ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Old Arcade Game?

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
I was good at a few. Maybe Tempest was my favorite. Damn spike things. RollingLaugh
I could do the pattern to get to 12th key of Pac-Man.
Always sucked at Galaga type games though.

I grew up in the post-arcade boom. I find it difficult to play games for high scores but the old arcade games are cool.

CruisNUSA and Time Crisis were fun.
Love me some skee-ball.

Double Dragon, Asteroids, Galaxian, Donkey Kong, some good pinball machines such as Stellar Wars, The Black Knight.

I hated Defender because it kicked the hell out of me all the time. Missile Command, Tank (Battle Zone) were fun, though.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Donkey Kong, could play for hours with friends. Nothing beats pinball though, absolutely loved the Journey themed one.

Double Dragon, Asteroids, Galaxian, Donkey Kong, some good pinball machines such as Stellar Wars, The Black Knight.

I hated Defender because it kicked the hell out of me all the time. Missile Command, Tank (Battle Zone) were fun, though.
I've got tank in my basement

Galaga and dig dug. Track and field was awesome. Agree with Defender kicking my ass.

Galaga and Ms. Pac Man. Family Fun Center had a horse racing game. 6 players, each player got 1 button to jump your horse. Tickets were distributed based on order of finish. Sounds dumb but the trash talking that ensued was absolutely hilarious and it would be fantastic to gamble on.

Lots of good memories here:
Track and Field (with a pencil or plastic comb)
Red Baron > Battle Zone imo
Donkey Kong and Asteroids of course.
Ladybug and Carnival
Scrambler?
Yie-ar Kung Fu
Spy Hunter (gotta love that music)
Defender had too many controls, I killed a lot of friendlies in that one.
I played that robot wife pinball machine at FFC a lot.

Crazy Climber
Cheyenne
Double fkin Dragon
Track and Field
30 or so replies and no Dragon's Lair wtf
Gaunlet was the bomb

Karate Champ....and i'm not sure if this is awesome or sad, but i'm pretty sure I could play it right now and kick.some ass.

I was good at a few. Maybe Tempest was my favorite. Damn spike things. RollingLaugh
I could do the pattern to get to 12th key of Pac-Man.
Always sucked at Galaga type games though.

Defender...played about 10hr on a quarter when the place shut down. Owner left the game on and said he stopped counting at 300 ships I had left. Have a machine in my basement.

Defender II/Stargate. Dominated it also.

Qbert dominated

Frogger

Joust was fun

Galaga was the only game I could play more than five minutes on one quarter.

I blew a small fortune in paper route money on that game. You know back when teenagers actually delivered the newspaper to homes.

Not old school like Tempest but my favorite games were the Time Cop series.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and UN Squadron!

I always played as Leonardo in the former and Mickey in latter! Good times and many coins!!

U. N. Squadron was dope . Was that NeoGeo?

The 6 player XMen game was sweet too.
Capcom I thought...?

Used to make a beeline for those games, (back when it was ShowBiz in Lincoln - later Chuck E. Cheese).

Which Xmen game are ya thinking of?? :D

Nostalgia... amirite??!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT