ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have another Joe Burrow situation brewing??

Ha, not me. I'm biased because he's a relative of mine.

this fact adds about 10,000x more gravity to your prior statement:

I guarantee you the family has paid attention to the treatment received from Nebraska.

pretty typical for frost to make things way harder on everyone than they need to be, sadly

this fact adds about 10,000x more gravity to your prior statement:

pretty typical for frost to make things way harder on everyone than they need to be, sadly
Frost is gone after next season anyway, and so is Whipple, so even if Flores landed here, he would transfer after the current staff gets canned.

March of 2021 (spring after his sophomore year- see sophomore stats below in only 8 games).
He mentions being casually contacted by a few out of state schools, and nothing from Nebraska.

Games Played8

Offense - Passing Totals​

Completions145
Passing Att209
Passing Yards1926
Completion Percentage.694
Yards Per Completion13.3
Passing Yards Per Game240.8
Passing TDs18
Passing Int3
Passing Long79
QB Rating121.0

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
They basically said on 1620 that Frost has allowed Whipple to hand pick his QBs. Whipple offered the kid he has a close relationship with back east and flirting with Flores at this point could cause problems.
As should be the case considering how bad Frost is at picking quarterbacks.

Probably not - but just imagine the meltdown

You are assuming Flores would turn down all these other great offers for Nebraska. I have not seen anything that indicates he would be a lock for Nebraska if we offered. There are better situations out there for him than Nebraska. I don't think he would come to Nebraska with all the Qb's we have.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
As should be the case considering how bad Frost is at picking quarterbacks.
this is a unique case with him being a Nebraska kid

he should be able to say 'I want to play at Nebraska' and have the red carpet rolled out for him no matter who the lead recruiter is

best QB the state's produced in 26 years and we don't get him because our head coach, who is a Nebraska-born former NU QB, has delegated the task? give me a f*cking break

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
You are assuming Flores would turn down all these other great offers for Nebraska. I have not seen anything that indicates he would be a lock for Nebraska if we offered. There are better situations out there for him than Nebraska. I don't think he would come to Nebraska with all the Qb's we have.
we have 1 quarterback and a bunch of kids who played quarterback in high school

the competition in that room is considerably less than fierce

A great QB would’ve taken last years squad to a bowl. Line wasn’t good, but we had the most unclutch QB in Nebraska history under center.
Was he ever under center 🤔 😕 👀 😂

What are his offers again?
oklahoma state matters to me most.

12-2 last year, Big 12 champs, won Fiesta Bowl, coached by a guy who puts more QBs into the league in half a decade than NU has put into the league in its entire history, would beat us by a hundred if we played them.

a better program & coach than we currently have by lightyears. that is a big time offer, IMO.

So would it be a greater loss seeing Flores playing at any P5 school not named Nebraska or Caleb Benning, Damon’s son choosing a similar path?

this is a unique case with him being a Nebraska kid

he should be able to say 'I want to play at Nebraska' and have the red carpet rolled out for him no matter who the lead recruiter is

best QB the state's produced in 26 years and we don't get him because our head coach, who is a Nebraska-born former NU QB, has delegated the task? give me a f*cking break
I find it interesting that he says he has "had no contact" with Nebraska but yet he was supposedly in the stadium with other recruits for a game this past fall. Something doesn't add up OR somebody can correct me if I'm repeating something that was incorrect. I think there's something at play here that we're not aware of.

Last edited:
There is another possibility that one or even two quarterbacks will leave after this spring and when it happens Zane will probably get a offer

Wasn't Frost forced to hire Whipple?
no. Whipple and Frost both had working relationships with Chip Kelly. I don't know who first brought up Whipple's name but I'll give Frost credit for this hire. It seemed kind of out of the blue until I heard Whipple talk about his career and coaching relationships. It looks like a great hire IMO.

Max Duggan, he was "offered" by everyone in the SEC, Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10 but yet chose TCU. He has had a decent career, but Patterson before he was fired and now Dykes is doing everything they can to find a transfer to replace him.

I am not saying Flores doesn't have offers, but some of these offers are similar to Duggan's offers from Ohio St, Georgia, Oregon, Notre Dame, Ole Miss....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT