ADVERTISEMENT

For all of my "woke" white brethren, I share this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
A success story, his parents both went to college, his uncle was a NFL player. Played at Arizona, glad he’s using his voice and opinions.

But his voice is just that, his voice. Much like Trump doesn’t speak for and represent “white” America, this guy doesn’t speak for “black” America. The right is too hung up on one story discrediting the experience of many others.

Do people think a child born black, into poverty in the inner city has the same chance in life as a white kid born to a doctor growing up in top notch schools?

I’m not saying you have to feel guilty for it, or it’s your fault. But at least acknowledge there is a difference.
Who says this is due to white privilege, or systematic racism?

Black children raised in two parent households fare better than white children from single parent households.

The REAL conversation we should be having is about the breakdown of marriage in American society. This has the largest effect on people of all races.
But no one wants to go there because *gasp*, there might be morals involved, and personal responsibility/etc. We can't have that.

So the problems will persist.

Let's not forget that this is a country of 330 million peeps. The media drives this narrative that is tearing the country apart. I consider MSM the worst of the worst.

Yes, we need additional training of police in techniques and sensitivity. I am tired of painting all police as brutal oppressors and most whites as racist. There's no fix for 'racist'. When you see it, the real thing that is, you confront it and call it out. I don't believe it is systemic. If police weren't in poorer communities, I shudder to think how bad crime would be.

Starting to think they didn't burn enough buildings to the ground to change anyone's minds and that everyone still believes what they believed before all the domestic terrorism started and dug their heels in even deeper.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Who says this is due to white privilege, or systematic racism?

Black children raised in two parent households fare better than white children from single parent households.

The REAL conversation we should be having is about the breakdown of marriage in American society. This has the largest effect on people of all races.
But no one wants to go there because *gasp*, there might be morals involved, and personal responsibility/etc. We can't have that.

So the problems will persist.

Starting to think they didn't burn enough buildings to the ground to change anyone's minds and that everyone still believes what they believed before all the domestic terrorism started and dug their heels in even deeper.

What's wrong with destroying 100,000 lives to show how offended you are at the destruction of one life? Perfectly logical, adult thinking.

Last edited:
No it's garbage because every single day on her Twitter, she calls people soft but can't ever stand people calling her a na MJ es.

Also she has her beliefs but she is attention needy. She really thought also bringing up a person past on the day of their funeral is okay. Or you know, her blasting black people on her Twitter every day says she hates black people
So let's get this straight...

If someone disagrees, or "blasts", a black person for their opinion, it means they

----hate black people?-----

Is that what racism means to you? Is that what it has become, in your mind?

Because if so, you do not want equal treatment. You want special treatment.

Well at least he is open minded enough to delete or disregard any commentary different than his opinion. Once I saw Prager University it all clicked. I’m going to forward to a few of my black friends. I’m sure they will get a good chuckle..
You just don't want to admit what the guy says is true. It doesn't fit the BLM agenda or the white guilt agenda.
It's people like you who think black people have absentees father. She is the scum of the earth & sorry excuse for a human being. Garbage person who is hated by 99 percent of black people
The illegitimate birth rate of blacks is 72%. To you in the new "woke" class that means without a father around.

And this has nothing to do with being poor? A black man was "killed" for using a fake $20. Is the cop going to kneel on a 150 pound white meth head for nine minutes? No, the cops did what they did and it had nothing to do with being poor. They are protesting, because the police have killed too many black people for no other reason than the way they look. It's sad and it has nothing to do with politics and/or being poor

So you know it was because he was black! Nothing more, nothing less.

Here’s a good checklist to start. If you can answer “yes” to most of these then you experience “privilege”
  1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.
  3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
  8. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  9. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  10. I can be pretty sure of having my voice heard in a group in which I am the only member of my race.
  11. I can be casual about whether or not to listen to another person's voice in a group in which s/he is the only member of his/her race.
  12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  13. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  14. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  15. I do not have to educate my children to be aware of systemic racism for their own daily physical protection.
  16. I can be pretty sure that my children's teachers and employers will tolerate them if they fit school and workplace norms; my chief worries about them do not concern others' attitudes toward their race.
  17. I can talk with my mouth full and not have people put this down to my color.
  18. I can swear, or dress in second hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty or the illiteracy of my race.
  19. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  20. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  21. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.
  22. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of color who constitute the world's majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  23. I can criticize our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behavior without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  24. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the "person in charge", I will be facing a person of my race.
  25. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.
  26. I can easily buy posters, post-cards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys and children's magazines featuring people of my race.
  27. I can go home from most meetings of organizations I belong to feeling somewhat tied in, rather than isolated, out-of-place, outnumbered, unheard, held at a distance or feared.
  28. I can be pretty sure that an argument with a colleague of another race is more likely to jeopardize her/his chances for advancement than to jeopardize mine.
  29. I can be pretty sure that if I argue for the promotion of a person of another race, or a program centering on race, this is not likely to cost me heavily within my present setting, even if my colleagues disagree with me.
  30. If I declare there is a racial issue at hand, or there isn't a racial issue at hand, my race will lend me more credibility for either position than a person of color will have.
  31. I can choose to ignore developments in minority writing and minority activist programs, or disparage them, or learn from them, but in any case, I can find ways to be more or less protected from negative consequences of any of these choices.
  32. My culture gives me little fear about ignoring the perspectives and powers of people of other races.
  33. I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race.
  34. I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking.
  35. I can take a job with an affirmative action employer without having my co-workers on the job suspect that I got it because of my race.
  36. If my day, week or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether it had racial overtones.
  37. I can be pretty sure of finding people who would be willing to talk with me and advise me about my next steps, professionally.
  38. I can think over many options, social, political, imaginative or professional, without asking whether a person of my race would be accepted or allowed to do what I want to do.
  39. I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflect on my race.
  40. I can choose public accommodation without fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated in the places I have chosen.
  41. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help, my race will not work against me.
  42. I can arrange my activities so that I will never have to experience feelings of rejection owing to my race.
  43. If I have low credibility as a leader I can be sure that my race is not the problem.
  44. I can easily find academic courses and institutions which give attention only to people of my race.
  45. I can expect figurative language and imagery in all of the arts to testify to experiences of my race.
  46. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in "flesh" color and have them more or less match my skin.
  47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.
  48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.
  49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.
  50. I will feel welcomed and "normal" in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.
  51. Source: https://projecthumanities.asu.edu/content/white-privilege-checklist

The people in our society with privilege are the people with common sense . . . oh wait, Pelosi has privilege . . .I take back what I said . . . you know your country is successful when the dumb can get rich.

I went to school in North Omaha... Yeah I get what you saying here, but that doesn't change the fact that you are judging in this post. Poor areas have more crime, understood. That doesn't mean all poor black people deserve to be judged for where they live.
Agreed.

So...what do you want?

Killing of unarmed black people by police has gone down over the years. Not perfect yet...I think it was 9 in 2019? But on a good path, right?
My disconnect is...what do people want? Abolishing the police? C'mon.

Also, how do you know people are only being judged based on their skin color or where they live/are from?
For example, there's a restaurant I went to once for takeout. I won't go there again. You wanna know why?
I looked at the open kitchen and one of the chefs had pants down hanging below his ass, tattoos everywhere, wearing all black, and multiple piercings.
He's white.

Kinda like Jussie Smollett right?

Smollett grew emotional in the TV interview and became teary. He said: “I will never be the man that this did not happen to. I am forever changed.”

On January 29, 2019, Smollett told police that he was attacked outside his apartment building by two men in ski masks who called him racial and homophobic slurs, and said "This is MAGA country", referencing President Donald Trump's slogan "Make America Great Again" and used their hands, feet, and teeth as weapons in the assault.

On February 11, 2020, after further investigation by a special prosecutor was completed, Smollett was indicted again by a Cook County grand jury on six counts pertaining to making four false police reports.
Or Al Sharpton and Tawana Brawley?
It was 1987 when a black teenager, Tawana Brawley, said she had been raped and kidnapped by a group of white men in Dutchess County, N.Y. On October 6, 1988, the grand jury released its 170-page report concluding Brawley had not been abducted, assaulted, raped or sodomized, as Brawley and her advisers said. The report further concluded that the "unsworn public allegations against Dutchess County Assistant District Attorney Steven Pagones" were false and had no basis in fact.​

....I mean we can do this back n forth all day.
I must not have been clear. The post I responded to was suggesting there was something inherently bad/racist about using race to describe someone... in that case to police. My assertion is that it doesn’t have to be any different than describing the color of a vehicle.

I have a problem with people who automatically make a negative association, ie... claim racism, simply because any given event may involve people from more than one race. There are other facts needs to support intent/outcome. Race alone does not equal racism.

I’m done with the conversation. The emotions involved with this for everyone isn’t real conducive to rational, productive dialogue.

So you know it was because he was black! Nothing more, nothing less.
It's also well established that he fought with the officers for awhile before the camera activity started, so him being held there was not because of a "fake 20 dollar bill". It was because he was being violent.
He also had various substances in his system, which probably affected his actions.

None of this, however, warrants his death, which was murder. He was down and the threat was contained and he should have been treated much better.

This is sad. Most everyone getting screwed by this situation had nothing to do with it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/minneapolis-manufacturing-company-leave-city-134117859.html

50 more families out on their ass long term. Thousands more on deck.
Well,
Like the woke, college indoctrinated, ultra liberal head of Minneapolis city council said in response to a question about what are people supposed to do when they are victims of a crime, "Being able to call 911 and expecting police to help is a form of privilege."

So, maybe it's privilege for these fifty families to expect their jobs to be safe from moving due to lawlessness in the USofA. And if they are black, well...crickets.

If someone disagrees, or "blasts", a black person for their opinion, it means they

Hey you catching on now

Are you sure about that?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/inv...veals-the-final-minutes-of-tony-timpa-s-life/

Edit: None of the officers involved in this incident were charged with a crime.
More unarmed white men are killed by cops then unarmed black men.

And, of course, the response is there are more white people. True, but black people account for a higher rate of crime and have more interactions with police.
It doesn't mean we can't expect better, or try to improve. We should. But at the same time, we are entering the "discussion" dishonestly. This won't fix anything.

be wary of those who call for open-mindedness as long as they don't have to be exposed to things that make them uncomfortable
The problem I have with the whole "we need to reflect" and "we need to have a discussion" is that it is dishonest.

You don't want me to reflect, you want me to agree with you. And if I "reflect" and don't come to the same conclusions as you, you will attack me with claims of racism, privilege, etc.

Before this is all locked I want to leave this here. I really think people need to check it out. More perspectives from black Americans on some of the problems, and things that should be considered as "solutions" are thrown out....which I have a feeling will ultimately come down to money....some really good thoughts in this you won't get from the media, especially Christopher Arps, but read 'em all.

https://nationalcenter.org/project21/2014/01/08/lbjs-war-on-poverty-hurt-black-americans/

Let's not forget that this is a country of 330 million peeps. The media drives this narrative that is tearing the country apart. I consider MSM the worst of the worst.

Yes, we need additional training of police in techniques and sensitivity. I am tired of painting all police as brutal oppressors and most whites as racist. There's no fix for 'racist'. When you see it, the real thing that is, you confront it and call it out. I don't believe it is systemic. If police weren't in poorer communities, I shudder to think how bad crime would be.
Yes, all true points.

Racism sucks, but...seriously...is me voting for a liberal going to somehow prevent some crazy racist Karen from calling the cops on a black guy for no reason? I'm guessing 99% of America already doesn't like Karen, nor agree with her actions, yet 50% of America is acting like the other half is all Karen.

When I was a kid (15 yrs old) we left Libya and moved to Dalzell, SC. My dad was transferring to Shaw AFB for his last assignment.

On the drive up from Charleston we drove past unpainted shacks that looked like something Sherman might have seen on his way to Atlanta.

After living in numerous places as dad shuffled us from Washington state to Nebraska and other places in between the drive to Dalzell was shocking, even for knuckleheads like us (think shantytowns in Libya, etc.). That’s where we saw a racial environment we had never seen before.

Anyway, my brother John was hired by a local store (just a small grocer that served locals). John was told to only let three people in at a time—he swore that’s what he heard, I’m not so sure that was the case. On his first day at work he had several Blacks in line and these two white guys came up and started to go in and he told them to go to the back of the line. That went over like a lead fart.

He was told to only let in no more than three migrant workers or Blacks at a time. He lasted a couple more days.

I’m sure things are better but how much better I’m not sure. 1 out of every 1,000 Black males is killed at the hands of police (PBS, 6/20). In short, police are 2.5 times more likely to shoot Blacks (World Atlas, 4/17). Black, American Indian, and Alaskan Native women are two to three times more likely to die from pregnancy related causes than white women. Minority women 30 and over that base figure rises to 3 to 4 times higher (CDC Newsroom, 9/5/19.

I could go on but racial discrimination and disparities are a problem.

When I was a kid (15 yrs old) we left Libya and moved to Dalzell, SC. My dad was transferring to Shaw AFB for his last assignment.

On the drive up from Charleston we drove past unpainted shacks that looked like something Sherman might have seen on his way to Atlanta.

After living in numerous places as dad shuffled us from Washington state to Nebraska and other places in between the drive to Dalzell was shocking, even for knuckleheads like us (think shantytowns in Libya, etc.). That’s where we saw a racial environment we had never seen before.

Anyway, my brother John was hired by a local store (just a small grocer that served locals). John was told to only let three people in at a time—he swore that’s what he heard, I’m not so sure that was the case. On his first day at work he had several Blacks in line and these two white guys came up and started to go in and he told them to go to the back of the line. That went over like a lead fart.

He was told to only let in no more than three migrant workers or Blacks at a time. He lasted a couple more days.

I’m sure things are better but how much better I’m not sure. 1 out of every 1,000 Black males is killed at the hands of police (PBS, 6/20). In short, police are 2.5 times more likely to shoot Blacks (World Atlas, 4/17). Black, American Indian, and Alaskan Native women are two to three times more likely to die from pregnancy related causes than white women. Minority women 30 and over that base figure rises to 3 to 4 times higher (CDC Newsroom, 9/5/19.

Now prove how many of those 1 in 1,000 involved wrongful use of deadly force.
Now prove the problem with women dying in pregnancy is related to racism.

Aren't something like 40% of black children killed before they are born? Pretty sure that can be blamed on abortion. Oops, not supposed to go there, for some reason.

It's also well established that he fought with the officers for awhile before the camera activity started, so him being held there was not because of a "fake 20 dollar bill". It was because he was being violent.
He also had various substances in his system, which probably affected his actions.

None of this, however, warrants his death, which was murder. He was down and the threat was contained and he should have been treated much better.

Agreed, a "man" unnecessarily died.

This protest is primarily 17-23 year non-black kids who are trying to compensate for the lack of black people in their life because mommy and daddy sent them to private school and all they really know about black people came from what they were taught in history class in the month of February. Is there anything worse than an ass kisser?

Black men are roughly 7% of our population and yet they manage to commit 50% of our murders. Black men in particular commit over 80% of violent crime in America. And you wonder why black men are 2.5X more likely to be killed by a cop? Maybe you need to take a look again at the statistics. They SHOULD be 4-5X more likely to be killed by a cop than their white counterparts given their propensity to commit violent crime.

Before this is all locked I want to leave this here. I really think people need to check it out. More perspectives from black Americans on some of the problems, and things that should be considered as "solutions" are thrown out....which I have a feeling will ultimately come down to money....some really good thoughts in this you won't get from the media, especially Christopher Arps, but read 'em all.

https://nationalcenter.org/project21/2014/01/08/lbjs-war-on-poverty-hurt-black-americans/

it's a values problem not a money problem ...

The people in our society with privilege are the people with common sense . . . oh wait, Pelosi has privilege . . .I take back what I said . . . you know your country is successful when the dumb can get rich.
I don't think that's route you want to take with who is currently in the white house because it clearly shows intelligence had little to no correlation to wealth there

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

What an ignorant crap comment. She is a crazy person hated in the black community. She's racist trash against other people . No black gives a crap about her shitty loser self

Black men are roughly 7% of our population and yet they manage to commit 50% of our murders. Black men in particular commit over 80% of violent crime in America. And you wonder why black men are 2.5X more likely to be killed by a cop? Maybe you need to take a look again at the statistics. They SHOULD be 4-5X more likely to be killed by a cop than their white counterparts given their propensity to commit violent crime.

Really? Your a dumbass trash fir this statement? What a fake stat . People like you are such low life. Yeah it's so funny black people are killed by cops . Piece of trash

Really? Your a dumbass trash fir this statement? What a fake stat . People like you are such low life. Yeah it's so funny black people are killed by cops . Piece of trash
It isn't fake. It's a statistic repeatedly proven in studies by multiple liberal institutions. They were very surprised by the results of the studies. Look, my nephew is a young military veteran black cop. I understand the issues. The video of George getting killed made me sick. The riots make me sick in part because I know how far BOTH of these things are going to set race relations back in this country. A liberal Minnesota prosecutor (Klobucar) prevented Chauvin from being removed from his job TWICE that we know of. It's just sad. The story of the black police chief near St. Louis getting killed while investigating looting is just heart breaking.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Candace Owens for POTUS 2028
tenor.gif

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
The problem I have with the whole "we need to reflect" and "we need to have a discussion" is that it is dishonest.

You don't want me to reflect, you want me to agree with you. And if I "reflect" and don't come to the same conclusions as you, you will attack me with claims of racism, privilege, etc.

i promise i won't call you a racist ... tbh ... there is no solution to an imperfect world where at least 20% of the population has incurable mental illness ... this really is a psychiatric problem ... i like saying it is a values problem because i like lying to myself that there is a solution ... likely i'm wrong ... there is no solution for a species that demands paradise in a reality that doesn't allow for that ... the solution is locking up the mentally ill and we decided to release them and then vote them into office

Last edited:

I can’t read your GIF. I can see it, but I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad reply... I think Owens is a bright young lady whose been treated awful in the media and her community. Reminds me of another great American - william dubois.

told the black community what they needed to hear and not what they wanted to hear.

I can’t read your GIF. I can see it, but I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad reply... I think Owens is a bright young lady whose been treated awful in the media and her community. Reminds me of another great American - william dubois.

told the black community what they needed to hear and not what they wanted to hear.
Noooo man... Nooo... She tells the black community what white people say about the black community behind closed doors.. It's her grift. She will get tons of white support and dollars playing the game. It's like Clay Travis in sports media.. He is playing the game. He doesn't believe most of the shit he says but advertising dollars are to be had so its the path he chose

Noooo man... Nooo... She tells the black community what white people say about the black community behind closed doors.. It's her grift. She will get tons of white support and dollars playing the game. It's like Clay Travis in sports media.. He is playing the game. He doesn't believe most of the shit he says but advertising dollars are to be had so its the path he chose

The black community already assumes everyone whose white is a racist. Haha. What can she say behind close doors?

seriously- the best prospect the GOP has is Ms Owens.

I appreciate your reply, I thought the stat was looking at unarmed Blacks vs. Whites. I will check that aspect out. Thanks again.

The black community already assumes everyone whose white is a racist. Haha. What can she say behind close doors?

seriously- the best prospect the GOP has is Ms Owens.
This is not meant to be a personal attack so I apologize if it comes off that way. I think quite a few here would maybe have a little different perspective if they had friends who were black. Not just oh I know a few black people but actual friends. I do realize that if you live in the rural middle that might not even be possible but it certainly would help. Leaving the state was the best thing I did to open and change my world view. That being said I am back in omaha until at least May because Los Angeles was losing its mind. I am fortunate to have summers off

I appreciate your reply, I thought the stat was looking at unarmed Blacks vs. Whites. I will check that aspect out. Thanks again.
He literally said black Males should be killed 5x more by cops. One statistic isn't fact. It's a blatant lie black Male commit more crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT