ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Prime struggling on signing day

Deion is objectively very entertaining and extremely successful

If he flops at CU, it’ll be the first time something he touched didn’t turn to gold

Sucks he’s at CU because he’s super easy to root for

We better beat them next year
You're kidding right? First time he touched something that didn't turn to gold? Were you born yesterday? Google. Give it a try.

images

Reactions: dinglefritz
What a dumbass post. The players on your team are all your players. That how it works when you take the job. And Nebraska has every chance to go improve personnel, just like CU or anyone else, we just happen to have a professional coach and not an immature, selfish clown in charge.
Dumbass is taking coachspeak at face value. I’m not sure what the point of posting that tweet in the context of this thread is otherwise.

But lol at Rhule and Ferentz sticking with the guys they have (like they haven’t been exploring interest from the portal) as “professional”. But Deion firing personnel to upgrade the position as immature and selfish. Double standards… I have no doubt why you have them.

Reactions: Maxout30
Dumbass is taking coachspeak at face value. I’m not sure what the point of posting that tweet in the context of this thread is otherwise.

But lol at Rhule and Ferentz sticking with the guys they have (like they haven’t been exploring interest from the portal) as “professional”. But Deion firing personnel to upgrade the position as immature and selfish. Double standards… I have no doubt why you have them.

You really are one clueless son of a bitch. Telling your team to leave, because you are going to replace them with prettier purses is Busch League and unprofessional. Not surprised you can't see that.

Last edited:
I never cared much for Sanders and for all I care, he can lose every single game he coaches. But college football's "soul" was sold to the highest bidder long before Deion ever got involved, and long before NIL and the transfer portal existed.
Idk if you’re referring to players being paid under the table, which has been happening forever, or what, but Deion’s model is a completely different level of championing the individual over the team.

I don’t believe there’s ever been another coach where it’s been a foregone conclusion that he’s a 1-2 year rental like Deion, and he does it with the knowledge that he’s taking half the players with him.

Go back to the early 2000’s Miami teams. Largely built by Butch Davis, there wasn’t a massive exodus when he left for the NFL. If Saban or Smart left for the NFL today, half of their starters would leave.

Idk if you’re referring to players being paid under the table, which has been happening forever, or what, but Deion’s model is a completely different level of championing the individual over the team.

I don’t believe there’s ever been another coach where it’s been a foregone conclusion that he’s a 1-2 year rental like Deion, and he does it with the knowledge that he’s taking half the players with him.

Go back to the early 2000’s Miami teams. Largely built by Butch Davis, there wasn’t a massive exodus when he left for the NFL. If Saban or Smart left for the NFL today, half of their starters would leave.
I'm mostly referring to a couple of decades of ADs making football coaches, and themselves, rich beyond most people's wildest dreams by handing out 5/6/7 year contact extensions when both parties knew damn well that the coach would be long gone upon the first better offer, or shitcanned as soon the W-L record didn't meet expectations. That long-running scam did more to create the transfer portal than any players' rights movement ever did.

After watching this unfold for the last 20-25 years, I find it odd that you think Deion Sanders using Jackson State as a springboard to a Power 5 job is the straw that broke the camel's back. Deion is just the latest in a long, long line of shameless huckster BS artists. He just doesn't stand at the podium and fake it nearly as well as the others.

You really are one clueless son of a bitch. Telling your team to leave, because you are going to replace them with prettier purses is Busch League and unprofessional. Not surprised you can't see that.

When I wrote my original post, not understanding why people hate on Deion it was tongue in cheek. This site is full of white boomers who hate him because he doesn’t do things “the right way” pointing out racist tropes how Deion handles things publicly in what is a very slimey business. College football sold out long before Deion and there are egos just as big, if not larger than his.

Colorado is my favorite state. My wife grew up in Boulder. Prime was the flashiest hire this season. They are as big a rival we ever had behind the Sooners....tons of Huskers go to that state just to buy hash brownies, plus we play em in a few ahort months....face it, they're interesting. At least to me....so I'll keep yakking about them.

Not surprising coming from a Colin Cowherd groupie

When I wrote my original post, not understanding why people hate on Deion it was tongue in cheek. This site is full of white boomers who hate him because he doesn’t do things “the right way” pointing out racist tropes how Deion handles things publicly in what is a very slimey business. College football sold out long before Deion and there are egos just as big, if not larger than his.

But then it turned out he actually was a dirt bag. Egg on your face.

Race has nothing to do with why people hate Deion, dumbfùck.

I'm mostly referring to a couple of decades of ADs making football coaches, and themselves, rich beyond most people's wildest dreams by handing out 5/6/7 year contact extensions when both parties knew damn well that the coach would be long gone upon the first better offer, or shitcanned as soon the W-L record didn't meet expectations. That long-running scam did more to create the transfer portal than any players' rights movement ever did.

After watching this unfold for the last 20-25 years, I find it odd that you think Deion Sanders using Jackson State as a springboard to a Power 5 job is the straw that broke the camel's back. Deion is just the latest in a long, long line of shameless huckster BS artists. He just doesn't stand at the podium and fake it nearly as well as the others.
I don’t disagree on your first paragraph, but I also don’t believe that has played a huge part in creating college football free agency.

And I’m not referring to Deion’s tenure at Jackson State, I’m referring to the fact that even Colorado fans know he’s a 1-2 year rental if he manages to find any semblance of success. Like, it’s a foregone conclusion

I don’t disagree on your first paragraph, but I also don’t believe that has played a huge part in creating college football free agency.

And I’m not referring to Deion’s tenure at Jackson State, I’m referring to the fact that even Colorado fans know he’s a 1-2 year rental if he manages to find any semblance of success. Like, it’s a foregone conclusion
Would be very “I willfully live in oklahoma” of you to ignore the obvious domino & instead blame kids these days or something of the sort

Stick to the truck stop glory holes ExcellentHead.

if this travis charator followed neon deon to jackson state for nil bucks, why would'nt he of followed him to cu?
was that just manufacturing a story for the press to get more hype millage?

and what is the racial make up of deons team and coaches? does it reflect the population of colorado and the US as a whole?

Reactions: baseball31ne
Would be very “I willfully live in oklahoma” of you to ignore the obvious domino & instead blame kids these days or something of the sort
My house is in Oklahoma but I live rent-free in your head. 😉

Anyways, I don’t fault coaching contracts for college free agency/loss of NCAAF soul. I’d say the first domino was arguably the BCS abolition; bowl games began to mean less, players opting out. Not opposed to the playoff, but I’d say watching 1v4 and 2v3 has created fewer interesting matchups.

I think a reasonable fix would be for NIL to be based on a longer contract, 2-3 years. In order for a marquee player to transfer, the school should have to pay the full contract amount as well as their offer. Add a salary cap of some sort and maybe there’d be fewer transfers.

My house is in Oklahoma but I live rent-free in your head. 😉

Anyways, I don’t fault coaching contracts for college free agency/loss of NCAAF soul. I’d say the first domino was arguably the BCS abolition; bowl games began to mean less, players opting out. Not opposed to the playoff, but I’d say watching 1v4 and 2v3 has created fewer interesting matchups.

I think a reasonable fix would be for NIL to be based on a longer contract, 2-3 years. In order for a marquee player to transfer, the school should have to pay the full contract amount as well as their offer. Add a salary cap of some sort and maybe there’d be fewer transfers.
the main problem with college football is the folks who run it struggle with 3rd grade math.(besides disney's bank account)...which makes systematic math impossible.

in a logical world you would decide how many team are in...kinda like how many apples you put in a cart..

so lets say you have 80 teams

4 conferances, 2 division in each conferance

one conferance champ game

4 teams in playoff...

this means every game on the grid iron, using basic math, in a logical way, involveing reason, comes to 1 champion..
no polls, no arguements, the gridiron speaks if you will...not reporters, not iowa fan, not neon deon, or the shady sec, or playoff commitiees with bi teams.....the gridiron speaks period...

so lets say, you have a conferance champ game....that could be called a bowl
4 of them.
then you have 3 games in the play off...them could be called bowls also

so thats a grand total of 7 bowls...the orange, rose, sugar, cotton, peach, corn and blue berry bowl....
all would meaning full 100% in a systematic logical, math based, reasoned fashion...

let the gridiron do the talking..

then if you do the above you don't have divas sitting out bowls, worrying about breaking a nail or death...

the nil/portal problem can also be addresed by me in the future, using basic math, logic, reason and the gridiron

Last edited:
It is a hard balance...Rhule has now left three teams in 6 years. Can you care deeply about the guys in the room while also looking for better opportunities? Can you care deeply for the community and program while also looking for an upgrade? At the very least he is a great actor and seems to hire them as well. Probably an upgrade over the last 5 coaches who couldn't hide their contempt or incompetence.
Damn right you can. If you arent looking to better your situation then you are content with your current results. Never be content

Far left nutjob playbook rule #1: When your argument is obviously lost, continue with it anyway. Even if it is painfully apparent that you are a complete dumbfvck, always play the race card. Well done.

The hate on Deion here is really strange. He instantly elevated Colorado’s program. I’m not sure any other coach outside of elites, could have the program in the shape it is right now after a couple weeks. His ego? Every coach has an ego and presents it in different ways. His culture is what you have a problem with. Deion has maintained relevancy and was a cultural icon worshipped by the parents of current recruits. He is putting together a good system in Colorado. Game day coaching? Who knows.. Deion isn’t new to football. These same arguments were used against Frank Martin, he turned out alright despite a tougher mountain to climb.
"His culture"

Sure thing, fake doctor.

It is a hard balance...Rhule has now left three teams in 6 years. Can you care deeply about the guys in the room while also looking for better opportunities? Can you care deeply for the community and program while also looking for an upgrade? At the very least he is a great actor and seems to hire them as well. Probably an upgrade over the last 5 coaches who couldn't hide their contempt or incompetence.
3 teams over 6 years isn’t bad. Nick Saban was coach for 3 different teams over 7 years before settling at Alabama.

Not saying Rhule is going to be as good as Saban, but as long as Penn State doesn’t come calling I imagine he stays for as long as Trev/boosters want him.

Thank you for clarifying. We'll have to agree to disagree, because I think coaches bolting for greener pastures five minutes after signing a long contract extension, or getting a pink slip and golden parachute one season after the AD declared the coach to be "his guy," have absolutely been driving forces behind more lenient transfer rules.

Like I said, I'm not really a big fan of Deion. But I don't think he ruffles the feathers of the college football bureaucracy because he's different. It's because he's forcing those old farts to come face-to-face with what they created.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT