ADVERTISEMENT

Final 17th on Rivals and 19th on 247.

Occasional 4* sprinkles? You need to learn what the words occasional and sprinkles mean.
9781889539003_l.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Boilers, Badgers or PItt? What are your chances?
Couple weeks ago, they said Pitt led, but now they think Purdue, along with that WR from cincy. Walters is recruiting at a higher level than Brohm never sniffed.

Reactions: 9and4
it’s hilarious that you would put an asterisk next to Mickey Joseph … interim head coach working with an absolute dumpster fire and coaching for the head coach job. I don’t see how it’s intellectually dishonest to mention him. You had everything to play for - Senior Night, at Home for a trip to Indy and Joseph curbstomped your team. But yeah, let’s gloss over it.

Also - I find it odd that you would openly advertise SW Iowa in your name.
Curb stomped? More intellectual dishonesty.

I do think Mickey did a pretty good job. If Thompson didn’t miss a few games, Nebraska probably goes bowling, if I remember correctly. The point was, he wasn’t getting the head coach job whether he won or lost that game.

Truth of the matter is that through all these coaches we’ve had better recruiting than most of the teams we’ve lost to in our division and we certainly had enough talent to win a lot more football games than we did.

I’m not going to bash a coach because he has a top 12 class or a top 30 class. There’s a lot of way to put together solid football teams that you can be proud of on the field.

Now when that coach starts winning 8-9-10 games a year and is looking to knock off the big boys in CFB then he’s going to need to up the recruiting rankings if the statistics tell us anything, but then again we should have the progress to get some of the really top end guys in the boat.

Even Bo had like a top 15 class if I remember and he was a not so enthusiastic recruiter. The only time I remember being concerned was towards the end of his career where we were turning over chairs looking for D1 caliber back up plans.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

I do think Mickey did a pretty good job. If Thompson didn’t miss a few games, Nebraska probably goes bowling, if I remember correctly. The point was, he wasn’t getting the head coach job whether he won or lost that game.
True - good point - we did not literally curb-stomp the hawks. Mickey wasn’t getting the job but at the time he didn’t know that and was coaching for the role. With that said - why I said it was a beat down wasn’t because of the score. It was because you guys all hate the Huskers, had a chance at Indy, senior night and you lost to a team with a notable win of Rutgers up to that point and an interim head coach and a DC that was promoted a few games before. I’m sure Kirk and Phil thought it was a beat down. Get used to it … it’s coming this year too.

True - good point - we did not literally curb-stomp the hawks. Mickey wasn’t getting the job but at the time he didn’t know that and was coaching for the role. With that said - why I said it was a beat down wasn’t because of the score. It was because you guys all hate the Huskers, had a chance at Indy, senior night and you lost to a team with a notable win of Rutgers up to that point and an interim head coach and a DC that was promoted a few games before. I’m sure Kirk and Phil thought it was a beat down. Get used to it … it’s coming this year too.
The difference in that game was QB play … both coaches went to the portal to upgrade the position. Will have to wait to see which coach did a better job

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I know some of you won’t want to hear it but this class looks a lot like Iowa’s recruiting. Early commits from solid three star local athletes. A high rating early on, but once the perennial powers start filling out their classes, that rating will drop.

It’s not a bad formula. It’s different for Nebraska. You aren’t going to have high ceiling guys but you will probably get guys who are willing to buy into the system as long as Rhule can develop them. I think it’s a really good thing.

Really, the only concern I see, is Rhule is really making speed the main factor on a lot of these recruits, which probably worked well in the B12, but I’m not sure that’s going to work quite as well in the B10 where most teams are large and will have really solid line play and pro style game plans.
i think its a great strategy to build culture first year. will be cool to have an offense led by in state prospects. hasnt been the case since solich.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and Laner2
I am and will always be a stars matter guy. With that said, Rhule has a plan to recruit a specific body type and speed. He has had success at Temple and Baylor doing this same thing. His 3 classes at Baylor were all 30th or worse and he was able to get those recruits to play for a Big 12 title in his 3rd year. Until it is proven that this particular plan won't work again, I will support what he does in recruiting.

I am and will always be a stars matter guy. With that said, Rhule has a plan to recruit a specific body type and speed. He has had success at Temple and Baylor doing this same thing. His 3 classes at Baylor were all 30th or worse and he was able to get those recruits to play for a Big 12 title in his 3rd year. Until it is proven that this particular plan won't work again, I will support what he does in recruiting.
Simply mind-blowing. We are coming off how many losing seasons and no bowl games? 6 or 7? And we have bitches crying we are 4th in the Big 10 behind 3 big hitters. 14th in the Nation. And we have some whining still? So, lame.:mad:

Last edited:
Simply mind-blowing. We are coming off how many losing seasons and no bowl games? 6 or 7? And we have bitches crying we are 4th in the Big 10 behind 3 big hitters and 14th in the Nation. And we have some whining still? So, lame.:mad:
Don't get me wrong HBK, this class is filling up and is going to start to go the other direction pretty soon, when some of the remaining heavy hitters start to get their classes filled up.
Right now, we are kind of like the 2016 Mike Riley lead Huskers, 7-0 and ranked 7th but when the season ended we were closer to 25th or receiving votes. And I am fine with that for this season.

Don't get me wrong HBK, this class is filling up and is going to start to go the other direction pretty soon, when some of the remaining heavy hitters start to get their classes filled up.
Right now, we are kind of like the 2016 Mike Riley lead Huskers, 7-0 and ranked 7th but when the season ended we were closer to 25th or receiving votes. And I am fine with that for this season.
That wasn't directed at you. I agree with your post. That was for 19football19 and a few that are acting like we should be recruiting with Bama and Georgia for all the 5 stars. :rolleyes: Rhule has gone above and beyond my expectations for recruiting so far. Locked down most of all the top talent N state.

That wasn't directed at you. I agree with your post. That was for 19football19 and a few that are acting like we should be recruiting with Bama and Georgia for all the 5 stars. :rolleyes: Rhule has gone above and beyond my expectations for recruiting so far. Locked down most of all the top talent N state.
I am with you 100. I knew it was directed at him. There will be a few players that get bumps and a few that remain where they are or fall a bit, based on their 2023 seasons. But we are probably as high in these ratings as we will be for 2024 class. If this class ends up anywhere from 20-28, it will be better than I expected, based solely on how Rhule has recruited in the past.

I am with you 100. I knew it was directed at him. There will be a few players that get bumps and a few that remain where they are or fall a bit, based on their 2023 seasons. But we are probably as high in these ratings as we will be for 2024 class. If this class ends up anywhere from 20-28, it will be better than I expected, based solely on how Rhule has recruited in the past.
I'll keep this bumped till signing day. If we close the way I think we close, I'm saying top 15 at best. Top 20 worst. Cheers.

Probably won't stay in the top 20, but it's a decent class. Want to see improvement next cycle, and doing good on the field will help. Still want to see the avg above 3.0

I mean, you realize NU could have picked the score, right?

No one on that Iowa team could cover the NU WR's. Your coach, in an effort to try and take some heat off his kid made the Iowa QB fake an injury so that they backup could maybe do something.

If NU kept passed the ball 45 times instead of 30, they would have ended up with 500 yards passing and 50 points. But there was no need, that game was over after the first quarter.

Nebraska likely will slip as the year goes on - we are a little inflated by having more commits than other teams. Doesn't mean I don't like the class but just a heads up for ppl who don't know how that works.

Any idea how many more we will take? We have a small SR class right now so I can't imagine taking more than 4 more.

will be cool to have an offense led by in state prospects. hasnt been the case since solich.
Correct. In addition:

1997 Nebraska Offensive Starters in Orange Bowl

OT — Eric Anderson (Nebraska)
OT — Fred Pollack (Nebraska)
OG — Jon Zatechka (Nebraska)
OG — Aaron Graham (Texas)
C — Josh Heskew (Oklahoma)
TE — Tim Carpenter (Nebraska)
SE — Jeff Lake (Nebraska)
WB — Lance Brown (Nebraska)
FB — Joel Makovicka (Nebraska)
IB — Ahman Green (Nebraska)
QB — Scott Frost (Nebraska)

Other Nebraskans who played key roles on offense:
SE Matt Davison, OG Ben Gessford, FB Billy Legate.

Yes. He has already proven Two things: he can develop guys into players and he can coach. He has proven this at lower level schools and has never had a school like Nebraska to call home. I'm extremely excited to see the program in 5 years.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This class and his classes in the past have been very intentional understanding he isn’t going to get a majority of 4-5* guys. Make no mistake our class would be all 4-5* recruits if that was achievable.

I like this class a lot and these will hopefully serve as a spring board to higher profile classes in the future. We need to close the gap from being amongst the also rans (we have been near the bottom of this group) to the Michigan - OSU - PSU - USC group - these classes hopefully fill that need and then start competing with elite teams

During the Frost regime, NU had a class team ranks of 21, 15, 17, 18 and 41 per Rivals, but could do nothing with the talent. Thus far, Rhule is recruiting at about the same clip. Will he be able to produce a better product on the field.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT