ADVERTISEMENT

What a season for Coach Prime

I’m not sure he even does in home visits.
Deion Sanders Sport GIF by Coach Prime

They were a disaster before he got there...he was screwed from day one. Not sure he could leave em worse off...BUT, if CU really did get an invite to the Big 12 in part due to Prime, it was still a good deal.
Big12 would have taken CU even if they hadn’t hired Deion and finished 1-11 for back-to-back years. History. Geography. Excuse to trip to Boulder. Satisfaction of knowing they had to crawl back to you.

The priority is money and clicks. He is bringing that into the economy there, if you believe the media hype, and people are clicking for sure. Rubber necking the car crashes and eye balling the glitz and glamour before you see there is little substance behind it.

Colorado doesn’t get left out of the B12, history and TV markets still make them viable, in spite of the CU administration itself. It being big supporters of the athletics as a whole.

Reactions: Huskers123456
I think they will be decent next year, at least on offense. They return all their skill people and have brought in like 8 new OL. That O should be good.

But basically their whole team will be done after next year. And no matter what their Coach says publicly, there is no way he sticks around past next year to try to completely rebuild it again, without this boys playing. And Colorado will be a complete disaster when that happens.

I think they will be decent next year, at least on offense. They return all their skill people and have brought in like 8 new OL. That O should be good.

But basically their whole team will be done after next year. And no matter what their Coach says publicly, there is no way he sticks around past next year to try to completely rebuild it again, without this boys playing. And Colorado will be a complete disaster when that happens.
Most people understand the key to the OL is getting them to play as a unit.

8 new players is starting over from scratch.

Reactions: K_Y_E and headcard
plenty knew how “weird” he was, but you sure were bamboozled by him. Have you gotten your Prime 21 Golds just yet?

Coming Lets Go GIF by SportsManias

I'm not going to get into a back and forth on this, but I wasn't bamboozled by him. He's just a little weirder than I thought....and i've seen others say the same.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth on this, but I wasn't bamboozled by him. He's just a little weirder than I thought....and i've seen others say the same.
I probably was a little bamboozled. Or at least I hoped his talk reflected his walk in terms of improving his players (NFL prospects or not) lot in life. It doesn’t. I don’t think it helps recruiting to have your sons behaving like jackasses in public, or throwing your entire offensive line under the bus in public.

Reactions: baseball31ne
some schedule next year, too

opening against NDSU (granted with a new coach, but still) is a bold move

Do we think that Matt Rhule will be able to make this years game a bit more competitive than last year when he was obviously no match for Deion.

Colorado won a total of 4 games 2 were by a FG, one in overtime and one outlier against Rhule where they were up by 4 touchdowns until their scrubs gave up a score in the final seconds

Probably one of the most embarrassing losses orchestrated by a head coach in Nebraska football history

Do we think that Matt Rhule will be able to make this years game a bit more competitive than last year when he was obviously no match for Deion.

Colorado won a total of 4 games 2 were by a FG, one in overtime and one outlier against Rhule where they were up by 4 touchdowns until their scrubs gave up a score in the final seconds

Probably one of the most embarrassing losses orchestrated by a head coach in Nebraska football history

You are the Colorado loss to your entire family lineage.

Edv4-FJh-X0-AAPO47.jpg

He will still get non-stop press, interviews and probably another tv show to tell all about his brilliance.

It’s like the whole world is trying to recruit for him, but he won’t get up of the couch to reap the benefits.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Kelly sucked, sorry to see him go.
Of course, he will be shouldering the blame for CU's defensive woes but the reality he's a phenomenal recruiter and a solid coach... Unfortunately for him, he was coupled with position coaches who outside of Sunseri, lacked higher level experience... Both the linebacker and secondary coach were Deion's buddies who had only coached a couple of seasons at Jackson St, and a couple more at Trinity Christian Academy... The DE coach, while a great recruiter, had a couple of years, mainly as an analyst, and 2 years as a GA... Now they're adding Warren Sapp who has zero coaching experience... I'd probably make the move to Auburn also, after kicking myself for signing up for that nonsense to begin with...

Gotta think Prime feels good about this one though, he hates when guys commit somewhere and then decommit. With him sticking with FSU, that’s just what prime has been asking for.
I don't think Prime feels good about losing what was probably a day 1 starter at a position of need.

If Mazzacua decided to go back to Florida I would not feel good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT