ADVERTISEMENT

DR to UGA soon?

My buddy's kid talked with Dylan at the baseball game. He asked Dylan and he told him "I'm leaning Nebraska at the moment" Now Dylan's not an idiot and probably told the same thing to people on his Georgia and USC visits but this narrative he's trying to sell that Dylan had an awful time and is recruiting for UGA while on the visit is ridiculous.

You dont quite understand how serious SEC schools take recruiting. OSU does, Michigan does and PSU does. Is it not clear that kids who were barely showing any interest are now setting up officials at UGA the same weekend DR has scheduled his.

Rhule pulled out all the stops to sign DR including retaing his uncle as OL coach. Other than his father playing there what is the draw to NU? Being surrounded by top talent? Protected by a top OL? Play for a championship in his career? The answer to those questions are all no.

From experience, sometimes posting somebody’s name as a source isn’t a good idea. I just take posts like his with a grain of salt realizing that things can easily be embellished.
I totally get that. My greater point is if he’s gonna post that, without a source, he shouldn’t be surprised to receive some push back.

The reason for the pushback from me is simple. What he posted doesn’t make sense. Why schedule a visit with Nebraska to just pull Nebraska recruits to Georgia? Why not just reach out to these recruits and skip Nebraska as the middle man and take them straight to Georgia?

I totally get that. My greater point is if he’s gonna post that, without a source, he shouldn’t be surprised to receive some push back.

The reason for the pushback from me is simple. What he posted doesn’t make sense. Why schedule a visit with Nebraska to just pull Nebraska recruits to Georgia? Why not just reach out to these recruits and skip Nebraska as the middle man and take them straight to Georgia?
maybe Lincoln's central location made it easier since recruits were paying their own way?

We were 10-4 that year with Zac Lee and Cody Green, mostly because we had Suh and the rest of that defense. But yes, I believe with Witt we beat Virginia Tech, Iowa State and Texas in the XII title game. Texas Tech took it to us that year but Lee also had a 27.8/100 QBR that game. With a good qb, who I believe Witt was, we'd have had a good shot at the national title that year.

Texas Tech scored 31 pts on something like 250 yards of offense iirc

I’m getting the impression that some of our board members don’t know or remember what 17-18 year old kids are like. They don’t always practice good etiquette or make wise decisions. I have no doubt that Dylan and his peers were discussing other options while at NU but I’m doubting that he was aggressively recruiting for Georgia in Lincoln.

You dont quite understand how serious SEC schools take recruiting. OSU does, Michigan does and PSU does. Is it not clear that kids who were barely showing any interest are now setting up officials at UGA the same weekend DR has scheduled his.

Rhule pulled out all the stops to sign DR including retaing his uncle as OL coach. Other than his father playing there what is the draw to NU? Being surrounded by top talent? Protected by a top OL? Play for a championship in his career? The answer to those questions are all no.
Georgia fans are like the Beverly Hillbillies. Suddenly rich, but still hillbillies.

I’m getting the impression that some of our board members don’t know or remember what 17-18 year old kids are like. They don’t always practice good etiquette or make wise decisions. I have no doubt that Dylan and his peers were discussing other options while at NU but I’m doubting that he was aggressively recruiting for Georgia in Lincoln.
And I agree and did think about that as well. Teenagers aren’t always known for clear thinking. This just seems a bit over the top to me.

I agree in part - it wasn’t a premeditated decision - but he got carried away and was talking up ie recruiting for Georgia far more than our staff was comfortable with and as a result decided it would be best if he didn’t attend the spring game

I agree in part - it wasn’t a premeditated decision - but he got carried away and was talking up Georgia far more than our staff was comfortable with and as a result decided it would be best if he didn’t attend the spring game
3rd to 4th hand information is always fun but that’s mostly what we get.

Reactions: king_kong_

Thanks for coming by to remind us what a dickhead you are.

I agree in part - it wasn’t a premeditated decision - but he got carried away and was talking up ie recruiting for Georgia far more than our staff was comfortable with and as a result decided it would be best if he didn’t attend the spring game
if Rhule told the #1 overall recruit to hit the bricks because he was being a douche my already stratospheric respect for him would blast into the Andromeda galaxy

So a qb from Phoenix met up with a WR from St. Louis... in Lincoln Nebraska? For convenience? Who else was part of this group?

And a nephew purposely screwed over his uncle? Knowing that his uncle already wasn't exactly loved by NU fans?

And this crazy scheme was concocted to try and get recruits to visit Georgia? Who just won back to back titles?

I tell my kids all the time to think if something makes sense before believing if it's true.....

So a qb from Phoenix met up with a WR from St. Louis... in Lincoln Nebraska? For convenience? Who else was part of this group?

And a nephew purposely screwed over his uncle? Knowing that his uncle already wasn't exactly loved by NU fans?

And this crazy scheme was concocted to try and get recruits to visit Georgia? Who just won back to back titles?

I tell my kids all the time to think if something makes sense before believing if it's true.....
Time to put the tin foil hat back on.. protect ya from all those Chemtrails and what not

Reactions: Laner2
I dont thik NIL has much to do with his decision. He’s loaded. He’s getting nil anywhere. A few hundred thou doesnt matter to him, he’s already a millionaire for life.

Reactions: BleedRed78

No one is saying he's screwed anyone over. If anything he's created extra exposure for the Huskers.

Georgia fans are like the Beverly Hillbillies. Suddenly rich, but still hillbillies.

When you on top you have bragging rights. Nebraska fans seen certain if he commits to UGA he will transfer within 2 years because he isn't starting. Who's to say if he commits to NU he won't transfer out after a couple of 5 win seasons and being sacked 60 times?

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
Proof? Source?

Why would I be angry as long as they post their source?

If you’re gonna post stuff like this, at least provide a shred of support. Is that too much to ask?

You do realize that almost all inside info on boards like this are posted without a source, right? Most people can't name their source. If they did, they wouldn't be a source much longer. Not saying the OP is right or wrong with his info, but to say anything without a source is a troll job is just silly. That's not how any of this works.

Don’t believe this at all. Why keep it cordial? This would be a ridiculous thing to do and if he did, they should pull his offer and make it known why.
Nah, you keep things cordial no matter what happened. Especially publicly. In today's transfer portal world we live in, zero reason to burn bridges. Not to mention dad's an alumn, uncle's still on staff, etc.

Pulling an offer for the #1 recruit who's a legacy and stating publicly that we did it because he was saying good things about the national champs while he was visiting? Let's just say that would not be a good look for us.

When you on top you have bragging rights. Nebraska fans seen certain if he commits to UGA he will transfer within 2 years because he isn't starting. Who's to say if he commits to NU he won't transfer out after a couple of 5 win seasons and being sacked 60 times?
Your schedule this year makes the most cowardly cowards blush. Your coach and AD are as yellow as your slave trading sister f*cking ancestors.

Kindly piss off, backwoods inbred

Bragging on the Georgia fan board is one thing. Going onto another team’s board to brag is low class. The comparison to the Beverly Hillbillies is apt.

Nah, you keep things cordial no matter what happened. Especially publicly. In today's transfer portal world we live in, zero reason to burn bridges. Not to mention dad's an alumn, uncle's still on staff, etc.

Pulling an offer for the #1 recruit who's a legacy and stating publicly that we did it because he was saying good things about the national champs while he was visiting? Let's just say that would not be a good look for us.
If he made a few innocent comments, I agree, but if he was actively recruiting against us while on a visit, that’s something else. The staff has got to have some pride and some balls. I think players and parents would respect the staff for having standards and not bowing down to a single player.

You do realize that almost all inside info on boards like this are posted without a source, right? Most people can't name their source. If they did, they wouldn't be a source much longer. Not saying the OP is right or wrong with his info, but to say anything without a source is a troll job is just silly. That's not how any of this works.
Yep I totally get that. Now it’s my turn.

You do realize most people who post inside info without a source get dragged for the info they are posting without a source, right? And I’m not saying anyone who posts something without a source is trolling. I’m saying this particular poster is trolling due to his past history of posts that have been questionable again and again.

Yep I totally get that. Now it’s my turn.

You do realize most people who post inside info without a source get dragged for the info they are posting without a source, right? And I’m not saying anyone who posts something without a source is trolling. I’m saying this particular poster is trolling due to his past history of posts that have been questionable again and again.
That's fair. Admittedly, I am not familiar with his history.

Reactions: timnsun
That's fair. Admittedly, I am not familiar with his history.
And let me also say, I may be unfair to @Redmich calling him a troll… He may not be a troll, I don’t know for sure. But he definitely is a pot stirrer. Maybe this isn’t trolling, but just stirring the pot… or maybe he’s absolutely spot on. That’s possible too…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bigREDuglies
If either number is true it would be a sad commentary on the state of collegiate sports today.......and I would feel the same way if NU did it.
adults making money

the horror

this opinion is a sad commentary (and projection) on your failure to capitalize

adults making money

the horror

this opinion is a sad commentary (and projection) on your failure to capitalize
And if the NIL monster goes to its logical conclusion, it's free-agency madness at the high school level.

I did not think that the NCAA and universities should have been allowed to make obscene profits off of young athletes, but you've got your head firmly planted in the dirt if you think this isn't going to get ugly real soon.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And if the NIL monster goes to its logical conclusion, it's free-agency madness at the high school level.

I did not think that the NCAA and universities should have been allowed to make obscene profits off of young athletes, but you've got your head firmly planted in the dirt if you think this isn't going to get ugly real soon.
please describe, in as much detail as you can muster, the 'ugly' nightmare you are picturing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT