mouth. His "The Big Ten will have to adjust to my offense " was essentially the same thing Bo said when we changed conferences in 2011. No one shook in their boots then, either.

Hayden Fry was a .500 coach (look it up, nerd). I would bet by the end of Frost's career his record will be at least as good as that wannabe legend. Didn't Fry also die of ovarian cancer?? What a joke he was.
Wikipedia says...
Head coaching record
Overall 232–178–10 (56.4%)
At Iowa: 143–89–6 (60.1%)

No but he needs to take a page from Urban Meyer and evolve the offense after losing to Clemson. He hired a young QB coach named Ryan Day to install an NFL passing scheme to pair with his spread running. Even Chip Kelly did it.

Reactions: saluno22
What I don't get is how I can watch footage of UCF under Frost, and the offense is completely unrecognizable compared to Nebraska's current system. UCF had playmakers all over the field. Receivers would run with the ball, and backs would catch the ball. The QB was dishing out short passes and running with the ball in such an unpredictable way the defense had no answer for all of the ways they could hurt you.

If you're going to blame it on talent, don't. Nebraska's recruiting has always been better than UCF's. UCF would kill for the kinds of stars found on Nebraska's recruiting class list.

In 2020 Nebraska can't do anything right. it is the third year in the system and they all look like it is their first practice. How is that even possible?

What I don't get is how I can watch footage of UCF under Frost, and the offense is completely unrecognizable compared to Nebraska's current system. UCF had playmakers all over the field. Receivers would run with the ball, and backs would catch the ball. The QB was dishing out short passes and running with the ball in such an unpredictable way the defense had no answer for all of the ways they could hurt you.

If you're going to blame it on talent, don't. Nebraska's recruiting has always been better than UCF's. UCF would kill for the kinds of stars found on Nebraska's recruiting class list.

In 2020 Nebraska can't do anything right. it is the third year in the system and they all look like it is their first practice. How is that even possible?
A combination of not having much talent to work with on the offensive line from Rileys classes, a qb that apparently doesn't have good field vision, and a coach that hasn't figured out to adjust his system to what we have to work with.

We certainly haven’t been getting the bargain we thought we’d be getting when hiring SF and agree 100% this isn’t anything we seen with the offense plays at UCF and after the 3rd season the team is getting worse than better and none of us envisioned we’d be this bad in year 3...

Fraud? Not so much. To be a fraud, you have to know that you suck and are just faking it for a money grab.

More than likely, Frost has a massive ego paired with a small brain.

It was also a much different level of competition in the AAC than in the BIG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT