ADVERTISEMENT

Final 17th on Rivals and 19th on 247.

During the Frost regime, NU had a class team ranks of 21, 15, 17, 18 and 41 per Rivals, but could do nothing with the talent. Thus far, Rhule is recruiting at about the same clip. Will he be able to produce a better product on the field.
I think that just the name, NU, gets you a class in the 20-25 range.

I feel like that is sort of the baseline. Anything better than 20 starts to create that separation, especially in this conference where besides 3 teams, the rest of the conference recruits like MAC schools.

I think that just the name, NU, gets you a class in the 20-25 range.

I feel like that is sort of the baseline. Anything better than 20 starts to create that separation, especially in this conference where besides 3 teams, the rest of the conference recruits like MAC schools.
That moment you realize, Purdue, one of those "recruits like MAC schools" currently has a higher average ranking than Nebraska and 1 more 4 star recruit than Nebraska per ON3. Higher average and same number of 4 stars per rivals.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
That moment you realize, Purdue, one of those "recruits like MAC schools" currently has a higher average ranking than Nebraska and 1 more 4 star recruit than Nebraska per ON3. Higher average and same number of 4 stars per rivals.
It doesn't matter, it won't stick. MAC schools like PU and Iowa and Wisconsin and Minny and NW and Indiana and Rutgers and MD and Illinois have a ceiling. Basically, you are the females in the workforce in the 60's.

Your lame fan base, your small crowds, your weak NIL and the fact that you guys are not and never will be a national brand create an almost impossible situation for your team.

You might see a top 20 class here and there but your 4-5 year average will be lame.

It doesn't matter, it won't stick. MAC schools like PU and Iowa and Wisconsin and Minny and NW and Indiana and Rutgers and MD and Illinois have a ceiling. Basically, you are the females in the workforce in the 60's.

Your lame fan base, your small crowds, your weak NIL and the fact that you guys are not and never will be a national brand create an almost impossible situation for your team.

You might see a top 20 class here and there but your 4-5 year average will be lame.
Lame fanbase? OK idk how. But ok. Small crowds? Pretty sure Purdue was at 103% capacity last year on average and they are expanding the stadium and its still selling out. Weak NIL based on what? All indications are its pretty good.

this is why it's so nice that all B1G schools/fans are best friends

without you here, nobody would've possibly known this!

thanks, pal.

Reactions: BoilerN
Have to ask did your 4* QB participate in the Elite 11?

Kaelin won the accuracy competition and he is a 3*..

Something isn’t adding up..

Reactions: BleedRed78
Lame fanbase? OK idk how. But ok. Small crowds? Pretty sure Purdue was at 103% capacity last year on average and they are expanding the stadium and its still selling out. Weak NIL based on what? All indications are its pretty good.
I mean, there are no PU fans outside of the state of Indiana. 5 year attendance avg is 47k.

Expanding is the worst thing they can do, not the best.

Don't get upset about it, you know that you are more likely to end up with classes in the 35-50 range than you are top 25.

Reactions: Huzkers25
I mean, there are no PU fans outside of the state of Indiana. 5 year attendance avg is 47k.

Expanding is the worst thing they can do, not the best.

Don't get upset about it, you know that you are more likely to end up with classes in the 35-50 range than you are top 25.
Where do you see the 5 year average? I think 3 year is more accurate given how Purdue is trending. Expanding and making the stadium better is great! Especially as Purdue continues to ascend. 5 dips back to coming off Hazell, which is far below the norm. Purdue fans show up for good sports. See basketball for details. If expanding is bad, they wouldn't be selling out again. Also, Purdue fans are everywhere? I literally see them everywhere.

I'd be fine with 35, but anything below 40 would be highly disappointing. Purdue has to good of NIL, facilities, etc. To be finishing that low. Now that they have a coach that can recruit, it will only get better. Brohm being checked out at Purdue for his last two seasons hurt recruiting a little. It's why I wasn't sad to finally see him go. It's what he wanted. Purdue should be a consistent top 25-30 team though. No reason they can't.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
It won't matter until we are bringing in the very best OL/DL that money can buy. It all starts and ends there. We are lacking both at this current time. Like the class but.....we need to build the lines.

1. Build the lines.
2. Build the defense.
3.. The rest falls into place.

Where do you see the 5 year average? I think 3 year is more accurate given how Purdue is trending. Expanding and making the stadium better is great! Especially as Purdue continues to ascend. 5 dips back to coming off Hazell, which is far below the norm. Purdue fans show up for good sports. See basketball for details. If expanding is bad, they wouldn't be selling out again. Also, Purdue fans are everywhere? I literally see them everywhere.

I'd be fine with 35, but anything below 40 would be highly disappointing. Purdue has to good of NIL, facilities, etc. To be finishing that low. Now that they have a coach that can recruit, it will only get better. Brohm being checked out at Purdue for his last two seasons hurt recruiting a little. It's why I wasn't sad to finally see him go. It's what he wanted. Purdue should be a consistent top 25-30 team though. No reason they can't.
Dude.. @SuperBigFan is absolutely dunking on you. Just stay down 🤣

didn't purdue just watch the guy who built the program flee for a bottom-feeder ACC school and replace him with a 1st year head coach with somewhere around 10 minutes of career success under his belt?

this seems to be the way purdue is trending, but I am merely a less-than-casual observer forced to watch 60 minutes/year of boilermaker football as penance for my favorite school and alma mater wanting to make more money, so what do I know

25-30 is not doable

Basically all the SEC schools (not vandy) will be up there, then USC, Oregon will be up there, OU will be up there, OSU, Michigan and PSU, Clemson, FSU, Miami, ND and NU

That is about 25 right there...which pretty much means that at best, with all the breaks going your way, you could have a chance. But we know that more than likely it will be 30 and lower.

Reactions: BleedRed78
didn't purdue just watch the guy who built the program flee for a bottom-feeder ACC school and replace him with a 1st year head coach with somewhere around 10 minutes of career success under his belt?

this seems to be the way purdue is trending, but I am merely a less-than-casual observer forced to watch 60 minutes/year of boilermaker football as penance for my favorite school and alma mater wanting to make more money, so what do I know
I grew up in Chicago, so basically a stones throw from the PU campus. I never saw all these Purdue fans that are literally everywhere. Saw tons of Irish fans and Indiana basketball fans and Michigan fans and Illini fans...but no PU fans.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

Brohm left because he's idolized at Louisville. He was always going there regardless if the job. It has nothing to do with big ten vs acc and everything to do with he and Louisville.

Purdue hired what seems to be a really good coach. I have no issues with Walters. He seems to have a very bright future. It is a bit of a risk sure, but I'm fine with it based on how it's been going.

25-30 is not doable

Basically all the SEC schools (not vandy) will be up there, then USC, Oregon will be up there, OU will be up there, OSU, Michigan and PSU, Clemson, FSU, Miami, ND and NU

That is about 25 right there...which pretty much means that at best, with all the breaks going your way, you could have a chance. But we know that more than likely it will be 30 and lower.
Yet, Purdue is still hanging out there as we speak. Still waiting to hear how the NIL is bad. Hint: it's not. Edey just got 1.5 to 2 mil.

Based on the attendance you sent, Purdue is ascending and they continue to pack in fans and build excitement. Seems like a good thing to improve the stadium and create a good fan experience for all.

Both Nebraska and Purdue with 1st year coaches and both with new starting QBs. Will be interesting to see which coach has done a better job preparing for 2023
It will be fun to watch, that's for sure! I don't mind when both teams are good. I didn't think Nebraska got it right with Frost, but I think they got it right with Rhule.

He even thanks scouting services for bumps in ratings.

902.gif

PU had a lot of departures in the portal. Going to take a bit to get the roster back.

And I wonder if Rhule is regretting taking some lower ranked guys.

Bro, YOU GUYS have a ceiling. It's pathetic and sad you don't realize it, you're literally a former high school athlete with a beer belly who thinks any day now you'll be back.

If you think Nebraska is a "national brand," leave your state once in a while.

Bro, YOU GUYS have a ceiling. It's pathetic and sad you don't realize it, you're literally a former high school athlete with a beer belly who thinks any day now you'll be back.

where are you logging onto the Nebraska board from, friend?

based on your tone, I assume you're an iowa fan who readily participates in the one-sided rivalry. so cute!

since you're here, I have another question - have you ever seen a fist fight between iowa and Nebraska fans? your participation in this study is greatly appreciated.

NU has a ceiling in recruiting and it is probably 10th.

NU is a national brand, shoot, you are showing that is the case right now, by coming to this Nebraska site when you are not a fan of the team.

Yet, Purdue is still hanging out there as we speak. Still waiting to hear how the NIL is bad. Hint: it's not. Edey just got 1.5 to 2 mil.

Based on the attendance you sent, Purdue is ascending and they continue to pack in fans and build excitement. Seems like a good thing to improve the stadium and create a good fan experience for all.
NIL at PU is bad and Painter is going to retire way sooner than you think because of how bad it is.

NIL at PU is bad and Painter is going to retire way sooner than you think because of how bad it is.
Proof? I've heard quite the contrary. Then again, two years ago you told me Purdue would be lucky to make a bowl every year and they just won 17 games in two years and won the west. Clearly continuing to ascend and investments in the facilities, program, and NIL continue to increase.

Proof? I've heard quite the contrary. Then again, two years ago you told me Purdue would be lucky to make a bowl every year and they just won 17 games in two years and won the west. Clearly continuing to ascend and investments in the facilities, program, and NIL continue to increase.
They will be lucky to make a bowl game every year and the fact that PU fans dream about that magical 8 win season shows what a lame program is (not your fault, this conference LOVES tricking fans into thinking a bowl game equals a magical season. I am an Illini BB fan and so many of their fans still think that winning the Big Ten is more impressive than making the Sweet Sixteen. I would imagine some PU fans are finally getting better though)

Proof, this will sound like a lie but I have a friend that is tied into PU basketball and is friends with Painter and when Matt grabs a few beers with the boys, he is very open.

As someone who travels all over the country for work, I can assure you that Nebraska is very much a national brand. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska are the only 4 national brands currently in the B1G.

As someone who travels all over the country for work, I can assure you that Nebraska is very much a national brand. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska are the only 4 national brands currently in the B1G.
I think I would rank it as...

OSU
NU
Michigan
Indiana (basketball)
PSU

Second tier
Illinois
MSU
MD

Third tier (Teams that for the most part do not have fans outside of their state/area
PU
Rutgers
NW
Minny

Good lord I can;t even think of the other teams.

The "Nebraska is not being a national brand" talk is awfully rich coming from a guy who's not a fan of Nebraska yet takes the time to log onto a husker football website.

Also, here in Arizona, there are husker fans everywhere.

The "Nebraska is not being a national brand" talk is awfully rich coming from a guy who's not a fan of Nebraska yet takes the time to log onto a husker football website.

Other fans know it is true that is why they are pissed.

Look, we all know that if NU starts 3-0 this year, they will be ranked in the top 15. Not because it would be wins over great teams...it is because NU is a big name.

There are probably a lot of casual CFB fans that think Notre Dame is in the Big Ten than there are casual CFB fans that know what conference Iowa and PU and Minny are in.

Same here in Texas! Huge fan base down here...

FWIW, my 4' Tall (Old School) Herbie stands proud in my front yard all year long! Get's a lot of compliments from fans and respect from fans of competing teams

They will be lucky to make a bowl game every year and the fact that PU fans dream about that magical 8 win season shows what a lame program is (not your fault, this conference LOVES tricking fans into thinking a bowl game equals a magical season. I am an Illini BB fan and so many of their fans still think that winning the Big Ten is more impressive than making the Sweet Sixteen. I would imagine some PU fans are finally getting better though)

Proof, this will sound like a lie but I have a friend that is tied into PU basketball and is friends with Painter and when Matt grabs a few beers with the boys, he is very open.
8 wins should be the minimum expectation at Purdue. They should make a bowl every year. No reason not to. 8 and 9 wins was fun because it indicated the crap they dug out of over the past 5 years. Walters is seemingly building on that.

You have a friend huh? I don't doubt you, but my connections say otherwise. Plus it doesnt seem to line up with edey reportedly getting 1.5-2 mil? The other players are doing well also. If you are saying their NIL sucks compared to osu, sure, probably not as good. So I guess it's your connect vs mine with mine having a little bit if proof and yours none. Purdue NIL wasn't good a couple years ago. Late to the party. If Purdue NIL sucks, dang can Walters and Painter and Geralds recruit! Convincing studs to turn down money to play at Purdue.

8 wins should be the minimum expectation at Purdue. They should make a bowl every year. No reason not to. 8 and 9 wins was fun because it indicated the crap they dug out of over the past 5 years. Walters is seemingly building on that.

You have a friend huh? I don't doubt you, but my connections say otherwise. Plus it doesnt seem to line up with edey reportedly getting 1.5-2 mil? The other players are doing well also. If you are saying their NIL sucks compared to osu, sure, probably not as good. So I guess it's your connect vs mine with mine having a little bit if proof and yours none. Purdue NIL wasn't good a couple years ago. Late to the party. If Purdue NIL sucks, dang can Walters and Painter and Geralds recruit! Convincing studs to turn down money to play at Purdue.
Right, that is my point, that you agree with. PU NIL sucks compared to real programs.

Right, that is my point, that you agree with. PU NIL sucks compared to real programs.
Ope, sorry Purdue isn't osu. Lol as long as Purdue stays on par or ahead of the west and bottom half the east, I'm fine with it. Which seems to be about where Purdue is.

Dude I don't think you know what you're talking about. I live on the east coast and have Husker paraphernalia all outside my house and car. You'd be surprised how many people recognize the giant red N. I can't even count how many random people that who have come up to me to talk Husker football. The name and brand recognition is still there. Maybe move out of your moms basement and you would see just how wrong you are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT