ADVERTISEMENT

For all of my "woke" white brethren, I share this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
One, its shouldn't be hard to acknowledge racism exist in us. Two, police absolutely target black people. I was a victim of police walking to a target 5 min from me. That is a start. Acknowledge black people have reason to fear cops
They have a reason to fear cops - and breaking shit, destroying businesses, and stopping traffic is not the way to change that. This is elementary psychology.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
They have a reason to fear cops - and breaking shit, destroying businesses, and stopping traffic is not the way to change that. This is elementary psychology.

They have a reason to fear cops? You sound so ignorant The fact you think it's all black people committing crimes speaks loudly about you & your utter level of ignorance and racism Yoi aren't worth having a conversation with as you just sound & say dumb level trash

Well, I believe we need more afro American cops on the street, but first someone would have to do it..
Now what has happened how many Afro Americans will want to be police officers...

A huge % in some of the largest cities are minority

A huge % in some of the largest cities are minority
Doesn't matter if black people are in the police. There is a culture of brutality & learned teachings that will never change & passed down to other officers.

Two of the four police officers in George floyd case had only been on job for 4 days & training with a person who had 18 excessive complaints

Doesn't matter if black people are in the police. There is a culture of brutality & learned teachings that will never change & passed down to other officers.

Two of the four police officers in George floyd case had only been on job for 4 days & training with a person who had 18 excessive complaints

What are you saying - is it systemic racism in the cop culture, that even the large % of minority cops are doing to minorities? And was the cop who killed George a racist?

Reactions: scarletred
There are poor white people all over the country. Some get out, some don't. But they don't all get out simply because they are white. If they get out, it is because the worked hard, or got lucky. Either way, it wasn't simply because of their privileged skin color.
And this has nothing to do with being poor? A black man was "killed" for using a fake $20. Is the cop going to kneel on a 150 pound white meth head for nine minutes? No, the cops did what they did and it had nothing to do with being poor. They are protesting, because the police have killed too many black people for no other reason than the way they look. It's sad and it has nothing to do with politics and/or being poor

Reactions: buffpride1
I am just trying to honestly trying to teach you. Saying you people has a largely negative historical connotations.
Fair enough, and I am trying to honestly share back. I believe you are too thin skinned if you are letting words bother you. I’m an overweight, balding redhead. You don’t think I’ve heard words that offend me. You don’t think I have had some disadvantages due to my appearance? I cant change my looks, but I can control where I put my energy. Yes, black people are targeted. It is not fair at all, but I believe there are much more productive ways to share the concern and enact change. Blocking a freeway when I’m on my way to a meeting is not helping me sympathize.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and wkato

So is it about race or excessive complaints?

He was very obviously a bad cop, have you seen the 18 excessive violence claims? I have not. What if he was just a dick cop who took arrests and taking people into custody with excessive force and he was not a racist? What if George Floyd was just a victim of that shitty cop being at the wrong place at the wrong time and it was just circumstance and not blatant racism that led to his death?

He may well turn out to be a racist and that all 19 excessive force complaints will be against black men.

It almost sounds like you are defending the 2 trainee officers, like they didn't know putting your knee on a throat and neck for 10 minutes could somehow cause permanent damage. There was a 3rd guy there that wasn't a rookie, he could have done something too. Lots of blame to go around and the fact of the matter is that it should never have happened. But it did.

And this has nothing to do with being poor? A black man was "killed" for using a fake $20. Is the cop going to kneel on a 150 pound white meth head for nine minutes. No, the cops did what they did and it had nothing to do with being poor.

You don’t know that, and that is a huge problem when you presume it. This cop is a pos. George was killed by a pos. When people immediately scream “racism,”
without knowing anything other than skin color, it is a major, major problem.

They have a reason to fear cops? You sound so ignorant The fact you think it's all black people committing crimes speaks loudly about you & your utter level of ignorance and racism Yoi aren't worth having a conversation with as you just sound & say dumb level trash
So admitting that black people HAVE a reason to fear cops triggers you?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
And this has nothing to do with being poor? A black man was "killed" for using a fake $20. Is the cop going to kneel on a 150 pound white meth head for nine minutes? No, the cops did what they did and it had nothing to do with being poor. They are protesting, because the police have killed too many black people for no other reason than the way they look. It's sad and it has nothing to do with politics and/or being poor

Context is not your strong point is it?

If you include all of my post, and include the post I was commenting on, you will see were weren't at all discussing the George Floyd event. But don't let that stop you from chiming in.

All that shouting must have "woke" him up.

Why was he wrong about respecting the flag? I saw my Dad and my best friends coffins covered in the flag. I served and the flag is important to me too. I'm not going to say you can't kneel, but I dont like it.

I'm not going to get angry about it either. Peoples values should be respected.

So is it about race or excessive complaints?

He was very obviously a bad cop, have you seen the 18 excessive violence claims? I have not. What if he was just a dick cop who took arrests and taking people into custody with excessive force and he was not a racist? What if George Floyd was just a victim of that shitty cop being at the wrong place at the wrong time and it was just circumstance and not blatant racism that led to his death?

He may well turn out to be a racist and that all 19 excessive force complaints will be against black men.

It almost sounds like you are defending the 2 trainee officers, like they didn't know putting your knee on a throat and neck for 10 minutes could somehow cause permanent damage. There was a 3rd guy there that wasn't a rookie, he could have done something too. Lots of blame to go around and the fact of the matter is that it should never have happened. But it did.

Not defending them. The prosecutor have proof now racism was involved as the Asian police officer has turned state witness.
As for black people in police departments, it doesn't matter because they are thought to ongrate in police culture of implicit bias/ racism, police brutality and racial profiling

Fair enough, and I am trying to honestly share back. I believe you are too thin skinned if you are letting words bother you. I’m an overweight, balding redhead. You don’t think I’ve heard words that offend me. You don’t think I have had some disadvantages due to my appearance? I cant change my looks, but I can control where I put my energy. Yes, black people are targeted. It is not fair at all, but I believe there are much more productive ways to share the concern and enact change. Blocking a freeway when I’m on my way to a meeting is not helping me sympathize.

I really don't care about words. Was just trying to honestly tell you, you people have a largely negative historical connotations around the black community

Let me help you out @big red22

Context is not your strong point is it?

If you include all of my post, and include the post I was commenting on, you will see were weren't at all discussing the George Floyd event. But don't let that stop you from chiming in.
A success story, his parents both went to college, his uncle was a NFL player. Played at Arizona, glad he’s using his voice and opinions.

But his voice is just that, his voice. Much like Trump doesn’t speak for and represent “white” America, this guy doesn’t speak for “black” America. The right is too hung up on one story discrediting the experience of many others.

Do people think a child born black, into poverty in the inner city has the same chance in life as a white kid born to a doctor growing up in top notch schools?

I’m not saying you have to feel guilty for it, or it’s your fault. But at least acknowledge there is a difference.

So your whole argument is to take an example of what he wrote about being black and born into a stable family environment vs being born to a single white methhead and reversing it?

I will readily admit I do not feel guilty for being white. I had absolutely no control over that. Just like another person had no control of being born to a single black mom in the the inner cities. But I look at life like a poker tournament, we are dealt a hand, you play the hand and quit looking for people to "let you win" because you got shitty cards. Figure out a way to get out of your situation, or quit because you were dealt a shitty hand. Your choice.

I'm not telling you not to feel guilty. Just don't expect me to share your feelings.

There are poor white people all over the country. Some get out, some don't. But they don't all get out simply because they are white. If they get out, it is because the worked hard, or got lucky. Either way, it wasn't simply because of their privileged skin color.

Lol, start with the relevant implicit bias tests and then if you’re really serious, complete an intercultural assessment, like the IDI, and then we can talk about “undeserved advantages of being white” (the non-sugarcoated term for “white privilege”)

Thank you. What are these tests? What is the purpose? Who put them together? Who funds them? How much does it cost? Have you taken them? If so, why?

I am a little disappointed, as you were talking so hard about having real conversations about racism, and then you go tell me take to take a test.

Maybe you can tell me about the “undeserved advantages?” Could you just do that, instead of waiting for me to take tests? I’m guessing that if I do take the tests, I’ll find out that I’m privileged and that it is undeserved. Can you just maybe ask me the hard questions that you were referring to in your first post? That way, I can respond.

I really don't care about words. Was just trying to honestly tell you, you people have a largely negative historical connotations around the black community
I agree, but move on my friend. Hanging onto that shit is eating you alive. No race, group, or community is perfect. We are all humans and all have faults. White people have done plenty of wrongs but many have tried to make changes for the better. The black community has to make changes as well to improve their well being, but all I hear is denial for some of the problems that are keeping the community down. You are giving white people way too much credit. White people are not that smart to somehow systematically keep an entire race of people under their thumb for decades.

Thank you. What are these tests? What is the purpose? Who put them together? Who funds them? How much does it cost? Have you taken them? If so, why?

I am a little disappointed, as you were talking so hard about having real conversations about racism, and then you go tell me take to take a test.

Maybe you can tell me about the “undeserved advantages?” Could you just do that, instead of waiting for me to take tests? I’m guessing that if I do take the tests, I’ll find out that I’m privileged and that it is undeserved. Can you just maybe ask me the hard questions that you were referring to in your first post? That way, I can respond.

Here’s a good checklist to start. If you can answer “yes” to most of these then you experience “privilege”
  1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.
  3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
  8. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  9. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  10. I can be pretty sure of having my voice heard in a group in which I am the only member of my race.
  11. I can be casual about whether or not to listen to another person's voice in a group in which s/he is the only member of his/her race.
  12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  13. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  14. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  15. I do not have to educate my children to be aware of systemic racism for their own daily physical protection.
  16. I can be pretty sure that my children's teachers and employers will tolerate them if they fit school and workplace norms; my chief worries about them do not concern others' attitudes toward their race.
  17. I can talk with my mouth full and not have people put this down to my color.
  18. I can swear, or dress in second hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty or the illiteracy of my race.
  19. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  20. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  21. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.
  22. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of color who constitute the world's majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  23. I can criticize our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behavior without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  24. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the "person in charge", I will be facing a person of my race.
  25. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.
  26. I can easily buy posters, post-cards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys and children's magazines featuring people of my race.
  27. I can go home from most meetings of organizations I belong to feeling somewhat tied in, rather than isolated, out-of-place, outnumbered, unheard, held at a distance or feared.
  28. I can be pretty sure that an argument with a colleague of another race is more likely to jeopardize her/his chances for advancement than to jeopardize mine.
  29. I can be pretty sure that if I argue for the promotion of a person of another race, or a program centering on race, this is not likely to cost me heavily within my present setting, even if my colleagues disagree with me.
  30. If I declare there is a racial issue at hand, or there isn't a racial issue at hand, my race will lend me more credibility for either position than a person of color will have.
  31. I can choose to ignore developments in minority writing and minority activist programs, or disparage them, or learn from them, but in any case, I can find ways to be more or less protected from negative consequences of any of these choices.
  32. My culture gives me little fear about ignoring the perspectives and powers of people of other races.
  33. I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race.
  34. I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking.
  35. I can take a job with an affirmative action employer without having my co-workers on the job suspect that I got it because of my race.
  36. If my day, week or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether it had racial overtones.
  37. I can be pretty sure of finding people who would be willing to talk with me and advise me about my next steps, professionally.
  38. I can think over many options, social, political, imaginative or professional, without asking whether a person of my race would be accepted or allowed to do what I want to do.
  39. I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflect on my race.
  40. I can choose public accommodation without fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated in the places I have chosen.
  41. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help, my race will not work against me.
  42. I can arrange my activities so that I will never have to experience feelings of rejection owing to my race.
  43. If I have low credibility as a leader I can be sure that my race is not the problem.
  44. I can easily find academic courses and institutions which give attention only to people of my race.
  45. I can expect figurative language and imagery in all of the arts to testify to experiences of my race.
  46. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in "flesh" color and have them more or less match my skin.
  47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.
  48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.
  49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.
  50. I will feel welcomed and "normal" in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.
  51. Source: https://projecthumanities.asu.edu/content/white-privilege-checklist

Not defending them. The prosecutor have proof now racism was involved as the Asian police officer has turned state witness.
As for black people in police departments, it doesn't matter because they are thought to ongrate in police culture of implicit bias/ racism, police brutality and racial profiling

You mean the Asian police officer with 6 excessive force complaints, 1 still open? He is turning state's witness? interesting.

Well you asked for it.

Here’s a good checklist to start. If you can answer “yes” to most of these then you experience “privilege”
  1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.
  3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
  8. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
  9. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.
  10. I can be pretty sure of having my voice heard in a group in which I am the only member of my race.
  11. I can be casual about whether or not to listen to another person's voice in a group in which s/he is the only member of his/her race.
  12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can cut my hair.
  13. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
  14. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
  15. I do not have to educate my children to be aware of systemic racism for their own daily physical protection.
  16. I can be pretty sure that my children's teachers and employers will tolerate them if they fit school and workplace norms; my chief worries about them do not concern others' attitudes toward their race.
  17. I can talk with my mouth full and not have people put this down to my color.
  18. I can swear, or dress in second hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty or the illiteracy of my race.
  19. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
  20. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
  22. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of color who constitute the world's majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.
  23. I can criticize our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behavior without being seen as a cultural outsider.
  24. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the "person in charge", I will be facing a person of my race.
  25. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.
  26. I can easily buy posters, post-cards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys and children's magazines featuring people of my race.
  27. I can go home from most meetings of organizations I belong to feeling somewhat tied in, rather than isolated, out-of-place, outnumbered, unheard, held at a distance or feared.
  28. I can be pretty sure that an argument with a colleague of another race is more likely to jeopardize her/his chances for advancement than to jeopardize mine.
  29. I can be pretty sure that if I argue for the promotion of a person of another race, or a program centering on race, this is not likely to cost me heavily within my present setting, even if my colleagues disagree with me.
  30. If I declare there is a racial issue at hand, or there isn't a racial issue at hand, my race will lend me more credibility for either position than a person of color will have.
  31. I can choose to ignore developments in minority writing and minority activist programs, or disparage them, or learn from them, but in any case, I can find ways to be more or less protected from negative consequences of any of these choices.
  32. My culture gives me little fear about ignoring the perspectives and powers of people of other races.
  33. I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race.
  34. I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking.
  35. I can take a job with an affirmative action employer without having my co-workers on the job suspect that I got it because of my race.
  36. If my day, week or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether it had racial overtones.
  37. I can be pretty sure of finding people who would be willing to talk with me and advise me about my next steps, professionally.
  38. I can think over many options, social, political, imaginative or professional, without asking whether a person of my race would be accepted or allowed to do what I want to do.
  40. I can choose public accommodation without fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated in the places I have chosen.
  41. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help, my race will not work against me.
  42. I can arrange my activities so that I will never have to experience feelings of rejection owing to my race.
  43. If I have low credibility as a leader I can be sure that my race is not the problem.
  44. I can easily find academic courses and institutions which give attention only to people of my race.
  45. I can expect figurative language and imagery in all of the arts to testify to experiences of my race.
  46. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in "flesh" color and have them more or less match my skin.
  47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.
  48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.
  49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.
  50. I will feel welcomed and "normal" in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.

Read number 46 on your list, then read my original post in this thread and see if you can spot any similarities.

You brought up Peggy McIntosh’s list in your OP, not me.

No Brandon Tatum brought up 1 question in her antiquated privilege test and inferred it was stupid. Then you posted the whole thing. I only pointed out that Tatum had already refuted a portion of her test that you believe to be some sort of wokeness test.

Can you walk into a restaurant in you neighborhood and feel comfortable?
Do people in the park notice your neon bandage on your elbow and chuckle behind your back?
Can you walk down the street in your neighborhood and say hello to a neighbor of another race without that person feeling like who are only saying hello because you are white?

That is blatantly false He can get camera time whenever they want. Al Sharpton works at MSNBC. Both men have given more financially & done way more for the black community.

They are race pimps, they get wealthy from the racism game. Jesse Jackson perfected it, he extorts money from corporations to not publicly call them out. I work in IT and we are DESPERATE to hire black people with the skills we need. Instead of going to every black high school and every black college and preaching about the opportunities ($$$) available he'd rather extort the Googles and the like for cash. Fredrick Douglass talking about these types a long time ago so they aren't new.

You have been indoctrinated into a hateful ideology and you don't even know it. Humanities in today's universities is made up bull shit. There is no scholarship behind it at all. Many professors are alarmed and researched where this grievance studies BS came from. I could point you to many sources that you should at least review. This one is hilarious, informative and scary.

You come into this discussion, running your mouth about how certain people don’t want to have “real, hard conversions” about racism, and you post completely subjective, isolated anectodal questions from (presumably) a white girl? No questions posed by you to engage in any sort of logical discussion, no studies, no empirical data whatsoever, not even a token “I’ve got all these minority friends who get pulled over by cops” stories. But, this hard core, most definitive “test”
of privilege.

This is a joke. You are a joke. You are the exact person Brandin is referring to. You are the weak. You are the problem.

You come into this discussion, running your mouth about how certain people don’t want to have “real, hard conversions” about racism, and you post completely subjective, isolated anectodal questions from (presumably) a white girl? No questions posed by you to engage in any sort of logical discussion, no studies, no empirical data whatsoever, not even a token “I’ve got all these minority friends who get pulled over by cops” stories. But, this hard core, most definitive “test”
of privilege.

This is a joke. You are a joke. You are the exact person Brandin is referring to. You are the weak. You are the problem.
It’s the full list from Peggy McIntosh raised by the OP. #BunkerBaby

tenor.gif

.... it smells like piss in here.

No shit? Raised by the OP? How does that make her “test” anymore accurate or legitimate? Is this your hard core conversation that all of us softies can’t take?
Well, it’s the origin of the “white privilege” literature so it is the logical place to start. BTW, you didn’t answer them

Well, it’s the origin of the “white privilege” literature so it is the logical place to start. BTW, you didn’t answer them

If it’s the origin, then it must be legit. You are the weak.

Edit: as an example, Jim Jones has some original thoughts and practices, does that make them / him correct and relevant? Also, what if a black person takes the quiz and answers more “yes” than “no.” Are they white privileged?

Last edited:
A little sad the board will revert back . . . it got me to thinking about the millions of people (some on this board recently) who say, "Why can't we have an honest discussion about race in our country?"

You've heard that from all sorts of people. Well there is a reason we can't discuss race . . . politics . . . religion . . . .sex . . . because nobody really wants an honest discussion about any subject that requires hard-truths mixed with open-mindedness. 95% of people look at reality as the enemy. Why do you think people are passionate about marijuana and alcohol and entertainment media? It's a way to be alive but not engaged with reality. The Cosmos is random and ever-changing and nothing terrifies people more than that. People want guarantees and unearned rewards. So we gave ourselves hospitals that perform miracles . . . welfare . . . food, shelter and clothing . . . chemical and electronic escapism . . . billions of different life forms on earth and these things are only available to us. AND ALL WE DO IS COMPLAIN. ALL WE DO IS FEEL SORRY FOR OURSELVES WHILE PRETENDING TO BE EMPATHIC SAINTS.

Try this. Go watch any non-human try to survive. It will **ck you up. It will shame you and amaze like nothing else ever will. The other creatures, they don't complain, they don't seek refuge in hallucinogens. They don't have any "rights". They try harder and go thru more **it in one week than you and I will go thru in a lifetime. They dance on the razor's edge of death in a way no human has in 10,000 years. In my lifetime I have never experienced unprovoked aggression from any creature . . . with one exception. And that one exception has the smallest reason for aggression and yet delivers more of it in a single year than the entire resume of the dinosaurs over a 200 million year reign.

"I come here for sports, not politics" Okay, that's honest. But you and I know there is no refuge from politics ANYWHERE. Not in the workplace . . . not in school . . . not in church's, synagogues, mosques . . . not on the interwebs . . . not in the parks, playgrounds, campgrounds, theaters, stadiums and resorts . . . not among friends or lovers . . . it turns out we are not biological creatures, we have devolved into political creatures first, last and always. We are so removed from the harsh reality of nature that we can spend an entire lifetime screaming at each other and participating in narcissistic pursuits. Our grandparents lived thru a depression and fought a world war . . . the generations that came after had to invent drama so they could pretend they knew what suffering was. The 21st century was supposed to be better than the bloody stupidity of the 20th century. Has it been? NOPE! We're entering the new dark ages, for the same reason we entered the dark ages after the fall of the Roman empire. They got fat and lazy and couldn't fight off the barbarians . . . America got fat, lazy and stupid and didn't even try and fight off China . . . we just walked over and knocked on their door and said: "Here, we're too stupid and fat to get off the couch so we've decided to give this world to barbarian totalitarians."

Posterity will look back on us with more bewilderment and disgust than we look back on the Romans who pathetically squandered the accumulated achievements of thousands of years of upward climbing . . .

merry_christmas_everyone.jpg

Last edited:
A little sad the board will revert back . . . it got me to thinking about the millions of people (some on this board recently) who say, "Why can't we have an honest discussion about race in our country?"

You've heard that from all sorts of people. Well there is a reason we can't discuss race . . . politics . . . religion . . . .sex . . . because nobody really wants an honest discussion about any subject that requires hard-truths mixed with open-mindedness. 95% of people look at reality as the enemy. Why do you think people are passionate about marijuana and alcohol and entertainment media? It's a way to be alive but not engaged with reality. The Cosmos is random and ever-changing and nothing terrifies people more than that. People want guarantees and unearned rewards. So we gave ourselves hospitals that perform miracles . . . welfare . . . food, shelter and clothing . . . chemical and electronic escapism . . . billions of different life forms on earth and these things are only available to us. AND ALL WE DO IS COMPLAIN. ALL WE DO IS FEEL SORRY FOR OURSELVES WHILE PRETENDING TO BE EMPATHIC SAINTS.

Try this. Go watch any non-human try to survive. It will **ck you up. It will shame you and amaze like nothing else ever will. The other creatures, they don't complain, they don't seek refuge in hallucinogens. They try harder and go thru more **it in one week than you and I will go thru in a lifetime. They dance on the razor's edge of death in a way no human has in 10,000 years. In my lifetime I have never experienced unprovoked aggression from any creature . . . with one exception. And that one exception has the smallest reason for aggression and yet delivers more of it in a single year than the entire resume of the dinosaurs over a 200 million year reign.

"I come here for sports, not politics" Okay, that's honest. But you and I know there is no refuge from politics ANYWHERE. Not in the workplace . . . not in school . . . not in church's, synagogues, mosques . . . not on the interwebs . . . not in the parks, playgrounds, campgrounds, theaters, stadiums and resorts . . . not among friends or lovers . . . it turns out we are not biological creatures, we have devolved into political creatures first, last and always. We are so removed from the harsh reality of nature that we can spend an entire lifetime screaming at each other and participating in narcissistic pursuits. Our grandparents lived thru a depression and fought a world war . . . the generations that came after had to invent drama so they could pretend they knew what suffering was. The 21st century was supposed to be better than the bloody stupidity of the 20th century. Has it been? NOPE! We're entering the new dark ages, for the same reason we entered the dark ages after the fall of the Roman empire. They got fat and lazy and couldn't fight off the barbarians . . . America got fat, lazy and stupid and didn't even try and fight off China . . . we just walked over and knocked on their door and said: "Here, we're too stupid and fat to get off the couch so we've decided to give this world to barbarian totalitarians."

Posterity will look back on us with more bewilderment and disgust than we look back on the Romans who pathetically squandered the accumulated achievements of thousands of years of upward climbing . . .

merry_christmas_everyone.jpg
The Christmas thing is a micro-agression. Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT