ADVERTISEMENT

DR to UGA soon?

what I remember about Zac Lee is that coming off his junior year in 2009 where we lost to Texas by 1 in the CCG, won the Holiday Bowl and finished 14th in the nation ..most had him penciled in as the starter in 2010

dumster dive Rick kept telling everyone how a freshman (Taylor Martinez) was tearing apart the 1st team defense in fall camp and would likely be named the starter --- HTO and his cronies screamed him down all camp prior to the first game ... one of the cronies even claimed to have inside info from the Cowboys front office and that many NFL teams considered Lee a legit NFL prospect
Zac Lee was the last NU QB drafted

Reactions: Redmich
Same diff!

giphy.gif

what I remember about Zac Lee is that coming off his junior year in 2009 where we lost to Texas by 1 in the CCG, won the Holiday Bowl and finished 14th in the nation ..most had him penciled in as the starter in 2010

dumster dive Rick kept telling everyone how a freshman (Taylor Martinez) was tearing apart the 1st team defense in fall camp and would likely be named the starter --- HTO and his cronies screamed him down all camp prior to the first game ... one of the cronies even claimed to have inside info from the Cowboys front office and that many NFL teams considered Lee a legit NFL prospect

The level of butthurt on this board when TM got the start was hilarious.

Tom Osborne told some boosters of substance after watching Zac Lee in practice that “Zac Lee will be the next NU QB drafted by the NFL”. His throwing arm injury destroyed any chance of that. Last I read he was doing well without football. Regional manager with Stryker I think in Austin TX.

Last edited:
Witt wouldn’t have beaten out Lee.
Witt was all Ivy League and got a combine invite. Lee quarterbacked maybe our worst offense ever along with Cody Green and was beaten out by Taylor Martinez his senior season. I know Lee had some shoulder issues but I stand by what I said, that 09 team could have won it all with Witt as our QB.

Witt was all Ivy League and got a combine invite. Lee quarterbacked maybe our worst offense ever along with Cody Green and was beaten out by Taylor Martinez his senior season. I know Lee had some shoulder issues but I stand by what I said, that 09 team could have won it all with Witt as our QB.
Pat Witt didn’t even get a training camp invitation ……. Lee>Witt

Pat Witt didn’t even get a training camp invitation ……. Lee>Witt
Yeah and Lee got cut after a week.

"Zac Lee is the second player from Nebraska to choose the Seahawks during the undrafted free agent signing period, joining safety Rickey Thenarse. Lee lost his job to Taylor Martinez this past season, but stayed involved in more of a mentoring and leadership role. At this point, it seems Lee is little more than an arm in camp to give the Seahawks enough warm bodies to throw routes."

Agree to disagree

things went south on the March 25 visit
Dylan was (and is) a Georgia silent commit heading into that visit
He spent a good deal of that visit pulling the higher profile recruits aside and pitching Georgia to them

we essentially funded a nice Georgia recruiting visit in heart of the midwest

coaches turned their attention elsewhere the minute that visit ended
they are pissed - but are doing their best to keep it cordial

He spent a good deal of that visit pulling the higher profile recruits aside and pitching Georgia to them

Can we at least fire Donovan the day after the last game this year then?

Reactions: king_kong_

Is our head coach going out of his way to play ping-pong with DR part of "doing his best to keep it cordial"?

I have a hard time believing that Riola would pitch Georgia while visiting here.

Is our head coach going out of his way to play ping-pong with DR part of "doing his best to keep it cordial"?

I have a hard time believing that Riola would pitch Georgia while visiting here.
My buddy's kid talked with Dylan at the baseball game. He asked Dylan and he told him "I'm leaning Nebraska at the moment" Now Dylan's not an idiot and probably told the same thing to people on his Georgia and USC visits but this narrative he's trying to sell that Dylan had an awful time and is recruiting for UGA while on the visit is ridiculous.

My buddy's kid talked with Dylan at the baseball game. He asked Dylan and he told him "I'm leaning Nebraska at the moment" Now Dylan's not an idiot and probably told the same thing to people on his Georgia and USC visits but this narrative he's trying to sell that Dylan had an awful time and is recruiting for UGA while on the visit is ridiculous.
who said he had an awful time? he had a great time on the visit getting to hang with a group of other teens on someone else's dime - but he was recruiting for Georgia

not all that uncommon

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

"Zac Lee is the second player from Nebraska to choose the Seahawks during the undrafted free agent signing period, joining safety Rickey Thenarse. Lee lost his job to Taylor Martinez this past season, but stayed involved in more of a mentoring and leadership role. At this point, it seems Lee is little more than an arm in camp to give the Seahawks enough warm bodies to throw routes."

Agree to disagree
Could have ‘won it all’??? You forfeited all credibility with that statement.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Even if his group played well? Derp 🤡
He's 0/1 in that regard. I think they'll be much improved this season. If they perform anything like last season, though, he's gone.

Doesn't matter what kind of car or driver you have, if the car doesn't have an engine nothing else matters.

It'd be pretty impressive if the Raiola family fleeced 2 head coaches to get Don a couple of jobs. If/When Dylan picks Georgia Don has to stand up on his own merits. If he doesn't produce this year he'll get the axe and Rhule can bring his own guy in.

Or he'll tell Rhule to keep him, so that we have a chance with Donovan in the transfer portal 😄.

Agree to disagree
Seattle gave him a shot to prove his arm was recovered. It wasn’t. Being all conference in the Ivy League might get you a training camp offer but Witt got none. Witt looked bad at NU. Lee at least had a great bowl win.

To clarify my earlier post - he wasn’t trashing Nebraska on the visit he was just lobbying for Georgia with other recruits in the wrong time and place

I hope he recognizes it was a mistake -

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus this thread is getting weird.
Getting? We were there 100 DR posts ago

The moment I heard

"Why would he not pick Georgia?"
"I already knew he wasn't coming here."
"We need to prove it on the field before the #1 recruit in the country would come here"

The sky has fallen crowd has already shown up, so it already got weird.

1. Dylan Raiola has not committed anywhere yet, so comments like above show how quickly people react to bull shit opinions.
2. No way in the world would we ever not want this kid.
3. If he signs with Georgia it's because that is where he felt best. Time to move on, and develop and work with who we have.
4. Dylan Raiola may be a fantastic Quarterback, but that doesn't mean he will make or break Nebraska. This also doesn't mean we don't really want the kid.
5. This has got to be the most degenerate message board on this site. How infatuated people get with the recruitment of High School athletes on here is WAY overboard.

I was a degenerate too, but I moved on to understand there are way more important things to do in life than following which high school kid joins the Nebraska football team. Rhules coaching matters to me, who he coaches is irrelevant. Either he wins or he loses, and who he wins with or loses with only matters after the fact.

Reactions: cornhustler
He's 0/1 in that regard. I think they'll be much improved this season. If they perform anything like last season, though, he's gone.

Doesn't matter what kind of car or driver you have, if the car doesn't have an engine nothing else matters.
I trust that Rhule understands how the pieces fit together, starting with his offensive coordinator, then trickling down to position group coaches. I even think Rhule has given guys like Raiola instruction about how he wants guys coached.

He’s not standing on the sidelines, elbowing him in the side asking ‘ you know what you’re doing, right?’

Plus, Teddy is back, we added Ben Scott, and we have Nouli back who proved he can play.

Probably have returning starters at quarterback, and running back too.

Yeah, Dom will be fine.

Reactions: Laner2
To clarify my earlier post - we wasn’t trashing Nebraska on the visit he was just lobbying for Georgia with other recruits in the wrong time and place

I hope he recognizes it was a mistake -
Anybody can post crap without any sources whatsoever… this is a max troll without sources. This absolutely makes no sense.

DR: “My master plan is to go to Lincoln and recruit other top players who may or may not show up after they’ve seen what Nebraska has to offer. I hope it works.” Lolololol!!!!!

Why not invite the same dudes to weekend with him at Georgia? That way they aren’t exposed to what Rhule is doing, they aren’t seeing the facilities being built that they could enjoy. As it is, with your “take” on what Dylan did, several of these guys are possibilities to come to Nebraska, including teammates Nate Frazier and the OT Baker.

And go ahead and follow up with “I know what I know” without posting any evidence whatsoever. That’ll complete the troll.

Don’t believe this at all. Why keep it cordial? This would be a ridiculous thing to do and if he did, they should pull his offer and make it known why.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Anybody can post crap without any sources whatsoever… this is a max troll without sources. This absolutely makes no sense.

DR: “My master plan is to go to Lincoln and recruit other top players who may or may not show up after they’ve seen what Nebraska has to offer. I hope it works.” Lolololol!!!!!

Why not invite the same dudes to weekend with him at Georgia? That way they aren’t exposed to what Rhule is doing, they aren’t seeing the facilities being built that they could enjoy. As it is, with your “take” on what Dylan did, several of these guys are possibilities to come to Nebraska, including teammates Nate Frazier and the OT Baker.

And go ahead and follow up with “I know what I know” without posting any evidence whatsoever. That’ll complete the troll.
You are really going to be angry when someone posts that the decision to not attend the spring game - which was strangely announced right after the March 25th visit - wasn’t entirely Dylan’s decision

I won’t post that however because I won’t list the source

• Sad
Don’t believe this at all. Why keep it cordial? This would be a ridiculous thing to do and if he did, they should pull his offer and make it known why.
A kid saying “yeah I really like Georgia and their DC” is hardly a capital offense. Nobody has to sell other recruits on what Georgia has to offer. Kids talking about school G when visiting school N I have to think is a common occurrence. I’m not sure when Raiola announces but if it’s Georgia and they start slow for some reason that commitment might not mean much.

You are really going to be angry when someone posts that the decision to not attend the spring game - which was strangely announced right after the March 25th visit - wasn’t entirely Dylan’s decision

We always shoot the messenger of bad news on this board. I don’t think the CBs for Georgia are off base but the idea that he was actively recruiting for Georgia in Lincoln is probably exaggerated. It’s pretty naive to think these guys aren’t talking about their options.

Last edited:
A kid saying “yeah I really like Georgia and their DC” is hardly a capital offense. Nobody has to sell other recruits on what Georgia has to offer. Kids talking about school G when visiting school N I have to think is a common occurrence. I’m not sure when Raiola announces but if it’s Georgia and they start slow for some reason that commitment might not mean much.
They won’t start slow

Their schedule is a joke

Reactions: dinglefritz

Fine, don't list the source. But who's decision was it then?

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Why would I be angry as long as they post their source?

If you’re gonna post stuff like this, at least provide a shred of support. Is that too much to ask?

Could have ‘won it all’??? You forfeited all credibility with that statement.
We were 10-4 that year with Zac Lee and Cody Green, mostly because we had Suh and the rest of that defense. But yes, I believe with Witt we beat Virginia Tech, Iowa State and Texas in the XII title game. Texas Tech took it to us that year but Lee also had a 27.8/100 QBR that game. With a good qb, who I believe Witt was, we'd have had a good shot at the national title that year.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Why would I be angry as long as they post their source?

If you’re gonna post stuff like this, at least provide a shred of support. Is that too much to ask?
From experience, sometimes posting somebody’s name as a source isn’t a good idea. I just take posts like his with a grain of salt realizing that things can easily be embellished.

Reactions: Laner2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT