ADVERTISEMENT

For all of my "woke" white brethren, I share this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuco Salamanca

Athletic Director
Aug 18, 2016
Albuquerque
Meet Brandon Tatum
Brandon Tatum is a former Tucson Police Officer and served as the Director of Urban Outreach at Turning Point USA. He is the Founder and CEO of The Officer Tatum, LLC.
His open letter :
“Woke” white people, I’d like to ask you a favor:
Please stop asking for forgiveness for your “white privilege.”
You’re not fooling anybody. You’re not helping black people—or any other minority. And your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous. They make you look disingenuous, which is a really nice way of saying fake, phony, and fraudulent.
For starters, what is “white privilege” anyway? Because you were born with white skin, you have all these advantages that I don’t have?
Like what?
Like, you can get a mortgage loan that I can’t get?
Hmm. I got a loan—at a great rate, by the way—and I got the house. Why would a banker not give a loan to someone who met the loan requirements? He doesn’t want to make money? I’ve never heard of such a banker.
Or, how about this: You can enter a store and not be looked upon with suspicion, but I—a black person—cannot. Except...that has never happened to me.
But if I was a young dude with my pants hanging down to my butt, I could understand why a store owner would be concerned. I used to be a cop. Believe me, I understand. If I owned the store, I’d be tracking that kid, too—whether he was black, white, or anything else.
Or, what if I had a store that had a history of being shoplifted by young black women, and a young black woman with a bad attitude walked in. Would I be suspicious? Yeah, I would. Who wouldn’t?
I call that common sense, not bigotry.
But there’s another way of looking at this: In many ways, in today’s America, blacks have more privilege than whites. It’s been my experience that whites bend over backwards to give blacks every possible advantage.
If two people are equally qualified for a job, the black person will usually get it. Big companies and prestigious universities fall all over one another trying to sign up talented black people.
If you deny this, you are denying reality.
Which is what the person who dreamed up this whole thing did—a professor of women’s studies at Wellesley College by the name of Peggy McIntosh. She wrote an article in 1988 about all the “white privilege” she thought she had. She listed 46, including this one: “I can choose…bandages in ‘flesh’ color and have them more or less match my skin.” Wow, that’s some kind of privilege!
Soon others took up the cause.
Today, these so-called progressives dominate our colleges and universities, imposing this absurd notion of white privilege on their students. That’s too bad. Because it does nothing good for white students. And it does nothing good for black students. But of the two, ironically, the white students get the better of the deal.
Let me explain:
To acknowledge your white privilege is supposed to make you feel bad. Only it doesn’t. It makes you feel good because by acknowledging your white privilege, you’re declaring yourself to be enlightened. And as a virtue-bonus, it also makes you a better person than those whites who don’t acknowledge their privilege.
White privilege, which is supposed to make you feel bad, ends up making you feel good. Meanwhile, the real damage is to blacks. What makes whites feel good makes blacks angry.
More than 50 years after the start of the Civil Rights movement, the message is: “You’re still oppressed.” How can this not create a victim mentality? And anyone—of any color—who sees himself as a victim gets angry.
Now, I wouldn’t deny for a second that there are privileges in life. They’re all over the place. There’s two-parent family privilege (that’s huge); there’s being lucky to be born in America privilege; there’s good gene privilege. But white privilege? Doesn’t it depend on the person?
Let’s take this, for example: A black lawyer and his wife have a baby. And a meth addict, single white woman has a baby. Which kid has privilege? The white one? Because he’s white?
Come on now.
And here’s the kicker: Even if it were true—all those claims about white privilege, so what? Would it change a single thing I did? If white people apologize for being white, is that supposed to help me? In what way?
So, let’s be real: White privilege is an attempt by the left to divide Americans by race.
It’s all theory and all nonsense. If you want to fall for it, go ahead—it’s a free country. But don’t try to sell it to me.
I’m an American who deals with my fellow Americans one-on-one.
Try it. It works.
I’m Brandon Tatum for Prager University

***** I will not engage in or tolerate ANY negative comments. I will delete any comments in opposition.... this is offering a new and different perspective from a BLACK MAN... you will not change anyone’s heart by posting defensive opinions ******. There are A lot of people who need to hear this!!
*PS I told yeah there isn’t such a thing! It’s literally a divide and conquer tactic to make whites people feel guilty for the color of their skin! Stop with the racism! Let’s come together and love one another that’s what the establishment is really afraid of!
1f44f_1f3fc.png
1f44f_1f3fc.png
1f44f_1f3fc.png

Since HOL is going politics free starting tomorrow, I thought I would share this with all y'all.

Love yourself and each other. Peace.....football only from now on.....

(unless provoked, then I will defend myself)

Meet Brandon Tatum
Brandon Tatum is a former Tucson Police Officer and served as the Director of Urban Outreach at Turning Point USA. He is the Founder and CEO of The Officer Tatum, LLC.
His open letter :
You’re not fooling anybody. You’re not helping black people—or any other minority. And your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous. They make you look disingenuous, which is a really nice way of saying fake, phony, and fraudulent.
For starters, what is “white privilege” anyway? Because you were born with white skin, you have all these advantages that I don’t have?
Like what?
Hmm. I got a loan—at a great rate, by the way—and I got the house. Why would a banker not give a loan to someone who met the loan requirements? He doesn’t want to make money? I’ve never heard of such a banker.
Or, how about this: You can enter a store and not be looked upon with suspicion, but I—a black person—cannot. Except...that has never happened to me.
But if I was a young dude with my pants hanging down to my butt, I could understand why a store owner would be concerned. I used to be a cop. Believe me, I understand. If I owned the store, I’d be tracking that kid, too—whether he was black, white, or anything else.
Or, what if I had a store that had a history of being shoplifted by young black women, and a young black woman with a bad attitude walked in. Would I be suspicious? Yeah, I would. Who wouldn’t?
But there’s another way of looking at this: In many ways, in today’s America, blacks have more privilege than whites. It’s been my experience that whites bend over backwards to give blacks every possible advantage.
If two people are equally qualified for a job, the black person will usually get it. Big companies and prestigious universities fall all over one another trying to sign up talented black people.
Which is what the person who dreamed up this whole thing did—a professor of women’s studies at Wellesley College by the name of Peggy McIntosh. She wrote an article in 1988 about all the “white privilege” she thought she had. She listed 46, including this one: “I can choose…bandages in ‘flesh’ color and have them more or less match my skin.” Wow, that’s some kind of privilege!
Today, these so-called progressives dominate our colleges and universities, imposing this absurd notion of white privilege on their students. That’s too bad. Because it does nothing good for white students. And it does nothing good for black students. But of the two, ironically, the white students get the better of the deal.
Let me explain:
To acknowledge your white privilege is supposed to make you feel bad. Only it doesn’t. It makes you feel good because by acknowledging your white privilege, you’re declaring yourself to be enlightened. And as a virtue-bonus, it also makes you a better person than those whites who don’t acknowledge their privilege.
White privilege, which is supposed to make you feel bad, ends up making you feel good. Meanwhile, the real damage is to blacks. What makes whites feel good makes blacks angry.
More than 50 years after the start of the Civil Rights movement, the message is: “You’re still oppressed.” How can this not create a victim mentality? And anyone—of any color—who sees himself as a victim gets angry.
Now, I wouldn’t deny for a second that there are privileges in life. They’re all over the place. There’s two-parent family privilege (that’s huge); there’s being lucky to be born in America privilege; there’s good gene privilege. But white privilege? Doesn’t it depend on the person?
Let’s take this, for example: A black lawyer and his wife have a baby. And a meth addict, single white woman has a baby. Which kid has privilege? The white one? Because he’s white?
Come on now.
And here’s the kicker: Even if it were true—all those claims about white privilege, so what? Would it change a single thing I did? If white people apologize for being white, is that supposed to help me? In what way?
So, let’s be real: White privilege is an attempt by the left to divide Americans by race.
It’s all theory and all nonsense. If you want to fall for it, go ahead—it’s a free country. But don’t try to sell it to me.
Try it. It works.

***** I will not engage in or tolerate ANY negative comments. I will delete any comments in opposition.... this is offering a new and different perspective from a BLACK MAN... you will not change anyone’s heart by posting defensive opinions ******. There are A lot of people who need to hear this!!
*PS I told yeah there isn’t such a thing! It’s literally a divide and conquer tactic to make whites people feel guilty for the color of their skin! Stop with the racism! Let’s come together and love one another that’s what the establishment is really afraid of!
1f44f_1f3fc.png
1f44f_1f3fc.png
1f44f_1f3fc.png

Since HOL is going politics free starting tomorrow, I thought I would share this with all y'all.

The guy nailed it. End of discussion.

Well at least he is open minded enough to delete or disregard any commentary different than his opinion. Once I saw Prager University it all clicked. I’m going to forward to a few of my black friends. I’m sure they will get a good chuckle..

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Well at least he is open minded enough to delete or disregard any commentary different than his opinion. Once I saw Prager University it all clicked. I’m going to forward to a few of my black friends. I’m sure they will get a good chuckle..

It all clicked, like for the first time? Have you told your mom and dad already?!

A success story, his parents both went to college, his uncle was a NFL player. Played at Arizona, glad he’s using his voice and opinions.

But his voice is just that, his voice. Much like Trump doesn’t speak for and represent “white” America, this guy doesn’t speak for “black” America. The right is too hung up on one story discrediting the experience of many others.

Do people think a child born black, into poverty in the inner city has the same chance in life as a white kid born to a doctor growing up in top notch schools?

I’m not saying you have to feel guilty for it, or it’s your fault. But at least acknowledge there is a difference.

A success story, his parents both went to college, his uncle was a NFL player. Played at Arizona, glad he’s using his voice and opinions.

But his voice is just that, his voice. Much like Trump doesn’t speak for and represent “white” America, this guy doesn’t speak for “black” America. The right is too hung up on one story discrediting the experience of many others.

Do people think a child born black, into poverty in the inner city has the same chance in life as a white kid born to a doctor growing up in top notch schools?

I’m not saying you have to feel guilty for it, or it’s your fault. But at least acknowledge there is a difference.
You nailed it. This (the OP) is a classic deflection technique (cite the exception) to avoid real, hard conversations about racism. I’ve always thought phrases like “white privilege” were bunk but only because they sugarcoat shit. It was introduced 30 years ago (maybe longer?) in scholarly texts to make the conversation approachable. But now sensitive white people cant take that phrase either. Might as well call this board “The Bunker” because its where the overly sensitive go to hide from real conversations

Last edited:

So your whole argument is to take an example of what he wrote about being black and born into a stable family environment vs being born to a single white methhead and reversing it?

I will readily admit I do not feel guilty for being white. I had absolutely no control over that. Just like another person had no control of being born to a single black mom in the the inner cities. But I look at life like a poker tournament, we are dealt a hand, you play the hand and quit looking for people to "let you win" because you got shitty cards. Figure out a way to get out of your situation, or quit because you were dealt a shitty hand. Your choice.

I'm not telling you not to feel guilty. Just don't expect me to share your feelings.

There are poor white people all over the country. Some get out, some don't. But they don't all get out simply because they are white. If they get out, it is because the worked hard, or got lucky. Either way, it wasn't simply because of their privileged skin color.

Just seems like common sense to me.
Opportunity is there for black youth. They in some cases have more opportunity than white kids. IF you're black and want to go to an Ivy league school you go to the top of the list. IF you're poor and black, you go for free. MANY companies have affirmative action hiring practices that give jobs first to black applicants. When I applied to my professional program minorities went to the top of the list regardless of academic status. In the late 70s in Nebraska if you were black and wanted to go to medical school it was EXTREMELY easy to get in and very difficult to flunk out.

Make no mistake, the kind of behavior we saw from the looters and the amount of criminal activities inner city youths participate in makes it tough for all of them. At some point, we have to stop the cycle of violence in the inner city and IMO canning police departments is the absolute worst thing they could do. DOUBLE the number of cops on the streets in the areas that need it.

You nailed it. This (the OP) is a classic deflection technique (cite the exception) to avoid real, hard conversations about racism. I’ve always thought phrases like “white privilege” were bunk but only because they sugarcoat shit. It was introduced 30 years ago (maybe longer?) in scholarly texts to make the conversation approachable. But now sensitive white people cant take that phrase either. Might as well call this board “The Bunker” because its where the overly sensitive go to hide from real conversations

You don't want to have real conversations bother. You just want people to say you are right and believe the way you believe. The fact that there are African Americans who don't want to be victims for some reason upsets you.

Your response is racist, and you can’t even tell, none of “you people” can. A “success story?” Why, because he’s black and educated and successful? Because he lived his life a certain way which resulted in him not fitting nicely into the narrative that libs can’t wait to soak up? What is the “success” precisely? It’s just his story, his experience, and his opinion, which makes way too much sense for the libs. And your example is exactly the example he used to make his point, only you missed it.

“The right is too hung up on one story discrediting the experience of many others.”
One story? Turn on something other your all mighty lord and savior known as MSNBC. And the only reason anyone even feels it necessary to say anything is because all we have to listen to day in and day out how no black man can live a happy life in the US because of the rampant racism.

Meet Brandon Tatum
His open letter :
Like what?
Let me explain:
Come on now.
Try it. It works.

1f44f_1f3fc.png
1f44f_1f3fc.png
1f44f_1f3fc.png

Common sense is very refreshing. Thanks for posting Tuco.

I’m your huckleberry. I do notice you and your people like to say “deflection” whenever you don’t like a fact or opinion not in line with yours. You might be a tad sensitive white boy. Let’s discuss the “real, hard conversations.” I mean, it’s you woke hard white folk that this singular “successful” black man was calling out, so enlighten the black man and myself.

Common sense is very refreshing. Thanks for posting Tuco.

I love how people like you love black people who suck up to white people & are married to a white person. It's becoming very very clear people like you wont ever accept racism.

By the way Candace Owens & Brandon hate their own people! No one in the black community gives a damn about them.

Comments like yours are telling

You don't want to have real conversations bother. You just want people to say you are right and believe the way you believe. The fact that there are African Americans who don't want to be victims for some reason upsets you.

The fact you think black people wants to be victims shows you are a pathetic racist. Victims? Nice virtual signaling

Good post Tuco. I think there are many opportunities for poor people to get education, get some assistance with housing and food and so forth. They can join the service and Break Free from their poor upbringing. At some point, poor people will have to also take some responsibility for poor cultural choices and values that are ultimately harmful to themselves and the community.

The problems aren't entirely financial. They also have to do with the condition of the heart. Poor have always been Among Us and always will be. We'll continue to make opportunities for those who want to get out. Not saying it's easy but it's possible

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I love how people like you love black people who suck up to white people & are married to a white person. It's becoming very very clear people like you wont ever accept racism.

By the way Candace Owens & Brandon hate their own people! No one in the black community gives a damn about them.

Hey, it’s the racist Rob Parker! You ❤️ RP!

“wants to be victims” wat kind of English is that.Winking

The ones white people like you don't get. I am a black person. Candace Owens & especially Brandon Johnson hates his own people. If you think he speaks for black people, you are delusional.

I dare you to go say to a black person, they have a victim mentality

Reactions: ATLsker
They can chuckle, but in 50 years it will be their kids complaining about the same things they are today, that their parents complained about 50 years before. Similar actions yield similar results.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The ones white people like you don't get. I am a black person. Candace Owens & especially Brandon Johnson hates his own people. If you think he speaks for black people, you are delusional.

You're quite hostile...

I have these conversations everyday with people of color. I know exactly where they stand and what their responses would be.

Yeah I am sure you do. You wouldn't be lying at all. Not in a million years would you say this to a black person that they have a victim mentality. You would be surprised by the reaction

I don’t give a crap about either one, just like you..

Candace Owens is desperately trying to help the black community. The first problem she always points to is absentee fathers. And you don’t want to hear it. She is taking principles from the Jewish playbook (you know, folks that have seen their fair share of persecution and still kick everyone’s ass).

Most times in life, the person who cares for you is the one who takes the drugs away from the addict, not the one who provides them all they want.

Yeah I am sure you do. You wouldn't be lying at all. Not in a million years would you say this to a black person that they have a victim mentality. You would be surprised by the reaction

What you fail to realize is that the person I was writing to is a white dude from central Nebraska. It is he who sees the African American people as victims.

He claims to want to have real conversations about race, but he doesn't, he just wants everyone to believe that every African American is somehow a victim.

So again I will say..... nice try.

Candace Owens is desperately trying to help the black community. The first problem she always points to is absentee fathers. And you don’t want to hear it. She is taking principles from the Jewish playbook (you know, folks that have seen their fair share of persecution and still kick everyone’s ass).

Most times in life, the person who cares for you is the one who takes the drugs away from the addict, not the one who provides them all they need.

It's people like you who think black people have absentees father. She is the scum of the earth & sorry excuse for a human being. Garbage person who is hated by 99 percent of black people

Reactions: buffpride1

How do they hate their own people? Funny, iI didn’t know his guy was married to a white woman, until you brought it up. Why does that bother you? Are you a “success story?” Tell jmliehr (does he) speak for you? He seems pretty woke.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
What you fail to realize is that the person I was writing to is a white dude from central Nebraska. It is he who sees the African American people as victims.

He claims to want to have real conversations about race, but he doesn't, he just wants everyone to believe that every African American is somehow a victim.

So again I will say..... nice try.

Then I apologize

Candace Owens is not a "moderate" voice of the black community who "presents fair points." She distorts her own experiences in order to solely place blame on the black community, in a way fragile, at best, and racist, at worst, people feel validated by. She literally profits off of an almost entirely white following, because it makes them feel like she is a valid substitute for their non-existent black family members, friends, or colleagues.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtm...ran-a-trump-bashing?__twitter_impression=true

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT