ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your point. We guessed that SARS was going to come here and kick our ass. That was wrong. When you have a new strain of virus you're just guessing until you can collect enough data to make accurate predictions. We've got no way of knowing if this is going to have a seasonal ebb. IMO, part of the initial relatively low key level of concern with this one was in fact the way SARS disappeared on it's own. I don't think that Dr.s seriously thought this was going to be a big problem worldwide until it was obvious that it was.
You are right we have no idea but I do wonder why Europe and The US was hit so hard yet a country of one billion like India has not. I think climate has a lot to do with that and if true India will make New York look tame by comparison

I used to think the MSM just hated Trump which of course they do. I now however think they hate America and many if not most Americans. They no longer act in the best interests of our country. Unfortunately many people have been indoctrinated to believe that is a good thing for the world... sad
They hate what we have and create stories of how we got it, sitting on the bounty it's created.
It's scary, but for most, its all they know, this bounty, and since it wasn't built by us, suffered by us, paid for by us, but stolen by us, they think it's easy in some very disconnected way.

But they too were novel, and their first time through is documented. Was it poorly done? You can't extrapolate that information ?
We used other models. We know seasonal effect is huge in effects.
I'm having trouble following your arguments. There were not demonstrated seasonal effects on MERS or SARS that I'm aware of. They don't know why SARS died off and MERS is still with us sporadically. People have gotten maybe a little smarter with what they do with their camels to prevent contracting MERS.:oops:

All I can really say about the subject is that Trump has insisted he's one of the smartest presidents we've had and the people love him. They sent him with a mandate to take care of them, the Deep State be damned.

If he doesn't do what he thinks is necessary to keep America on the good path because some 80 year old deep stater is on his advisory panel and disagrees...that choice is on the Donald.

His supporters have continually droned on and on about the 4D chess the Donald is playing... and time and time again he's backtracked and just told Pelosi and McConnell to get together and give him something to sign.Then he does.

This is not a one time thing, its a pattern of behavior with the man. He wants to pretend he has more stones than he has.

He's gotten a little froggy with whether he thinks Fauci is right or not, or whether this path is the best concerning economic impacts and has led us to believe he's going to make a radical change in schedule. He backed off on Easter. He had this to say the other day.

"I think we will be sooner rather than later, but we'll be sitting down with the professionals, we'll be sitting down with many different people to make a determination, and those meetings will start taking place fairly soon," Trump said.

Trump insisted he wouldn't reopen the country until the professionals gave him the go-ahead.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/kudlow-economy-reopen

Trump is free to make whatever decision he wants, and he appears to be doubling down an letting his advisors drive that boat to a large degree despite recent rhetoric to the contrary.
I think it's the right path. I liken it to a coach whose team is very banged up, only to find it isn't as banged up as first thought.
So, he looks at his players, while true, some are limited, the game has to be played.
So, he then turns to his staff, they figure out who can get out there, what they can do best under the circumstances.

So, I used a football scenario, but the day of the medical staff is mostly behind the team, now the coach and staff gets them ready and on the field.

You are right we have no idea but I do wonder why Europe and The US was hit so hard yet a country of one billion like India has not. I think climate has a lot to do with that and if true India will make New York look tame by comparison
I don't think India is reporting all of their cases but in any case supposedly it is just getting rolling there. The other POSSIBLE factor is genetic or cultural differences. Somebody made the statement (approximately) "I'm impressed as hell with the immune systems of the people in India." Maybe they have had a similar non-pathogenic CV floating around in their population that confers some degree of immunity to the more virulent COVID-19. Who knows. Hopefully this crap dies out as it warms up. The number of cases in Texas and New Orleans wouldn't necessarily support that

I'm having trouble following your arguments. There were not demonstrated seasonal effects on MERS or SARS that I'm aware of. They don't know why SARS died off and MERS is still with us sporadically. People have gotten maybe a little smarter with what they do with their camels to prevent contracting MERS.:oops:
You see, if you aren't aware of them,were they even done? People like the Faucis should have data, or admit they dropped the ball and never created data,data that would be a game changer.
Not having it is no excuse, unless no one tried, or worse, thought about obtaining it.

We know seasonal effect is huge, its historical data, spanish flu has numbers too. Mers does, sars does.
This it seems to me is important enough to have backtracked and studied, set up to collect data as it happened for future use.

When I was in India I spent a day in New Delhi and what they call Old Delhi and the way they live in those areas is almost impossible to describe the abject poverty. There were people living in slums laying naked in the streets next to animals etc. COVID might be the least of what they should be concerned about.

Understand, I'm not placing blame, but seasonal effect is as monstrous to a virus as thry are to us.
It just seems a huge hole in understanding virii.

When I was in India I spent a day in New Delhi and what they call Old Delhi and the way they live in those areas is almost impossible to describe the abject poverty. There were people living in slums laying naked in the streets next to animals etc. COVID might be the least of what they should be concerned about.
I’ve been in a few bars in Lincoln that were similar to that.

Theory - the Covid response is overblown and designed to hurt Trump.
Data - Trumps polling numbers were quite underwhelming for a Prez with his economic numbers, and he was was probably looking at pulling off another EC inside straight at best. Assertion - There was no need to tank the economy to beat Trump, although his defeat is certainly not a forgone conclusion. Indeed, why would his opponents (assuming they are craven enough to induce deep recession levels of economic misery) risk a rally round the flag situation?
Analysis - Trump saw Covid as inconvenient to his re-elect prospect, and thus was receptive to very poor advice that it wasn’t a big deal (no worse than the cold or flu). He engaged in wish fulfillment, which is something few successful politicians do. Bush did that with Iraq and we see how that turned out.
The best politicians know the answer to a question before they ask it. Trump doesn’t ask the question, because he doesn’t want to know the answer.

Reactions: headcard
Oils cheap right now, a few business startups being seen on the horizon. We can still make our own glass, right?

All I can find is some data about we used to have 120 plants in the 80's and we're down to 43 now. And that Chinese imports are putting pressure on them.

But yah overall I think we can make glass.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
All I can find is some data about we used to have 120 plants in the 80's and we're down to 43 now. And that Chinese imports are putting pressure on them.

But yah overall I think we can make glass.
Oil prices, competitor eliminated all but through third party, which could be eliminated too, I see a path for expansion here.

Reactions: bluenrg
Average mortality rate for new york state, 17,000 per year. Just rough estimates.
Heard their governor saying 7,000 from wuhan so far, dont have numbers of other deaths.

Just a stat!
On a normal day, 145 people die in New York City. Last week, coronavirus alone killed over 200 per day

Part of it is that while places like Washington state have maybe gotten over the hump, most places in the rest of the country (like Nebraska) are still on the wrong side of the curve. People need to stay on their toes in trailing geographical areas. My wife says that the CDC says our state may not peak until August.

I do not get this argument at all. Pretty much every state is at the same point of stay at home/social distancing guidlines and started them roughly at the same time. If these measures are so effective, than how can it just now be ramping up.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
I do not get this argument at all. Pretty much every state is at the same point of stay at home/social distancing guidlines and started them roughly at the same time. If these measures are so effective, than how can it just now be ramping up.
Add in cal. There's much we don't understand, and goes to seasonal and other unknown effects.

To help, I think he means the presence, or numbers infected.
The delay of symptoms can easily be misdiagnosed anywhere, but the opportunity for infection are in more densely populated areas that exponentially may have caused great effect

To help, I think he means the presence, or numbers infected.
The delay of symptoms can easily be misdiagnosed anywhere, but the opportunity for infection are in more densely populated areas that exponentially may have caused great effect

Is English your first language? I am not trying to be funny, I really want to know.

Is English your first language? I am not trying to be funny, I really want to know.
Ok, without crap, I will answer you.
The presence, current number of those infected,
So, in Nebraska you may have five, at the same time, in new york, you may have 500.
Self social distancing is more a natural state in Nebraska as opposed to New York.
Creating a faster track of infection, the density would increase exponentially compared to a natually spaced Nebraska.
Get it now?

To simplify this, if twenty people dispersed in an area may touch a doorknob, vs two hundred in a smaller area, even if the infections were the same, your odds suck touching that doorknob touched 200 times.

Traveling and spreading it from there to others is so much easier.

There are two places that come close to the density in Nebraska compared to New York, Omaha and Lincoln, both combined much smaller and vastly more spread out with less people.

Ok, without crap, I will answer you.
The presence, current number of those infected,
So, in Nebraska you may have five, at the same time, in new york, you may have 500.
Self social distancing is more a natural state in Nebraska as opposed to New York.
Creating a faster track of infection, the density would increase exponentially compared to a natually spaced Nebraska.
Get it now?

That did not answer my question. The only reason I ask is that I have a hard time understanding a lot of your posts. This one did not clear up the issue.

To simplify this, if twenty people dispersed in an area may touch a doorknob, vs two hundred in a smaller area, even if the infections were the same, your odds suck touching that doorknob touched 200 times.

Traveling and spreading it from there to others is so much easier.

There are two places that come close to the density in Nebraska compared to New York, Omaha and Lincoln, both combined much smaller and vastly more spread out with less people.

Better clarity there. But, Lincoln and Omaha are no where the density of New York City. So, back to my original point, you have less people touching the doorknob in Nebraska with no measures and now Nebraska started similar measure about the same time. So, if those measures are so effective how can Nebraska just now be ramping up?

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
That did not answer my question. The only reason I ask is that I have a hard time understanding a lot of your posts. This one did not clear up the issue.
You put ten people spaced out a hundred yards apart, then you have ten people ten feet apart, who wins if they all have to touch one another the fastest?
Before they do touch everyone, time is called, then who has the most?

This is adding the time element

You put ten people spaced out a hundred yards apart, then you have ten people ten feet apart, who wins if they all have to touch one another the fastest?
Before they do touch everyone, time is called, then who has the most?

This is adding the time element

That doesn't answer the question, because the measures should keep the 100 yard apart people from ever touching each other. So, again, how can it be ramping up if those measures are effective?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Now, you have to add in the no one knows they have it element, so it continues on, even after time is called, add in, a more conservative tilt vs a wild anything goes, some peak at different times.

Though we try our best, many still get it

Now, you have to add in the no one knows they have it element, so it continues on, even after time is called, add in, a more conservative tilt vs a wild anything goes, some peak at different times.

Though we try our best, many still get it

I'm done. You do not get it.

Edit: And to reiterate my previous question, what language did you first speak? And I'll add, are you using a translator app to make your posts? Thanks in advance for your concise answer to these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT