ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, all the crazy conspiracies on this board happen to come from one side. If someone said something insane like “Republicans want the virus to last forever to kill poor people”. I would be happy to question that insanity, but I haven’t seen many of those kind of posts on here from that “side”.
Understand, just long enough.
Policy, laws.
Lifes coming back on line soon, and doctors aren't policy setters, but give advice as advisers.

Waiting too long benefits who? Waiting too long creates what? Waiting too long finds fault on whom?

Changing things that doesnt have anything to do with a crisis can be viewed as what?
Taking advantage of things can turn bad on whom?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
To be fair, all the crazy conspiracies on this board happen to come from one side. If someone said something insane like “Republicans want the virus to last forever to kill poor people”. I would be happy to question that insanity, but I haven’t seen many of those kind of posts on here from that “side”.
We ALL need to just try with all of our souls to leave politics and the politics of this situation OUT of this discussion. Nobody's mind is going to change and it will cost us the opportunity to discuss the progression of the epidemic and relevant statistical and medical changes. There is no doubt that most media outlets and the Democrats are trying to paint the President as negatively as they can. That's not a new phenomena. It's disgusting IMO, but it's nothing new. I don't think Trump being out there patting himself on the back about the job he's doing is a visual I like right now either. We need to all be pulling together right now instead of trying to assign blame.

I want to see the serology tests make their impact.
The cdcs guidelines to getting back doesn't mention the millions who have the antibodies, unless I missed it?

Reactions: bluenrg
We ALL need to just try with all of our souls to leave politics and the politics of this situation OUT of this discussion. Nobody's mind is going to change and it will cost us the opportunity to discuss the progression of the epidemic and relevant statistical and medical changes. There is no doubt that most media outlets and the Democrats are trying to paint the President as negatively as they can. That's not a new phenomena. It's disgusting IMO, but it's nothing new. I don't think Trump being out there patting himself on the back about the job he's doing is a visual I like right now either. We need to all be pulling together right now instead of trying to assign blame.
Thank you

In your opinion, depending on numbers, which I haven't seen counted at all, how do you think those with the antibody and fully cured will effect us climbing out of this?

They appear to be maybe now bulletproof from the virus

I’m not buying any conspiracy about the virus. This thing is real and dangerous as hell to a certain group of people. With that said let’s protect that group and not ruin our country because of something that will probably kill way under 1% of the population.
I'm hearing a moderation from Fauci these past couple of days about what he thinks the progression of this thing this summer in to fall will be. Maybe it's fatigue but he's already said that he thinks kids will go back to school this fall. Now he said on TV today that we may be able to re-open some things early this summer. I don't know what it will take for them to allow bars and restaurants to reopen. IMO, WHEN that happens in each area that will be the signal that we're really on the way back. My number #1 concern right now since we've got the spread slowed down is KEEPING SUPPLY CHAINS OPEN. We HAVE to have supplies on grocery store shelves.

It has become laughable reading all these threads and you are one of the worst posters pushing anything political. One side my ass.

In another thread you grouped me in as one of Trump's cult following... Thats absurd. My main reason like i stated before he was the best candidate available at the time. And the dems put another complete shit show up again this year with senial Joe. Maybe you should stop blaming Trump and blame all other parties that can not get there shit together. They have been a joke for years.

I'm hearing a moderation from Fauci these past couple of days about what he thinks the progression of this thing this summer in to fall will be. Maybe it's fatigue but he's already said that he thinks kids will go back to school this fall. Now he said on TV today that we may be able to re-open some things early this summer. I don't know what it will take for them to allow bars and restaurants to reopen. IMO, WHEN that happens in each area that will be the signal that we're really on the way back. My number #1 concern right now since we've got the spread slowed down is KEEPING SUPPLY CHAINS OPEN. We HAVE to have supplies on grocery store shelves.
That's just it, did Fauci even mention them? I see where he's mentioned those without, precautions for those without etc, but not one mention of potentially millions of people ready now, as we speak, safe to do whatever.

If we only count those who tested positive, my guess is theres more that's never been been tested who are over it.
Testing the front side is important, but testing the back side, those who've had it and recovered, never showed symptoms,symptoms misapplied etc is even more important, we need to find out if these folks can even have relapses, or, put two and two together to find out what level, over time, does antibody count fade enough for relapse etc.

In your opinion, depending on numbers, which I haven't seen counted at all, how do you think those with the antibody and fully cured will effect us climbing out of this?

They appear to be maybe now bulletproof from the virus
I think antibody testing will be a big deal. IMO, Fauci is already getting some data from early antibody testing and they're finding much more widespread antibody presence than they thought. I think there are way more people who had very mild or no symptoms than they thought. Birx hinted at that today. Obviously IF you've got antibodies you can go about go about business without concern. I would love personally to have my family take antibody tests. I had a friend who went to Minneapolis to babysit his grandkids. His family member travels widely around the U.S. and some foreign places. He picked up a horrible viral infection that in hindsight fit very well COVID-19, but it happened in late January/early February. He had about 2 weeks of lethargy, cardiac symptoms, horrible cough, headaches, body aches etc. He may have given the same virus to my wife and I also but we didn't get as sick as him. I would LOVE for him to be tested for COVID-19 antibodies.

If you recover and get a week out from your fever, it would be very unlikely to have a relapse. You could experience some organ failure which could lead to your death weeks after you've recovered from the viremia though.

It has become laughable reading all these threads and you are one of the worst posters pushing anything political. One side my ass.

In another thread you grouped my in as one of Trump's cult following... Thats absurd. My main reason like i stated before he was the beat candidate available at the time. And the dems put another complete shit show up again this year with senial Joe. Maybe you should stop blamimg Trump and blame all other parties that can not get there ahit together. They have been a joke for years.

First I did not say you were part of the cult like following. I said he has a faction of his supporters that are very cult like and you took exception to it. And I’ve tried to tell you that, repeatedly.

You like to attack me every chance you get, but it doesn’t seem like you actually read anything I write. In another thread you said all I do is attack Trump, when no one was talking about Trump. Same here, don’t think I’ve said anything about him in this thread. Other than I didn’t buy the theory that the evil left, is making this whole thing up to beat Trump in an election. I know crazy.

I have went on and on about the issues with the Democratic Party. They are a complete shit show and have been for a very long time. I talk about the issues with the Democratic Party in these threads a lot and I am extremely fed up with them. I thought Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate and part of everything wrong with politics and that’s why I voted for Trump. That doesn’t mean I have to buy into conspiracies like the one above.

And yes, conspiracy theories like this have only been coming from one “side” on this board. If you can show me a conspiracy theory, like that, from the “other side”, on this board, I would love to see it.

In another thread you grouped me in as one of Trump's cult following... Thats absurd. My main reason like i stated before he was the best candidate available at the time. And the dems put another complete shit show up again this year with senial Joe. Maybe you should stop blaming Trump and blame all other parties that can not get there shit together. They have been a joke for years.
I'm a Trump voter but PLEASE for the love of Pete leave politics off of this now. If you don't, you'll get the thread locked and receive a vacation.

Reactions: leodisflowers
If we only count those who tested positive, my guess is theres more that's never been been tested who are over it.
Testing the front side is important, but testing the back side, those who've had it and recovered, never showed symptoms,symptoms misapplied etc is even more important, we need to find out if these folks can even have relapses, or, put two and two together to find out what level, over time, does antibody count fade enough for relapse etc.

The administration has not mentioned specific numbers. In the other thread I had about having a season I posted some articles where they are talking about using wide spread testing to help drive the re-opening of the economy. But they haven't committed to what kind of testing they'll have available except to "hope they'll have millions in May" (paraphrase).

There was an article on a medical website that attempted to do some rough cuts about how many folks in the labor force could potentially be part of the herd now, and the number they came up with was 36 million.

However the problem is, We don't know who those 36 million people are and we don't appear to have any infrastructure in place to find them out in short order.

Apparently Trump has announced we have done 2 million covid tests as of this week. If we can't get antigen tests in greater numbers, clearing people as part of the herd could take awhile. Edit: I believe this to be the basis of Rickett's "testing won't be at the level we need it for a few months" quote.

Kudlow also said it could be 4-8 weeks to the question of opening the economy up. I have a strong suspicion his timeline is tied to whenever they think they can have at least a few million tests available, I highly doubt we're going to have 20, 30, 40, 50 million tests available in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
First I did not say you were part of the cult like following. I said he has a faction of his supporters that are very cult like and you took exception to it.

You like to attack me every chance you get, but it doesn’t seem like you actually read anything I write. In another thread you said all I do is attack Trump, when no one was talking about Trump. Same here, don’t think I’ve said anything about him in this thread. Other than I didn’t buy the theory that the evil left, is making this whole thing up to beat Trump.

I have went on and on about the issues with the Democratic Party. They are a complete shit show and have been for a very long time. I talk about the issues with the Democratic Party in these threads a lot and I am extremely fed up with them. I thought Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate and part of everything wrong with politics and that’s why I voted for Trump. That doesn’t mean I have to buy into conspiracies like the one above or make up excuses for his blunders.

And yes, conspiracy theories like this have only been coming from one “side” on this board. If you can show me a conspiracy theory, like that, from the “other side”, on this board, I would love to see it.
Please try to ignore the political discussions. It's pointless. Nobody changes their mind.

Well, in some states and cities they are mandating what you can sell and buy in grocery stores. Sounds pretty extreme to rational folks.
Also, youre going to have a problem with products being supplied that grocery items need...such as plastics, packaging, etc.
Thats a concern.
And yes, people are walking back these crazy models because they were just that...crazy. But we have another group of people saying things will never get back to normal....lockdown through summer....no football season (economy is my worry there)....18 months....etc etc even though this isn't proving to be near as bad as we thought. I think these people need called out for it and we need to pump the brakes. If that means I’m being controversial or argumentative, so be it. Its true!

I think antibody testing will be a big deal. IMO, Fauci is already getting some data from early antibody testing and they're finding much more widespread antibody presence than they thought. I think there are way more people who had very mild or no symptoms than they thought. Birx hinted at that today. Obviously IF you've got antibodies you can go about go about business without concern. I would love personally to have my family take antibody tests. I had a friend who went to Minneapolis to babysit his grandkids. His family member travels widely around the U.S. and some foreign places. He picked up a horrible viral infection that in hindsight fit very well COVID-19, but it happened in late January/early February. He had about 2 weeks of lethargy, cardiac symptoms, horrible cough, headaches, body aches etc. He may have given the same virus to my wife and I also but we didn't get as sick as him. I would LOVE for him to be tested for COVID-19 antibodies.

If you recover and get a week out from your fever, it would be very unlikely to have a relapse. You could experience some organ failure which could lead to your death weeks after you've recovered from the viremia though.
Yea, a lot to clean up.
It just seems he's too one sided, treating only the uninfected side, and confusing policy with doctoring, when IMO, like yours, the promise is held on the back side of this, where we hear crickets about it.

First I did not say you were part of the cult like following. I said he has a faction of his supporters that are very cult like and you took exception to it. And I’ve tried to tell you that, repeatedly.

You like to attack me every chance you get, but it doesn’t seem like you actually read anything I write. In another thread you said all I do is attack Trump, when no one was talking about Trump. Same here, don’t think I’ve said anything about him in this thread. Other than I didn’t buy the theory that the evil left, is making this whole thing up to beat Trump in an election. I know crazy.

I have went on and on about the issues with the Democratic Party. They are a complete shit show and have been for a very long time. I talk about the issues with the Democratic Party in these threads a lot and I am extremely fed up with them. I thought Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate and part of everything wrong with politics and that’s why I voted for Trump. That doesn’t mean I have to buy into conspiracies like the one above.

I also never said that the left is making this whole thing up.
“Doesnt seem like you actually read anything I write.” Hey there pot, meet kettle!
And again, how is it a conspiracy theory when I have literally shown you instances of people using this for political gain or agenda??

No i read everything you write. And if you feel attacked you must be sensitive person. But i do see you attacking other peoples oppinions. But its cool we have different visions. Doesnt bug me either way.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Ok folks, c’mom. Give me some numbers.

If there are _____ cases by ______, we can go back to normal. whatd’ya say? Or waiting for someone else to tell you what to think?

Let's hear it.

Reactions: leodisflowers
The administration has not mentioned specific numbers. In the other thread I had about having a season I posted some articles where they are talking about using wide spread testing to help drive the re-opening of the economy. But they haven't committed to what kind of testing they'll have available except to "hope they'll have millions in May" (paraphrase).

There was an article on a medical website that attempted to do some rough cuts about how many folks in the labor force could potentially be part of the herd now, and the number they came up with was 36 million.

However the problem is, We don't know who those 36 million people are and we don't appear to have any infrastructure in place to find them out in short order.

Apparently Trump has announced we have done 2 million covid tests as of this week. If we can't get antigen tests in greater numbers, clearing people as part of the herd could take awhile.

Kudlow also said it could be 4-8 weeks to the question of opening the economy up. I have a strong suspicion his timeline is tied to whenever they think they can have at least a few million tests available, I highly doubt we're going to have 20, 30, 40, 50 million tests available in 3 weeks.
Yea, too many tests from what I've read.
I've read two million to who knows how many a day is what I've heard, but the tests, which will likely include the German one, as well as others, with as many manufacturers we can get, could ramp them faster than we can test.

I also never said that the left is making this whole thing up.
“Doesnt seem like you actually read anything I write.” Hey there pot, meet kettle!
And again, how is it a conspiracy theory when I have literally shown you instances of people using this for political gain or agenda??
You have not given one single example of what you originally claimed. You said the left wants this to last forever, for their own benefit. Nothing you linked showed that. People using this for political gain is a whole different discussion that people wanting this to go on forever. Wanting to be on stay at home orders, wanting unemployment to soar and the economy to crash.

That's just it, did Fauci even mention them? I see where he's mentioned those without, precautions for those without etc, but not one mention of potentially millions of people ready now, as we speak, safe to do whatever.
I didn't hear Fauci talk about it but Birx did briefly. They're still in an assessment phase I believe starting most likely with healthcare workers. There's a limit on how many tests they can run. As they get more data back to confirm what Brix hinted at today, they'll start dribbling it out to limit the damage to their own credibility if they were way off on their projections of asymptomatic infections. It will be very interesting if they can get widespread antibody testing up and running. Really you wouldn't have to test whole populations. You could do for instance a population study in a given small community which has had community spread and probably predict what the rate would be in other populations with a similar timeline of infections.

Yea, too many tests from what I've read.
I've read two million to who knows how many a day is what I've heard, but the tests, which will likely include the German one, as well as others, with as many manufacturers we can get, could ramp them faster than we can test.

One thing that's been noticeable to me is that I've already posted about how the FDA has this list of mostly Chinese manufactured tests that are going to be coming on the market here soon. You also have various folks on the Task Force or in HHS or somewhere in the adminstration talking about the importance of "widely available, *accurate* testing".

It almost feels like they are prepping to combat this wave of widely available, potentially low quality/high failure rate, foreign tests we will soon have access to.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm a Trump voter but PLEASE for the love of Pete leave politics off of this now. If you don't, you'll get the thread locked and receive a vacation.
You can call my post out all you want. You must have ignored all the above post. But i never hurled insults called anyone names. But yes i will call somone out for attacking other peoples oppinions if they do not agree with his own.

No i read everything you write. And if you feel attacked you must be sensitive person. But i do see you attacking other peoples oppinions. But its cool we have different visions. Doesnt bug me either way.
When do I ever come out of the blue and call posters out like you just did (again)? Sorry I chose to question and then disagree with a conspiracy theory. That’s not a political agenda, it’s just a little common sense. We all need this to be over and need the economy to be strong, suggesting otherwise is insane.

Ok folks, c’mom. Give me some numbers.

If there are _____ cases by ______, we can go back to normal. whatd’ya say? Or waiting for someone else to tell you what to think?

Let's hear it.
Right now, we're stuck on the old curve. The only thing that surpasses this is those already cured, my guess is 16 million, and depends on when they test that many folks.
But, theyre planning interim getting back to work, with people not ever having the virus first, my guess, at next essential work places.
Depending on age, or curve of the virus spread, area to area region to region, according to the governors etc, it'll be smallish and scattered.
But it'll see a huge boost once we get the serolgy testing on line.

They haven't even been approved yet, but trust me, you will hear about them.
.The "kits" I've heard referenced have been test kits for the virus not antibodies. There's several rapid test kits for the virus that were to start shipping this week I believe.

You can call my post out all you want. You must have ignored all the above post. But i never hurled insults called anyone names. But yes i will call somone out for attacking other peoples oppinions if they do not agree with his own.
I understand that. The point is that IF we want to continue to discuss on this board THE VIRUS we need to let the political stuff roll off our backs and stay on topic. It's difficult.

Reactions: nwualum
JMO, people thinking Fauci has to cover his butt I think is off base.

Guy's 80 years old and has a nice retirement coming. He doesn't really have anything to prove to anyone. When this washes over he'll be the butt of a few jokes in Breitbart comment section, but the only thing people are going to remember about this period in history is Trump and his response (whether they deem it good or bad). Edit: and that will probably only get minor play, most history books will probably just mention Great Depression II if we get there.

When we talk about the recession just prior to this one, we don't talk about Paulson vs Geithner, we talk about Bush vs Obama. And that was only 10 years ago. Good luck asking the man on the street the names of any of FDR New Deal friends.

This will be no different. Fauci isn't going to be in any history book.

Reactions: headcard
.The "kits" I've heard referenced have been test kits for the virus not antibodies. There's several rapid test kits for the virus that were to start shipping this week I believe.
Yea, antibody tests approvals in about ten days to clear approval, then instruction and ramp up.
They'll also try to spread testing out as much as possible.
It would do well to have some legal approval attached to this, like someone given official affirmation on the tests, and a certificate or something to hand to an employer or an overzealous state cop.

JMO, people thinking Fauci has to cover his butt I think is off base.

Guy's 80 years old and has a nice retirement coming. He doesn't really have anything to prove to anyone. When this washes over he'll be the butt of a few jokes in Breitbart comment section, but the only thing people are going to remember about this period in history is Trump and his response (whether they deem it good or bad). Edit: and that will probably only get minor play, most history books will probably just mention Great Depression II if we get there.

When we talk about the recession just prior to this one, we don't talk about Paulson vs Geithner, we talk about Bush vs Obama. And that was only 10 years ago. Good luck asking the man on the street the names of any of FDR New Deal friends.

This will be no different. Fauci isn't going to be in any history book.
Fauci lives in a bubble, no disrespect, but he hasn't missed one day of work, has if anything completed and is working on his lifes work right now.
Talking policy on us stuck at home, gaining no incentives of monies or accomplishments, he lives in his bubble and needs to be a doctor, not talk on policy.

Fauci lives in a bubble, no disrespect, but he hasn't missed one day of work, has if anything completed and is working on his lifes work right now.
Talking policy on us stuck at home, gaining no incentives of monies or accomplishments, he lives in his bubble and needs to be a doctor, not talk on policy.

He is being a doctor. His name isn't on any policy. Trump's is. And Trump is free to ignore Fauci if he so chooses.

Well, in some states and cities they are mandating what you can sell and buy in grocery stores. Sounds pretty extreme to rational folks.
Also, youre going to have a problem with products being supplied that grocery items need...such as plastics, packaging, etc.
Thats a concern.
And yes, people are walking back these crazy models because they were just that...crazy. But we have another group of people saying things will never get back to normal....lockdown through summer....no football season (economy is my worry there)....18 months....etc etc even though this isn't proving to be near as bad as we thought. I think these people need called out for it and we need to pump the brakes. If that means I’m being controversial or argumentative, so be it. Its true!
Man I really don't think the early models were crazy at all. I was very concerned when this thing hit our shores. It COULD have been MUCH MUCH worse if had done nothing and make no mistake Nebraska and the surrounding areas are just getting started with this deal. The Dakotas' numbers are ramping up and I heard from family that they have cases in some nursing homes in Fargo now.

IMO, the actions that responsible private citizens took weeks before governmental entities mandated them helped us IMMENSELY. Weeks before we had any cases in the Omaha area other than the evacuees, I flew out of Omaha to Boston and man if you coughed people's heads snapped up. Granted they weren't at the 6' distance, but people were respecting personal space much better than they normally do.

Man I really don't think the early models were crazy at all. I was very concerned when this thing hit our shores. It COULD have been MUCH MUCH worse if had done nothing and make no mistake Nebraska and the surrounding areas are just getting started with this deal. The Dakotas' numbers are ramping up and I heard from family that they have cases in some nursing homes in Fargo now.

IMO, the actions that responsible private citizens took weeks before governmental entities mandated them helped us IMMENSELY. Weeks before we had any cases in the Omaha area other than the evacuees, I flew out of Omaha to Boston and man if you coughed people's heads snapped up. Granted they weren't at the 6' distance, but people were respecting personal space much better than they normally do.
Ok, how bout the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT