ADVERTISEMENT

What a season for Coach Prime

Looks like Prime has decided to live and die in the portal once again. While we may never be able to keep the highly ranked high school kids for more than three years, I still doubt his rent a player for a year or two strategy will work.
Not when he’s taking backups and non contributors from other schools.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Transfer portal or bust thinking doesn’t seem to be getting the luggage they want there.

It appears the Colorado Prime way trying to be as substantive as the Platte River is deep while acting like you’re the strength and power of the Mississippi River. Flash fades and foundation takes time, don’t see it happening there unless major changes are made too down.

Reactions: Lincoln100
So did I.

I think "we" don't give HS kids enough credit.
You would think if you are taking 5 hs kids they would all be 4 or 5 stars. How good could any coach in America do if they devoted their time to basically recruiting 10 or less kids for an entire year? Each coach has to recruit 1 kid a year. Crazy.

And yes, I get that coaching turnover like player turnover hurts in the end.

I wasn't sure how his time there would play out..I could have seen it going amazing, or flaming out. I was 51/49 in favor of it flaming out but wouldn't have bet a dime on either outcome.

I have to wonder if kids are just assuming he's gone after his sons graduate so their reluctant to commit to him.

At any rate, it's a fascinating watch.

I wasn't sure how his time there would play out..I could have seen it going amazing, or flaming out. I was 51/49 in favor of it flaming out but wouldn't have bet a dime on either outcome.

I have to wonder if kids are just assuming he's gone after his sons graduate so their reluctant to commit to him.

At any rate, it's a fascinating watch.
I think it's on purpose. He is only interested in the portal.

You would think if you are taking 5 hs kids they would all be 4 or 5 stars. How good could any coach in America do if they devoted their time to basically recruiting 10 or less kids for an entire year? Each coach has to recruit 1 kid a year. Crazy.

And yes, I get that coaching turnover like player turnover hurts in the end.
I think they signed 849 portal players, thus giving them the "portal champion" title for the second straight season.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I think it's on purpose. He is only interested in the portal.
If he's only interested in the portal you would think he would have 5 super awesome hs recruits. He has a couple good ones but not off the charts for all 5 players. Even his 4 star athlete looks like he was choosing between teams like Indiana, South Carolina and CU.

Reactions: WHCSC
I would put money on that ignorant POS bastard leaving Boulder within two years. To top it off, he will create some narrative that he was treated with disrespect. He will say he wasn’t given the necessary assistance from the university and make overtones of racism.

He will do and say anything to deflect the fact that he isn’t worth a pile of dog shit when it comes to coaching. His thug BS has no place in college football. I wish him nothing but ill will. He is a fraud and is a walking clown show.
Perhaps the AD steals his jewelry creating a rift

Also weird that they have 3 players that are committed to Colorado that haven't signed. I get the 5 star guy, but the other two have been committed for months.

Reactions: HuskerO
Also weird that they have 3 players that are committed to Colorado that haven't signed. I get the 5 star guy, but the other two have been committed for months.
That would indicate to me grade or some other kind of issue. If they had grades you would think they would have signed with someone else even if Deion wouldn't take their commitment.

He's totally going to screw the Colorado program and the next head coach once he decides to leave the way he's recruiting.

You love to see it.
What do you mean, the way he’s recruiting? Haven’t you seen him killing it on social media? He’s all over inviting these kids in. “You know where to find me.” It couldn’t be easier. Why aren’t these kids busting down his door?

They were a disaster before he got there...he was screwed from day one. Not sure he could leave em worse off...BUT, if CU really did get an invite to the Big 12 in part due to Prime, it was still a good deal.

They were a disaster before he got there...he was screwed from day one. Not sure he could leave em worse off...BUT, if CU really did get an invite to the Big 12 in part due to Prime, it was still a good deal.
I agree in part, but I do think, somehow, as bad as they were, they will still be worse when he leaves.

Agree that the move to the Big 12 was a great move for them that may not have happened under another coach.

I agree in part, but I do think, somehow, as bad as they were, they will still be worse when he leaves.

Agree that the move to the Big 12 was a great move for them that may not have happened under another coach.
Under his watch there’s been a 300% increase in the win column

Unless his last season is 0-12, they won’t be worse

We better kick their ass next year in Lincoln

For Colorado, it was worth the gamble. Glad he isn't our coach, but I get it for them.

Reactions: timnsun and WHCSC
Under his watch there’s been a 300% increase in the win column

Unless his last season is 0-12, they won’t be worse

We better kick their ass next year in Lincoln
I know it’s all about wins, but I’m talking about the state of the program when he leaves. I’m probably wrong, as HS kids have short memories, but when he is done, unless he turns it around, I imagine it will be such a dumpster fire that no one will want to go there. It'll take longer to rebuild offer he leaves, in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT