ADVERTISEMENT

Football Prediction

Yes really. Until Frost shows us anything beyond recruiting and words I will remain a skeptic. I desperately want us to win this Saturday. But Frost’s teams always self destruct in games like this. Maybe Martinez can run out of bounds again when we are trying to run out the clock with 50 seconds left in a game. Or maybe Frost can get us another delay of game penalty coming after a five minute commercial break.

Going into this game I was initially picking northwestern, but with Omar Manning back, I think if he plays well I’ll pick Nebraska instead.
NU- 28
NW- 24

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
Yes really. Until Frost shows us anything beyond recruiting and words I will remain a skeptic. I desperately want us to win this Saturday. But Frost’s teams always self destruct in games like this. Maybe Martinez can run out of bounds again when we are trying to run out the clock with 50 seconds left in a game. Or maybe Frost can get us another delay of game penalty coming after a five minute commercial break.
The question is will our luck ever change? or you thinking like some the frost isn’t getting it done? To me it’s like Charlie Brown is finally going to kick that football and the last second Lucy pulls it away. We are so freaking snake bit frost can’t catch any type of break

The question is will our luck ever change? or you thinking like some the frost isn’t getting it done? To me it’s like Charlie Brown is finally going to kick that football and the last second Lucy pulls it away. We are so freaking snake bit frost can’t catch any type of break
I think our teams of the last 15+ years play tight. They feel the weight of expectations. They want to live up to the past greatness. In a way, I'm jealous of Iowa because they have no such demands internally or externally.

I’ve seen nothing from Frost and staff to make me think we win this game. Nothing would make me happier than to beat NW but I have been burned too many times under Frost and Riley.

I hate this, but I get it. It appears we're getting more stout in the trenches, but I don't expect us to outcoach many. NW 30 NU 27

Fair enough, and I agree, but our players were violent and more physical, from my eyes, than the best team in the B1G. I believe the culture is changing and we need to see it against a solid team.

Nebraska 17
Northwestern 13

I like our chances. I think we are better at QB, RB, TE, OLine. I’ll call receivers a wash. I think we are better in the d-line and secondary or at least more talented. The only place I’d give them a clear edge is at LB. I think we are angry and will be the more physical team. 31-17 good guys.

Huskers 34
Cats 17

We are gonna take a big step forward this week. Coach Frost is gonna have the team playing with a chip on their shoulders...sort of like Bo’s best teams, but the anger will be directed at the rest of the conference instead of the university and it’s fans.

Reactions: scarletred
I think our luck will eventually change. But until it does I will continue to be a pessimist.

I’ve seen nothing from Frost and staff to make me think we win this game. Nothing would make me happier than to beat NW but I have been burned too many times under Frost and Riley.

Eventually this team needs to overcome it self and I get the past few years we find more ways to lose games than win them..

Last season we had chances in the Iowa, Purdue and Indiana games winning them only to have let them slip through on fingers..

Running out of bounds and not running out the clock.Having 1st and goal on the 2 yard line getting procedure calls on the worst time during the game.Even Vedral last year fumbling on a drive and almost returned for a TD leading 14-9 was a huge turning point in the Indiana game..

One thing in our favor is that I think it is a myth that Northwestern doesn’t beat itself, doesn’t make mistakes. They had three turnovers against Iowa and 2 of those happened in the first quarter which gave Iowa their early 14-0 lead.
I can go along with that. I think their style allows them to keep games competitive and not get into blowouts, in general. Hopefully we play opportunistic and take a few from them.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
One thing in our favor is that I think it is a myth that Northwestern doesn’t beat itself, doesn’t make mistakes. They had three turnovers against Iowa and 2 of those happened in the first quarter which gave Iowa their early 14-0 lead.
They're certainly not immune to turnovers, but they tend not to be otherwise sloppy or commit a lot of dumb penalties.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Fair enough, and I agree, but our players were violent and more physical, from my eyes, than the best team in the B1G. I believe the culture is changing and we need to see it against a solid team.

Nebraska 17
Northwestern 13
I will be so disappointed if we only get 17. We can win the game and it will still be a let down

whats your thoughts on BDS football team? You think they’ll win state?
Unfortunately no.... They had one of their starters get injured with an ACL injury. Mick from Shickley. They might struggle with Kenesaw without him.

Just got home and saw that they didn't struggle as much as I thought they would without him.... I still don't think that they have all the 'pieces' to win it all this year. Stout line for sure!

Last edited:
Do you honestly think Neb’s performance in close games has to with luck. PennsyHusker provided a great example from last year’s Iowa game. QB doesn’t run out of bounds we go to OT with momentum. Nebraska simple has to play disciplined and get out of its own way. It’s like Charlie Brown missing the football completely. Nothing to do with Lucy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT