ADVERTISEMENT

Final 17th on Rivals and 19th on 247.

We are #27 like Minnesota is #10. Quantity vs quality. You’ve got schools like aTm, OU, Auburn, and Texas that are low rate now because they haven’t taken in a lot of commits but their average is high. Really can’t look at rankings this early in cause quantity trumps quality.

This will likely be our lowest ranked class on rivals or near it. And that’s ok. This is how Rhule recruits. He goes after the top end guys(top 100 / 250) and overlooked guys. He needs to produce on the field for the top 100 guys.

If your a star gazer, Rhule is going to leave you with a lot of concern. And if he doesn’t win early, there won’t be a lot to cheer about early. Sorry, moral might get worse before it gets better

We are #27 like Minnesota is #10. Quantity vs quality. You’ve got schools like aTm, OU, Auburn, and Texas that are low rate now because they haven’t taken in a lot of commits but their average is high. Really can’t look at rankings this early in cause quantity trumps quality.

This will likely be our lowest ranked class on rivals or near it. And that’s ok. This is how Rhule recruits. He goes after the top end guys(top 100 / 250) and overlooked guys. He needs to produce on the field for the top 100 guys.

If your a star gazer, Rhule is going to leave you with a lot of concern. And if he doesn’t win early, there won’t be a lot to cheer about early. Sorry, moral might get worse before it gets better
Possible. However bone head mistakes and piss pour culture cost us several games. I don't see that continuing

I just want to see development. Take a 3 and turn him into a 4 or 5. Instead of taking a 4 star stud like Wandale and running him off to Kentucky.

If you’re a star gazer, Rhule is going to leave you with a lot of concern. And if he doesn’t win early, there won’t be a lot to cheer about early. Sorry, moral might get worse before it gets better
Agree. Rhule typically hasn’t had a strong year 1. I’m just hoping for 6 because…damn, I want to go to a bowl game.

yep ^^^ well-said.

Am sure a lot here will continue being content with moral victories :) Or at least have a coach they can feel better about...

Yeah, not seeing where all the hype is comin from yet, regarding recruiting. Any bowl this year would be a MONUMENTAL victory.

See how the tone changes in here when we start 0-2... and I'll GLADLY eat a pile of proverbial shit when this team proves otherwise. Begging to be proven wrong, just not seeing it like the rest of y'all are.

Last edited:
yep ^^^ well-said.

Am sure a lot here will continue being content with moral victories :) Or at least have a coach they can feel better about...

Yeah, not seeing where all the hype is comin from yet, regarding recruiting. Any bowl this year would be a MONUMENTAL victory.

See how the tone changes in here when we start 0-2... and I'll GLADLY eat a pile of proverbial shit when this team proves otherwise. Begging to be proven wrong, just not seeing it like the rest of y'all are.
It's June..... On the flip side I don't understand the angst yet either.

It's June..... On the flip side I don't understand the angst yet either.
valid. There's been no metric of success vs. failure.... aside our recruiting class thus far.

Everyone should feel pretty beaten down by now about our team just based on the last, ya know, 20 years. Especially since f'ing Riley. It's like someone really WANTED us to be bad. I'll be optimistic once there's cause for optimism. We start 2-0, may actually come and use my tickets for a non-con game. We're a few standard deviations away from competing w/ Michigan.

Reactions: c3o and pascal
I like the fact they see these kids at a camp in person and then offer on how they measure and perform. Many of these kids lie about height, weight, 40, etc. I'll trust the coaching staff over a bunch of recruiting "gurus" looking to sell subscriptions to their sites.
But that's kinda why Iowa and Wisconsin actually beat us in recruiting.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
valid. There's been no metric of success vs. failure.... aside our recruiting class thus far.

Everyone should feel pretty beaten down by now about our team just based on the last, ya know, 20 years. Especially since f'ing Riley. It's like someone really WANTED us to be bad. I'll be optimistic once there's cause for optimism. We start 2-0, may actually come and use my tickets for a non-con game. We're a few standard deviations away from competing w/ Michigan.
My thinking is that Rhule's slow first years at Baylor and Temple were with rosters that did not have the talent he's starting with at NU. Granted the B1G is a better conference with better foes than Baylor and Temple were in, but the last few years NU lost a stupid number of games with the most abysmal coaching possible. That talent combined with competent coaching converts those close games to wins in year one.

I wonder how much we're going to oversign by. Seems this staff will get in lots of numbers and has no problem telling kids they aren't good enough to be on the team and they should find another school.

Gotta love the cry baby rivals star gazers…Common theme in this class is speed and nasty lineman with a mean streak. Nothing I see to dislike, period…carry on M.R.
Kids with higher Ranked Talent generally are faster, bigger and often meaner, right? Not necessarily smarter or more dedicated to improving, at all. Stars aren’t be-all-end-all, but please… name us a BETTER metric for speed and just overall innate ability?

I get that Winning draws Talent. Am ONLY pointing out that it doesn’t feel or really look much different than recent years past.

Last edited:
That was coming out of JUCO.
That makes even less sense. He had 10 tds and averaged 7.1 yards per carry his first year at Juco. As a former FSU kick returner who played in every game his freshman year. How could someone not rank him?

whose this “Parker” guy and is he one of the dumbest people on the planet?

“15/28 signees from last year's '23 HS/JUCO class were unranked recruits OR only ranked by 1 recruiting service (no composite) at this point during the recruiting cycle. Eight out of those 15 had other P5 offers/visits”

1) is this supposed to make us feel better

2) does he realize almost all of those “15 unranked signees” were Rhule’s recruits, and Rhule’s guys only? Didn’t come from frost or Mickey. I mean I don’t see how that’s supposed to make me feel better. Like it kind of adds to peoples concern.seems a lot like sunshine pumping. no recruit from last year has proven anything yet so there’s no credit given. Sorry

Then he points to how Anthony Grant wasn’t ranked this time in 21. He was a JUCO. Most people hadn’t rated Juco’s yet!!! Anthony Grant wasn’t an “under the radar guy”. He has a crap ton of P5 offers out of HS and went to Florida State for F sake

This Parker guy is typical todays media. Pushing an agenda instead of properly reporting the facts in correct context. And I’m not knocking Rhule’s methods. My rant has nothing to do with Rhule but rather the dishonesty that people tell in the media. GTFO with that BS

whose this “Parker” guy and is he one of the dumbest people on the planet?

“15/28 signees from last year's '23 HS/JUCO class were unranked recruits OR only ranked by 1 recruiting service (no composite) at this point during the recruiting cycle. Eight out of those 15 had other P5 offers/visits”

1) is this supposed to make us feel better

2) does he realize almost all of those “15 unranked signees” were Rhule’s recruits, and Rhule’s guys only? Didn’t come from frost or Mickey. I mean I don’t see how that’s supposed to make me feel better. Like it kind of adds to peoples concern.seems a lot like sunshine pumping. no recruit from last year has proven anything yet so there’s no credit given. Sorry

Then he points to how Anthony Grant wasn’t ranked this time in 21. He was a JUCO. Most people hadn’t rated Juco’s yet!!! Anthony Grant wasn’t an “under the radar guy”. He has a crap ton of P5 offers out of HS and went to Florida State for F sake

This Parker guy is typical todays media. Pushing an agenda instead of properly reporting the facts in correct context. And I’m not knocking Rhule’s methods. My rant has nothing to do with Rhule but rather the dishonesty that people tell in the media. GTFO with that BS

Why do these facts make you so angry? I think this just shows it is very early in the cycle and a lot of these guys will most likely end up with good offers and solid rankings by signing day.

To me most of the wait and see guys are just gun shy from being optimistic in the past. I am sure they were the ones telling everyone how Frost was going to kick ass at Nebraska.

I like Rhule's approach. He is clearly a builder at the collegiate level, there is a plan and a blueprint for success. That just isn't something that Nebraska has seen in a long ass time.

Why do these facts make you so angry? I think this just shows it is very early in the cycle and a lot of these guys will most likely end up with good offers and solid rankings by signing day.
It’s half truths. It creates a false narrative

Fun fact- UGA currently sits #1, was #2 in 2023, and #3 2022. And none of those recruits were ranked by any of the recruiting sites 10 years ago.

Rivals didn’t rank any of our 94 or 95 players 4 or 5 stars out of HS

Fun fact- UGA currently sits #1, was #2 in 2023, and #3 2022. And none of those recruits were ranked by any of the recruiting sites 10 years ago.
8b41ec3461d30cff925b7f300a0be64bd33389d8.gif

Headcard, I don’t mean to blow up on you. You’ve always had a massive heart and a want for Husker football. Those tweets just struck a nerve. Not at you. Sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I just wish people would say it like it is. Rhule does. He doesn’t BS it. I’ve been on this site way too Dam long. Rhule’s recruits have a nose for the ball, athletic as hell, but at times ugly as hell in technique. Hence the low rating, guys on recruiting sites sure can’t see the potential . A genius can and can fix that. A lot of guys that end up all-pro were like that in HS. Let’s hope we got ourselves a genius. It’s all we can roll with right now.

Rhule has a method. Let’s roll and see how it turns out. It’s something new. Keep it interesting for now at least. Just don’t sugar coat

I just wish people would say it like it is. Rhule does. He doesn’t BS it. I’ve been on this site way too Dam long. Rhule’s recruits have a nose for the ball, athletic as hell, but at times ugly as hell in technique. Hence the low rating, guys on recruiting sites sure can’t see the potential . A genius can and can fix that. A lot of guys that end up all-pro were like that in HS. Let’s hope we got ourselves a genius. It’s all we can roll with right now.

Rhule has a method. Let’s roll and see how it turns out. It’s something new. Keep it interesting for now at least. Just don’t sugar coat
Haha geezus

Reactions: headcard

I just wish people would look at the final rankings in February to evaluate the class, after signing day, and not in June.

Oh wait, that is what that Parker dude did, but you didn't like that because it was full of half truths.

Rivals didn’t rank any of our 94 or 95 players 4 or 5 stars out of HS

You don’t think where players we signed were ranked this time last year or the year before is an apples to apples comparison?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT