ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the leaders of Italy and countless other countries across the globe, shut down large portions of their country and damaged their economies, because they want to influence an election in the US this winter. Republican and Democrat Governors, alike, all over the country decided to do the same to their own states and scientist all over the world all got together and decided to create a giant lie to do the same. In your world, this makes perfect sense?
Yeah Japan has the longest-serving and arguably most popular prime minister in its history. And yet he agreed to a postponement of the Olympics and just implemented a stay-at-home order in the country's seven largest cities - all because MSNBC told him to.

Conspiracy theories are just that! People will believe what they want to believe regardless of facts!
I mean, there are just so many conspiracies that have proven to be true.

the word 'conspiracy' doesn't connotate falsehood.

Frost and company are currently conspiring to land Thomas Fidone. That's a fact.

You conveniently missed these from the party you claim not to support.

Just can't stay away from the extreme partisan BS can ya? Can't wrap your mind around the thought that some people don't pick a side and follow like sheep, huh? But keep on with the insane conspiracy theories and keep trying to paint me into whatever box you want, seems healthy. Almost as healthy as following Bill Mitchell on twitter.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Yes, the leaders of Italy and countless other countries across the globe, shut down large portions of their country and damaged their economies, because they want to influence an election in the US this winter. Republican and Democrat Governors, alike, all over the country decided to do the same to their own states and scientist all over the world all got together and decided to create a giant lie to do the same. In your world, this makes perfect sense?

Is that even close to what he was saying? If you can't genuinely debate the issue why even get involved? I'd prefer it if you were more genuine.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Just can't stay away from the extreme partisan BS can ya? Can't wrap your mind around the thought that some people don't pick a side and follow like sheep, huh? But keep on with the insane conspiracy theories and keep trying to paint me into whatever box you want, seems healthy. Almost as healthy as following Bill Mitchell on twitter.

I mean, some call it evidence... I didn't realize pointing out what someone said was extreme partisan Bs.

For someone who doesn't pick a side it does seem like the vast majority of your posts have a certain slant to them at least with virus and its related issues and those topics that've been discussed the past few weeks.

Is that even close to what he was saying? If you can't genuinely debate the issue why even get involved? I'd prefer it if you were more genuine.

Yes, he said that some want this to go on forever and then clarified that to be the "left" for political reasons. So the obvious questions are: If this is all a grand conspiracy by the left. Why are countries all over the world shut down? Why are red states shut down? Why would scientist say the heck with their professional ethics to create a giant, elaborate lie?

And I would prefer you stop the constant nonsense and personal attacks on anyone that doesn't believe in your conspiracy theories, but here we are, again.

I mean, some call it evidence... I didn't realize pointing out what someone said was extreme partisan Bs.

For someone who doesn't pick a side it does seem like the vast majority of your posts have a certain slant to them at least with virus and its related issues and those topics that've been discussed the past few weeks.

I can see how someone with your world view would think that.

Yes, he said that some want this to go on forever and then clarified that to be the "left" for political reasons. So the obvious questions are: If this is all a grand conspiracy by the left. Why are countries all over the world shut down? Why are red states shut down? Why would scientist say the heck with their professional ethics to create a giant, elaborate lie?

And I would prefer you stop the constant nonsense and personal attacks on anyone that doesn't believe in your conspiracy theories, but here we are, again.

Sure thing. What do you consider a personal attack?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
No, I never said the virus is a giant lie. Quit putting words into my mouth.
The fact that you do says a lot.

They are milking the crisis. Do you not believe Clyburns admission? You calling him a liar?
Are you saying previous models should matter more than current facts? Do certain countries and scientists not count since they dont fall in line with the narrative? Are you supportive of inflammatory figures based on nothing being treated as gospel? Do you support shutting things down months and months in advance instead of simply waiting it out? Are none of the guesses and hypotheticals excessive and counterproductive? Do you support injecting political garbage that has nothing to do with fighting the coronavirus into stimulus bills and loading them down with special interest pork?

Maybe take a look around and think for yourself instead of being spoonfed. My statements that people are trying to take advantage of this for political purposes is 100% true.

And I have disagreed with some of Trumps past and current handling of this, so don’t give me any of that crap, either.

So literal evidence and proof is a “conspiracy”.
Wow.

Reactions: dinglefritz

If we want to get technical, the only one here dishing personal attacks here is you with your calling me a tin foil crazy, etc (although I do not think mods should step in, dont get me wrong).

Does Sweden count? Or nay?
Do all scientists agree? Or nay?
Are other countries America? And are we debating the same thing even? In another post in this very thread, I agreed to be shut down for the next few weeks.
Who said coronavirus was a lie?

You seem very flustered because someone is questioning what your dear leaders are telling you. So flustered that you are chasing windmills.

Idk... Sure seems like some pretty prominent people are pushing that we'll never get back to normal.

Sorry for the nytime article Sick

The news station here has all these propaganda clips talking about "the new normal" and it's so dumb.

63fb35bf-e78c-4be1-934f-8bdbbcbad8c6._CR0,0,1500,928_PT0_SX970__.jpg

24928822-8020245-image-a-19_1582113575046.jpg

c76454ae916a6f9e8dd668b6867ee145.jpg

Is this still hot? I'm leaning towards yes.

Yeah Japan has the longest-serving and arguably most popular prime minister in its history. And yet he agreed to a postponement of the Olympics and just implemented a stay-at-home order in the country's seven largest cities - all because MSNBC told him to.

He had no choice. Canada had already pulled out. More were sure to follow.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
If we want to get technical, the only one here dishing personal attacks here is you with your calling me a tin foil crazy, etc (although I do not think mods should step in, dont get me wrong).

Does Sweden count? Or nay?
Do all scientists agree? Or nay?
Are other countries America? And are we debating the same thing even? In another post in this very thread, I agreed to be shut down for the next few weeks.
Who said coronavirus was a lie?

You seem very flustered because someone is questioning what your dear leaders are telling you. So flustered that you are chasing windmills.
No you are so flustered you are grasping onto wild conspiracy theories to attach blame to who you want.

So your “evidence” of this grand conspiracy is the Governor of California making a dumbass comment about taking political advantage of this situation. He didn’t say he liked this, didn’t say he wanted it to last forever. In reality, he is probably pissed about and wants those he thinks made mistake out of office. And again this is one person, who didn’t even say what you are implying. That is the definition of a conspiracy theory.

Let's all play nice.

20566 tests in Nebraska. 18248 were negative.

People don't need to stay home.

Why did you start another thread, but use totally bogus numbers for Nebraska? There is under 600 positive cases in Nebraska.

No you are so flustered you are grasping onto wild conspiracy theories to attach blame to who you want.

So your “evidence” of this grand conspiracy is the Governor of California making a dumbass comment about taking political advantage of this situation. He didn’t say he liked this, didn’t say he wanted it to last forever. In reality, he is probably pissed about and wants those he thinks made mistake out of office. And again this is one person, who didn’t even say what you are implying. That is the definition of a conspiracy theory.
Ok, ignore everything ive posted. And I heard the comments, dont know how they could be missed, but you did.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Hmmmm....seems like some willfull harming of the economy here. Those people are in the store regardless of what they buy.
I guess we can connect this with Bread Line Bernie’s policies chuck hopes we push for now.
In America the government is telling stores what they can and cannot sell and what consumers can and cannot buy regarding consumer goods?
Wait, its a conspiracy theory to think this is wrong, overblown excessive, and counterproductive. I better go get my foil. This isnt evidence or anything.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cos...ling-non-essential-items-select-states-2020-4

[
Oh look, more tin foil conspiracy about the exact thing Im saying from totally nonpartisan and unbiased chuck todd.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/9/chuck-todd-predicts-fascinating-post-coronavirus-f/

Im seriously trying to understand where you are coming from here, because you seem very confused. Your premise is that some people (the left) want this to go on forever for political reasons, right?

And you post this article as evidence of your theory? The author says he believes leftist ideas may take hold and that he believes people are more open to big government (in part because of the Trump bailout). How do you turn that into the left likes this or wants this to last forever for political gain? It certainly never said it in the article.

Can you really not see the difference between being critical of how the virus was handled and wanting it to last forever? Can’t you see the difference between an article predicting politics may change in the country and rooting for everything to fail?

[

Im seriously trying to understand where you are coming from here, because you seem very confused. Your premise is that some people (the left) want this to go on forever for political reasons, right?

And you post this article as evidence of your theory? The author says he believes leftist ideas may take hold and that he believes people are more open to big government (in part because of the Trump bailout). How do you turn that into the left likes this or wants this to last forever for political gain? It certainly never said it in the article.

Can you really not see the difference between being critical of how the virus was handled and wanting it to last forever? Can’t you see the difference between an article predicting politics may change in the country and rooting for everything to fail?
And theres the division. You dont see my point simply because you agree with the policies of those trying to take advantage of this crisis. Thats fine, thats your right. But at least be honest that this crisis is being used in the hopes of shifting toward leftist policies.

There are some lefties (not all) who want this to continue because the longer it goes on, the more the economy hurts, the more government is needed. More government need and control leads to more leftist policies.
James Clyburn, Gavin Newsome, every democrat who supported pelosis green energy stimulus that had nothing to do with coronavirus, and Chuck Todd agree with me.

Other policy decisions have to make you scratch your head, as well as saying we will never go back to normal. What?

Just because you agree with the policies doesn't make my point any less true. There is literal evidence of this in this very thread, but you choose to call it conspiracy.
Thats your choice to think all this is not relative to my point, I guess...but it is an interesting one.

Reactions: baseball31ne
And theres the division. You dont see my point simply because you agree with the policies of those trying to take advantage of this crisis. Thats fine, thats your right. But at least be honest that this crisis is being used in the hopes of shifting toward leftist policies.

There are some lefties (not all) who want this to continue because the longer it goes on, the more the economy hurts, the more government is needed. More government need and control leads to more leftist policies.
James Clyburn, Gavin Newsome, every democrat who supported pelosis green energy stimulus that had nothing to do with coronavirus, and Chuck Todd agree with me.

Other policy decisions have to make you scratch your head, as well as saying we will never go back to normal. What?

Just because you agree with the policies doesn't make my point any less true. There is literal evidence of this in this very thread, but you choose to call it conspiracy.
Thats your choice to think all this is not relative to my point, I guess...but it is an interesting one.

There you go again. If anyone doesn’t agree with an ultra-conservative conspiracy theory it must be because they are some “liberal”.

What you said was some want this to go on forever. That is complete and utter nonsense. The Chuck Todd article you linked, on no way agrees with your theory, it just states he thinks the country may move left as a result of this.

You accuse me of not playing along with this theory because I agree with the people you are accusing of wanting this to go on forever (your words). I don’t have a clue what the politics of the governor of California are and couldn’t pick James Clyburn out of a lineup. Maybe I chose not to believe a huge segment of our country wants to watch it burn, because that is insane.

There you go again. If anyone doesn’t agree with an ultra-conservative conspiracy theory it must be because they are some “liberal”.

What you said was some want this to go on forever. That is complete and utter nonsense. The Chuck Todd article you linked, on no way agrees with your theory, it just states he thinks the country may move left as a result of this.

You accuse me of not playing along with this theory because I agree with the people you are accusing of wanting this to go on forever (your words). I don’t have a clue what the politics of the governor of California are and couldn’t pick James Clyburn out of a lineup. Maybe I chose not to believe a huge segment of our country wants to watch it burn, because that is insane.
Ok, headcard. Some people would say bernies policies would make it burn. And you are going to ignore clyburn and newsome just because? And Im full of nonsense? Ok, well....looks like we are going to agree to disagree here.
There are some lefties wanting to use the coronavirus as an opportunity to enact their agenda. The longer this goes on, the better those chances get. It isnt difficult to understand. You are choosing to just ignore the evidence, thats on you. Ill let others be the judge.

Be healthy, good sir.

Ok, headcard. Some people would say bernies policies would make it burn. And you are going to ignore clyburn and newsome just because? And Im full of nonsense? Ok, well....looks like we are going to agree to disagree here.
There are some lefties wanting to use the coronavirus as an opportunity to enact their agenda. The longer this goes on, the better those chances get. It isnt difficult to understand. You are choosing to just ignore the evidence, thats on you. Ill let others be the judge.

Be healthy, good sir.

Yes, Bernies policies could be a disaster and yes, some will try to take political advantage of this (just like the right would if roles were reversed). But that is an entirely different discussion than weather or not people are trying to keep this going forever, for their own benefit. A theory for which no evidence has been provided.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
To pretend that only one side is using this to make changes is disingenuous at best. Trump fires the guy who did his sworn duty to report the whistleblower claim, he attacked an HHS official who reported on shortages asking when she was appointed (the answer was THIS YEAR). He then removed the person selected to oversee the CARES act spending. Republicans used the CARES act to roll back tax code that limited depreciation which will allow the super rich to refile taxes from 17-19 to get more $ back.

Democrats have absolutely also done crappy things like politicize the crisis and profit off inside info (well, both sides did that).

People wont forget. Paddleboarders, married couples, business owners, people who work for some businesses, history itself, doctors, children etc etc etc.

We the people have done things to help the people, changes and monies will be looked at ,absorbed, as all debts are paid.

But it was the people that built it, no other entity. We built the ability to help save ourselves, and the time is coming soon to start rebuilding our lives, getting back to normal, those in the way, beware

Reactions: OzzyLvr
How many deaths in NYC were people without underlying conditions?

How come Ohio credits distancing for the models being wrong, but the distancing didn't take place until after the models predicted the peak to hit?
Social distancing was taking place long before government entities made it official. Once things go rolling in Washington and the news stories started with cases in the midwest and other places, people rightly got the sh## scared out of them. People became much more conscience of their personal hygiene and personal space IMO. It was obvious where I'm at weeks before we had a positive test in the area. One restaurant owner I know went to 100% takeout a week before the state requested it.

To pretend that only one side is using this to make changes is disingenuous at best. Trump fires the guy who did his sworn duty to report the whistleblower claim, he attacked an HHS official who reported on shortages asking when she was appointed (the answer was THIS YEAR). He then removed the person selected to oversee the CARES act spending. Republicans used the CARES act to roll back tax code that limited depreciation which will allow the super rich to refile taxes from 17-19 to get more $ back.

Democrats have absolutely also done crappy things like politicize the crisis and profit off inside info (well, both sides did that).
Just wait for the facts. The mans got more trouble than being fired.

The people wont forget.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
To be fair, all the crazy conspiracies on this board happen to come from one side. If someone said something insane like “Republicans want the virus to last forever to kill poor people”. I would be happy to question that insanity, but I haven’t seen many of those kind of posts on here from that “side”.

To be fair, all the crazy conspiracies on this board happen to come from one side. If someone said something insane like “Republicans want the virus to last forever to kill poor people”. I would be happy to question that insanity, but I haven’t seen many of those kind of posts on here from that “side”.

I’ll make one up! We are only on lockdown to keep old people alive to vote for Trump in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT