ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't answer the question, because the measures should keep the 100 yard apart people from ever touching each other. So, again, how can it be ramping up if those measures are effective?
No, some will, just not many, possibly just two before all ten on the other side touch each other.
Then comes casual infection,but only early on, because of delay of symptoms,lack of known protections, each is multiplied in the dense area exponentially.

Lot of these guys are all talk and no walk. Now your average Breitbart commenter that's a Levin fan doesn't have the money to take NY or Mich to court. Nor do they have the influence to really spearhead such a movement.

Folks like Carlson, Levin and Hannity do. They all pretend to be outraged but they'd rather make a buck squawking about the end times of the country than attempting to do anything to save it. If it was really that bad you think they could be bothered to try. They fire off lawsuits for much less.

Agree or not with Trump's position he at at least stepped up to contribute.

Edit...same goes for any notables on the blue side

Last edited:
I applaud the site for allowing the discussion and discourse on the Covid threads. Whoever made that decision made a bold decision. My hope (and belief)is that the folks who chose to speak their mind and expose their personal beliefs will eventually become closer throughout the years participating on this site-maybe even meet each other at a game.

It’s become a routine to check in and reads comments now every night. My pendulum tends to swing a certain way with most issues, but this is a brand new game. Hence, my one and only post.

I now live in Texas, but grew up in Nebraska. I have one employee that has been instructed to quarantine, but was not given the test. However, I got a text from my mother (lives in Columbus) this morning to learn that her brother-in-law’s sister died from the virus. She lived in Lincoln. One of this types of ‘Aunt’s’ that are not blood, but was at every family reunion that you hope never caught you to give you a kiss.

Ultimately, I feel some reason to interject that I feel that it is going to be so critical to force the minions on both sides not to criticize the medical team that we listen to each night from the White House. Maybe this has been said already, but there are too many gullible people on both sides who will get lost in the political translation. These are the folks who need the most guidance. I find a high majority on here not be be ignorant, but rather those that have the potential to influence others. Stay away from criticizing the scientists. This is a one-off. Could it have been worse-probably, thank god its not.

I don’t know if I’m asking of anything, finally coming into my beliefs as I move forward, or just wanting to (not from a heroic standpoint) offer what I believe is a civilized approach to a very Benicial conversation you fellow fans are having.

I’m not going to proofread. Please make sense of it. Lol

My opinion is that Fauci would like to be more transparent on a timeline because for him there are no political considerations.

As we've all noted he's been fairly comfortable disagree with his boss on national TV when he needs to and hes not backed down from his process or vaccine estimate even as some fraction of his boss party thinks he's a deep state plant slow rolling the boss with his 12 - 18 month schtick.

As I noted in one of these threads I think Pence and Trump are hesitant to let antigen testing expectation get out because we either have no clue how many tests we'll actually have in three weeks or the number is highly subject to variability that the administration can't control.

There's a lot of political risk for Trump in saying they'll have 20 million antigen tests ready and then have to spin 5 million actually delivered as being way more than the actual covid tests done to date (2 million) if the antigen supplies don't materialize as expected.

Kudlow saying 4-8 weeks and everyone else putting out "test depending" just generally leads me to believe they are not sitting on a politically acceptable estimate right now. God knows Trump is impatient...if he had 50 million tests in his back pocket he'd have already briefed the nation about his most beautiful, best ever restart date.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
If we want to get technical, the only one here dishing personal attacks here is you with your calling me a tin foil crazy, etc (although I do not think mods should step in, dont get me wrong).

Does Sweden count? Or nay?
Do all scientists agree? Or nay?
Are other countries America? And are we debating the same thing even? In another post in this very thread, I agreed to be shut down for the next few weeks.
Who said coronavirus was a lie?

You seem very flustered because someone is questioning what your dear leaders are telling you. So flustered that you are chasing windmills.
Sweden's death rate from C19 is about 20 people per million higher than the US...and also higher than Norway and Denmark, who have done the same things we have. They (Sweden) are bracing for a likely surge in cases, and are contemplating putting measures in place.

You might want to hold off on using them as an example.

Reactions: egaRdeR
Lockdowns IMO happened in New York because people were ignoring pleas for social distancing. It also was probably the only way they could keep people off of subways.

It is very simple to shut the subway down. If their goal was simply to keep people off them they could have.

The government there has shown their hand and it is totalitarian control. Except there's way too many people so they can only enforce the shutdown against people with skin in the game ie business owners.

Maybe put your money where you mouth is......

I have no doubt that your local grocery store or Wal-Mart will gladly take your help bagging groceries.
Pretty legit to me.....

You seem to think that this isn't a big deal, and we need to end social distancing (that is what you led off with, right?). No better way to practice what you preach than by helping out in a place with limited social distancing.

What's the problem?

Whew, good thing they set up those hospital tents.

Is Alex Berenson a medical or infectious disease expert?

Who is he, and why should I put greater stock in him over those that actually know things about diseases?

And.....has it dawned on you that the tent can be redeployed because protective measures in that state are working?

Last edited:
Pretty legit to me.....

You seem to think that this isn't a big deal, and we need to end social distancing (that is what you led off with, right?). No better way to practice what you preach than by helping out in a place with limited social distancing.

What's the problem?

I give you an out and you double down... Your kind is not needed here. If you can't add anything of substance just sit it out.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Sweden's death rate from C19 is about 20 people per million higher than the US...and also higher than Norway and Denmark, who have done the same things we have. They (Sweden) are bracing for a likely surge in cases, and are contemplating putting measures in place.

You might want to hold off on using them as an example.
The Swedes zigged when they should have zagged and did it when Europe was already the epicenter of infection.

I give you an out and you double down... Your kind is not needed here. If you can't add anything of substance just sit it out.
Yeah....I doubled down. I don't need an out.

And....we're all allowed here. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. You're not the judge of what is and isn't "of substance".....and I could make the same argument that much of what you post isn't of substance...except in the opinion of the wearers of the tin foil.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Yeah....I doubled down. I don't need an out.

And....we're all allowed here. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. You're not the judge of what is and isn't "of substance".....and I could make the same argument that much of what you post isn't of substance...except in the opinion of the wearers of the tin foil.
I like facts. I’m not sure who that dude is but he posts interesting stuff. I’m interested in a lot of the stats both good and bad but it seems the further we go the likelihood we went to nuts is correct. Antibody testing hopefully will soon give us a true picture so we can all chill out and rally around each other.

Is Alex Berenson a medical or infectious disease expert?

Who is he, and why should I put greater stock in him over those that actually know things about diseases?

And.....has it dawned on you that the tent can be redeployed because protective measures in that state are working?

If you're not smart enough to look up a person or separate the information from the messenger youre even more hopeless than your inability to do math has indicated.

Has it occurred to you the tents were never going to be needed?

It was a good idea to be prepared. But the people latching on to them to show the seriousness were wrong. And it shows how far they overshot.

Did you ever figure out how long it is until we all die based on your deaths doubling statement? When you do post it be sure to show your work. I bet it will be very insightful.

If you're not smart enough to look up a person or separate the information from the messenger youre even more hopeless than your inability to do math has indicated.

Has it occurred to you the tents were never going to be needed?

It was a good idea to be prepared. But the people latching on to them to show the seriousness were wrong. And it shows how far they overshot.

Did you ever figure out how long it is until we all die based on your deaths doubling statement? When you do post it be sure to show your work. I bet it will be very insightful.
Never claimed that everyone would die. All I said what that without measures, 100,000 could be dead by the end of May. That was my ultimate point....and I stand by it. Fauci is saying 60,000, even with measures. Does he qualify, or do you know more than he does?

And no....when you present info from someone, it is on you to explain why that person should be taken as an expert. It is not on the rest of us to research his bonafides.

And (again)...the reason they overshot on their initial estimates is because measures worked. Maybe be happy about it, instead of complaining and (for some unknown reason) gloating at the same time.

I like facts. I’m not sure who that dude is but he posts interesting stuff. I’m interested in a lot of the stats both good and bad but it seems the further we go the likelihood we went to nuts is correct. Antibody testing hopefully will soon give us a true picture so we can all chill out and rally around each other.
If it is shown we went nuts it is because the measures that were taken worked. I'd rather only have to do this once, not repeat every 2-3 months.

And, if they can't test everyone for the virus, there's no way that they can test everybody for the antibodies, either.

The dude is a quack. I challenged him to volunteer to go work somewhere where there are large volumes of people if he thinks this is such a joke. You and I both know he won't do anything of the sort.

Never claimed that everyone would die. All I said what that without measures, 100,000 could be dead by the end of May. That was my ultimate point....and I stand by it. Fauci is saying 60,000, even with measures. Does he qualify, or do you know more than he does?

And no....when you present info from someone, it is on you to explain why that person should be taken as an expert. It is not on the rest of us to research his bonafides.

And (again)...the reason they overshot on their initial estimates is because measures worked. Maybe be happy about it, instead of complaining and (for some unknown reason) gloating at the same time.

You made an assinine claim, stated you were using incorrect numbers, were shown to be wrong by multiple posters, say you stand by your claim but won't answer simple questions about it. Fauci hasn't been been right once so idk why anyone is listening to him.

Idk who you think you are but that's cute telling me what I need to do.

They didn't overshoot beacause of the measures they took. They were never right in the 1st place. See Ohio.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/more-warning-signs-in-sweden/

Nor is there much indication that the Swedish economy is weathering the storm better than comparable countries. The drop in the stock market and the rise in unemployment are roughly in line with other advanced economies. According to official Swedish estimates, Sweden’s GDP is expected to contract by 3.4 percent this year, which is better than the 5.5 percent decline projected in a euro zone dragged down by Italy and Spain, but worse than the 2.9 percent decline prognosticated for the United States. If these prognoses are accurate, the Swedish experiment might indicate that the economic effects of the pandemic cannot be escaped by a laissez-faire approach, but that the crash is mainly driven by declining global demand, disruption in production chains, and a collective fear and loss of confidence among billions across the globe.

I think you're making some incorrect assumptions here. Go back and read all the messages and let me know if you have questions.
If you're talking about the "quote" from Newsom, I actually found the video of his press conference and listened to what he said. I didn't just pass on a fake quote like you did.

If you're talking about the "quote" from Newsom, I actually found the video of his press conference and listened to what he said. I didn't just pass on a fake quote like you did.

Well shit dude, post it then and stop being dramatic. The video should settle it. Let us all see how fake the quote is.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/more-warning-signs-in-sweden/

Nor is there much indication that the Swedish economy is weathering the storm better than comparable countries. The drop in the stock market and the rise in unemployment are roughly in line with other advanced economies. According to official Swedish estimates, Sweden’s GDP is expected to contract by 3.4 percent this year, which is better than the 5.5 percent decline projected in a euro zone dragged down by Italy and Spain, but worse than the 2.9 percent decline prognosticated for the United States. If these prognoses are accurate, the Swedish experiment might indicate that the economic effects of the pandemic cannot be escaped by a laissez-faire approach, but that the crash is mainly driven by declining global demand, disruption in production chains, and a collective fear and loss of confidence among billions across the globe.

The unemployment rate in Sweden rose to 8.2 percent in February of 2020 from 7.3 percent in the same month of the previous year and above market expectations of 7.3 percent. The rate was the highest since June of 2015, as the number of unemployed went to by 57 thousand to 454 thousand while employed increased by 47 thousand to 5.077 million. The activity rate rose to 73.4 percent from 72.7 percent a year ago while the employment rate dropped to 67.4 percent vs 68 percent. In the previous month, the jobless rate was lower at 7.5 percent. Seasonally adjusted, the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent, up from 7.1 percent in the previous month.

That's cute. Sweden's unemployment rate has risen 1-2% not 10%+ other places are encountering.

https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/unemployment-rate

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The unemployment rate in Sweden rose to 8.2 percent in February of 2020 from 7.3 percent in the same month of the previous year and above market expectations of 7.3 percent. The rate was the highest since June of 2015, as the number of unemployed went to by 57 thousand to 454 thousand while employed increased by 47 thousand to 5.077 million. The activity rate rose to 73.4 percent from 72.7 percent a year ago while the employment rate dropped to 67.4 percent vs 68 percent. In the previous month, the jobless rate was lower at 7.5 percent. Seasonally adjusted, the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent, up from 7.1 percent in the previous month.

That's cute. Sweden's unemployment rate has risen 1-2% not 10%+ other places are encountering.

https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/unemployment-rate

What did the US look like in February? How does that mean anything to a pandemic that has hit in March?

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...kdown-deaths-approach-500-unemployment-soars/

On Monday, the Swedish Public Employment Service’s chief analyst Annika Sundén stated that since March 1st, 50,000 people were notified they would be losing their jobs, a level dwarfing that of the 2008 financial crisis and the economic crisis of the 1990s.

“Last week, we saw a significant influx of people who applied for unemployment at the Employment Service. Last week, 25,350 people registered as unemployed. This is a very high figure — higher than any individual week during the financial crisis,” Sundén said.

Washington sounds like a success story. It’s almost like safe distancing practices have worked there. Must be a typo though.
I have been basically quarantined for a month and I know most out here are doing the same thing. That means NO contact we get stuff delivered and we order groceries online and just go have it loaded. Neighbors are hesitant to talk and if they do gather its from a distance. So yes I would say its working

Here is the problem - We cant and everyone cant do this for much longer. There comes a point when your mind just says screw it I will take my chances. Now I realize the issue with this virus is that you can infect others even if you are not showing symptoms. So you need to think of others also, its not just your risk. We really need those antibody tests asap. Even though I am in high risk category if I was not risking other peoples lives, I think I would say screw it and go to a bar have a drink and get on my life, even knowing the risks

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You made an assinine claim, stated you were using incorrect numbers, were shown to be wrong by multiple posters, say you stand by your claim but won't answer simple questions about it. Fauci hasn't been been right once so idk why anyone is listening to him.

Idk who you think you are but that's cute telling me what I need to do.

They didn't overshoot beacause of the measures they took. They were never right in the 1st place. See Ohio.
Although I dont agree with alot of what you posts, I am starting to question this Fauci guy. I think having scientists involved in making policy is really stupid. Their minds do not work the same way as most people. According to Fauci the response would be a success if we limit the deaths but end up as a third world country economically

Although I dont agree with alot of what you posts, I am starting to question this Fauci guy. I think having scientists involved in making policy is really stupid. Their minds do not work the same way as most people. According to Fauci the response would be a success if we limit the deaths but end up as a third world country economically

He is recommending practices, not making policy. It’s pretty clear that we are effectively reducing the spread of the virus which is his goal.

He is recommending practices, not making policy. It’s pretty clear that we are effectively reducing the spread of the virus which is his goal.
I especially did not like him standing up for the head of WHO - after how badly he screwed the world. Its maybe not his fault but the liberal left hive mind has latched onto this guy as a counter to Trump. What he says is being parroted by the MSM and the hive mind as the only way to proceed.

I especially did not like him standing up for the head of WHO - after how badly he screwed the world. Its maybe not his fault but the liberal left hive mind has latched onto this guy as a counter to Trump. What he says is being parroted by the MSM and the hive mind as the only way to proceed.

The man has been trusted to be the voice for public health by Reagan, both Bush’s, Clinton, Obama and now Trump. He has a 78% approval rating to 7% disapproval. He is about as no spin as it gets in a political position from what I’ve seen.

Regarding the WHO, we need it to be functional and need to cooperate as much as possible. Trying to understand and manage viruses coming from all over the globe without them is not going to work. Not saying they’re perfect, but the more we can drive politics out of public health the better outcomes we can achieve.

We would reduce the spread without doing anything...

Eventually, sure...you would find the downward slope of the curve. The same argument could be made about the economy also, do nothing and it will eventually bounce back anyway.

But the facts show that the measures are reducing spread, data indicates the economy started going downhill before “lockdowns” started. The “shining star” of doing nothing is also seeing huge financial impact and has their politicians scrambling to enact laws that let them issue their own “lockdowns”.

It seems logical to claim doing “nothing” would mean no economic impact, but that’s a pipe dream, nothing operates in a vacuum, the economy was going to have substantial negative impact regardless of “lockdown” orders. To argue otherwise shows ignorance to human behaviors and how the world economies function.

The man has been trusted to be the voice for public health by Reagan, both Bush’s, Clinton, Obama and now Trump. He has a 78% approval rating to 7% disapproval. He is about as no spin as it gets in a political position from what I’ve seen.

Regarding the WHO, we need it to be functional and need to cooperate as much as possible. Trying to understand and manage viruses coming from all over the globe without them is not going to work. Not saying they’re perfect, but the more we can drive politics out of public health the better outcomes we can achieve.
My point exactly

• Fauci is as far as I know a decent man and I am sure a good Dr - so what? that is not the point the point is everyone on the left especially is taking his word as policy. When he says we need to keep things locked down, I am sure he is right from a virus standpoint but from an overall affect on our country he has no clue. Yet people are taking his statement as policy and if Trump dares to say maybe we should open things up a bit he is a mass murderer.
  • WHO - Not saying they're perfect ??? Really? the numbers being floated put there is that 95% of this could have been avoided if China hadf been honest and/or the WHO had not been their pawns. How many have died ? - I think at the very least it is time for a major shakeup or if that is not possible defund it and form something completely new - If they can not be relied on to be honest when there is a pandemic they have no useful purpose for America

dr fauci is, like every doctor, extremely conservative when it comes to risk mitigation. he literally said we should never go back to shaking hands. ever.

his advice should be weighed alongside economists who are also experts in their fields when it comes to making policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT