ADVERTISEMENT

Final 17th on Rivals and 19th on 247.

Dude I don't think you know what you're talking about. I live on the east coast and have Husker paraphernalia all outside my house and car. You'd be surprised how many people recognize the giant red N. I don't even count how many random people, who hace come up to me to talk Husker football. The name and brand recognition is still there. Maybe move out of your moms basement and you would see just how wrong you are.
Yup. I make it a point to wear my Red N baseball cap on vacations all around the world. I always get at least one Go Big Red everywhere.

• 9th on 247!!
    Nebraska

Nebraska

• 22 Commits

I don't care for pissing matches but there are legitimate reasons for Nebraska fans to be excited. Rhule and his staff came in and in a short period of time, did a pretty good job with additions via the transfer portals. They managed to land the top player in the state 2 years in a row. They've reopened the pipeline to Texas. Based on comments by Texas high school coaches and recruits, it's obvious that Rhule and his staff are very well respected down there. If the Huskers are successful on the field, more of those top rated Texas players will probably give Nebraska a hard look due to both an ascending program and that positive coaching reputation.

The staff is doing exactly what they said they were going to do when they were hired. For me, that's super encouraging. I'm someone who was skeptical of the Rhule hire from a recruiting standpoint but I'm glad he's making me look dumb. They're adding mixes of high level prospects as well as guys with obvious NFL measurables. Now the key is to win on the field and develop these recruits and current players into the best players they can be. Get Nebraska back to playing relevant football.

Dude I don't think you know what you're talking about. I live on the east coast and have Husker paraphernalia all outside my house and car. You'd be surprised how many people recognize the giant red N. I can't even count how many random people that who have come up to me to talk Husker football. The name and brand recognition is still there. Maybe move out of your moms basement and you would see just how wrong you are.
Generally true.

But once at a restaurant here in Baltimore, the server saw the red "N" on my hat and said that she, too, loved being a Northeastern Husky.

Generally true.

But once at a restaurant here in Baltimore, the server saw the red "N" on my hat and said that she, too, loved being a Northeastern Husky.
I wish I could say that hasn't happened to me as well unfortunately. Weirdly enough it was in a gym in Maryland lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9and4
I wish I could say that hasn't happened to me as well unfortunately. Weirdly enough it was in a gym in Maryland lol
The good thing is, with the new schedule, we should get an East Coast game three out of every four years (Rutgers, Maryland, PSU).

If the Big Ten ever considers PSU a Nebraska rival, it would be four games in four years.

Generally true.

Not as bad as a California girl I was trying to pick up in a bar. I told her I was from Nebraska and she wanted to know whether the town of Nebraska is in the state of Wisconsin.

I don't care for pissing matches but there are legitimate reasons for Nebraska fans to be excited. Rhule and his staff came in and in a short period of time, did a pretty good job with additions via the transfer portals. They managed to land the top player in the state 2 years in a row. They've reopened the pipeline to Texas. Based on comments by Texas high school coaches and recruits, it's obvious that Rhule and his staff are very well respected down there. If the Huskers are successful on the field, more of those top rated Texas players will probably give Nebraska a hard look due to both an ascending program and that positive coaching reputation.

The staff is doing exactly what they said they were going to do when they were hired. For me, that's super encouraging. I'm someone who was skeptical of the Rhule hire from a recruiting standpoint but I'm glad he's making me look dumb. They're adding mixes of high level prospects as well as guys with obvious NFL measurables. Now the key is to win on the field and develop these recruits and current players into the best players they can be. Get Nebraska back to playing relevant football.
Not to mention how Rhule was able to retain most of the team from going to the portal as well. Commendable for making what could be called "Frost's guys@ and making them his guys.

Especially impressive with his touch of culture building coming into it when he was adamant about wanting only players who actually want to be here. Apparently most of the team wants to be here - now that it's being ran by adults.

Yeah pretty funny reading @Tetonia & @19Football19 posts.. what 🤡s
Hey!! Am happy to see some fired-up recruits, and who doesn’t love a little excitement within the fan base… it’s just not a champion-caliber haul. And no one here is saying that or much less even expected that - it’s a good start toward some more W’s, but no one should be buying up BiG championship tickets just yet, lol.

Rhule & Co to be fair has been standard deviations more engaging on the recruiting trail than his last two predecessors, and that’s been refreshing to see. Will still withhold judgement. Winning record after the Michigan game would still be a great start, IMHO…

it’s a good start toward some more W’s, but no one should be buying up BiG championship tickets just yet, lol.
I don't think anybody is buying up tickets at this time. Most of us are in wait to see mode, so I'm not sure why you are laughing out loud? Not sure what is funny?

Reactions: Truewooper
I don't think anybody is buying up tickets at this time. Most of us are in wait to see mode, so I'm not sure why you are laughing out loud? Not sure what is funny?
@ TampaBay made fun of me and hurt by feelings. Was only IDENTIFYING as a pessimist. The ‘lol’ was a simple defense mechanism… my therapist tells me it’s pretty healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
Those concerned about recruiting so far (somewhat valid) need to remember that Rhule told us it would be this way. I am surprised that some are surprised by his approach even though it’s what he told us it would be.
Armchair quarterbacks find fault everywhere they look. I call them ‘wear-me-outs’ and wish they’d stfu.

No statues built for the critics.

I'm not going to read through 7 pages, but I hope somewhere, someone enlightened everyone else, by pointing out that if you click on the important part, player average, you see the ranking plummets from 13th to 55th.

• Wow
Reactions: HBK4life
I'm not going to read through 7 pages, but I hope somewhere, someone enlightened everyone else, by pointing out that if you click on the important part, player average, you see the ranking plummets from 13th to 55th.
Nope, thanks for your input.

Also, the average recruit rating on 247 has been between 85.96 and 87.89 since Nebraska joined the Big Ten. Currently 87.1. I would assume that the average recruit rankings would have been similar as compared to the past 12 years.

Last edited:

It’s actually not the “important part”. There is a reason sites only rank your top X recruits in the team rankings. On3 only uses 12 in June, Rivals uses 20.

Many recruits haven’t been rated yet and many of their ratings aren’t stabilized and yet. And just like having a larger class can help your overall rating to a degree, having a small group can help your average rating if you have a couple high rated guys. Look at UCF with their 6 commits or Missouri with 4, I don’t think we would want to trade places with either of them, despite their average star rating.

Last few coaches would go for top recruits and often end up whiffing, leaving us chasing for players late. Will be interesting to see what it's like to have a mostly full class before the season.

And isn't the only time coaches pull offers is when the player does something dumb or get seriously injured?

Oh god.. look at this loser. Go have a circlejerk with @Tetonia and @19Football19
HEY!! Cut that shit out. We’ve always been allies.
THAT SAID, y’all know I t’ll equilibrate some. 2023 Class. Can’t not, just Math. Others have a lot more to add than we do. It’s hard having been conditioned by years of sub-mediocrity. The fact our last couple regimes lost so much true talent from just a toxic atmosphere isn’t lost on me… seems the new regime may be more motivated.

All that said… who doesn’t miss Bo ‘bout now? They’re similar in their passion. Rhule’s faults will only come out when we start stacking up against the attrition of Competition. Hasn’t had it yet. Y’all are still basking in the afterglow of Change. I’ll still opine anyone thinking we compete for a division championship this season is delusional.

I’m more optimistic than I was than when he was hired. Will say that.

By all metrics this last week has put us firmly around the top of the ‘middle tier’ within the Big 10. It’ll level out a little since we’re mostly full, but won’t change much, and it’s a good start. 6-7 win season and a bowl berth season will hopefully close that gap some next year, which is attainable. Can’t wait for August!!

Reactions: blackshirts25
I’m more optimistic than I was than when he was hired. Will say that.
I think a lot of people are. Lot's of posters that haven't been posting in awhile are back with a fervor as well.

It's always like this leading up to the season though.. it's not too far away either.

If we get off on the right foot, we could do pretty well.

Momentum is really important. We have seen what happens when it doesn't go your way out of the gate and we're probably due for some going our way this time.. would be nice to start the season off with a few W's in a row. It's possible.

I hope we spend a lot of time on the offensive and defensive lines in fall camp. It's going to be super important for success.

I think a lot of people are. Lot's of posters that haven't been posting in awhile are back with a fervor as well.

It's always like this leading up to the season though.. it's not too far away either.

If we get off on the right foot, we could do pretty well.

Momentum is really important. We have seen what happens when it doesn't go your way out of the gate and we're probably due for some going our way this time.. would be nice to start the season off with a few W's in a row. It's possible.

I hope we spend a lot of time on the offensive and defensive lines in fall camp. It's going to be super important for success.
100%…

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT