ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs - Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now dumber for having read this thread:

1. Every QB in the league, whether its Mahomes or the 3rd string QB for the Panthers, is going to earn a Roughing the Passer penalty when they get hit in the head or get hit low. That's literally been a point of emphasis in the NFL for the last 5 seasons.

2. NFL officials don't throw PI penalties on balls that are 10 yards off target. I think some of you have watched too much Big Ten football, where the officiating is dreadful and a bump is called 30 yards away from the ball.

3. Anyone who thought Lamar Jackson would beat Patrick Mahomes hasn't ever watched an NFL playoff game before.
you obviously didn’t watch the SF game. Purdy took WAY bigger hits to the head than Lebron I mean Mahomes & no penalties. I’m good with no flags.. this is football, but call it even.

Do you really think this is a penalty?

If so, you’ll really enjoy the flag football pro bowl.

you obviously didn’t watch the SF game. Purdy took WAY bigger hits to the head than Lebron I mean Mahomes & no penalties. I’m good with no flags.. this is football, but call it even.

whats funny is we're all Husker fans, and we likely all agree that the 2009 Big 12 CCG and dozens of games in the B1G were blatantly officiated in favor of the opposition.

but as soon as it comes to the NFL's media darling, its unfathomable that reffing could ever be anything but the beacon of neutrality.

whats funny is we're all Husker fans, and we likely all agree that the 2009 Big 12 CCG and dozens of games in the B1G were blatantly officiated in favor of the opposition.

but as soon as it comes to the NFL's media darling, its unfathomable that reffing could ever be anything but the beacon of neutrality.
Yeah very odd. I would stop dunking on these dorks, but that can’t even admit Mahomes gets ticky tacky calls that other qbs don’t get. It’s a nice advantage so take the W

Every time someone brings up that the NFL is scripted I'm reminded of the mental health problems we have in this country. These people worry me because a lot of them probably have some type of undiagnosed disorder.
If someone truly believe that 1). The NFL is scripted to produce predetermined outcomes; and 2) They have 'cracked the code' and can predict these outcomes, then that person has become detached from reality. We have to hope that this detachment from reality is limited to NFL games.

To your point, it could very well be a symptom of either a realized or as yet, unrealized mental health issue. What becomes even more sinister is someone who actually knows better, but still preys on these individuals by throwing 'red meat' to them in what is surely a fund raising or profile raising ploy.

I think people who make arguments about one game and then reference a play from a totally different game to fit their narrative are some of the sorriest posters found on message boards.

1. That hit on Mahomes from the Miami game is called multiple times per game, in every NFL game.
2. There was NO play like that one called in the Ravens game, but that wouldnt fit your narrative.

I watched the whole 49ers game. You're trying to manufacture a narrative that isn't realistic. Purdy never took a single hit to the head, while dropping back to pass. It gets called in every game. If a defender hits a QB in the face, its a penalty every single time. And that's what happened to Mahomes twice. Dude didn't get any special treatment.

You're confusing shots taken as a runner with shots taking while back to pass or scrambling behind the line of scrimmage.

Now, if you want to criticize the NFL for some bull shit calls based on stupid rule changes, that's a whole other argument. But don't try to pretend Pat Mahomes gets the benefit of a 15 yard penalty when he gets hit in the face compared to any other QB.

Last edited:
I think people who make arguments about one game and then reference a play from a totally different game to fit their narrative are some of the sorriest posters found on message boards.

1. That hit on Mahomes from the Miami game is called multiple times per game, in every NFL game.
2. There was NO play like that one called in the Ravens game, but that wouldnt fit your narrative.

I watched the whole 49ers game. You're trying to manufacture a narrative that isn't realistic. Purdy never took a single hit to the head, while dropping back to pass. It gets called in every game. If a defender hits a QB in the face, its a penalty every single time. And that's what happened to Mahomes twice. Dude didn't get any special treatment.

You're confusing shots taken as a runner with shots taking while back to pass or scrambling behind the line of scrimmage.

Now, if you want to criticize the NFL for some bull shit calls based on stupid rule changes, that's a whole other argument. But don't try to pretend Pat Mahomes gets the benefit of a 15 yard penalty when he gets hit in the face compared to any other QB.
Haha .. the sorriest posters found on the internet are the ones that PAY for it and slum around on the free board because they are so insecure…

So the first shot to Mahomes was a bad call since he was a runner yesterday, correct?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Both RTPs yesterday were good calls that only a hater could find issue with.
Any kind of hit to the QB's head is going to be called as RTP.
Unless you're Cam Newton playing against the Broncos in the Super Bowl, then it's open season.

Reactions: headcard
Haha .. the sorriest posters found on the internet are the ones that PAY for it and slum around on the free board because they are so insecure…

So the first shot to Mahomes was a bad call since he was a runner yesterday, correct?

Dude was still behind the line of scrimmage and about to throw a pass. He's still a passer at that point.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Dude was still behind the line of scrimmage and about to throw a pass. He's still a passer at that point.
Uh oh.. then you would have to admit the shot on Purdy was a missed call.. you chiefs fans are so fragile

I assume you also watch a lot of soccer

There was one hit on Purdy that the announcers and their rules analyst all agree should have been called - because he took a helmet to the head. It may not have been obvious in real time because it occurred in a scrum of players. The point being they all agree a shot to the head should be a penalty.

Reactions: headcard
Locking this because people can't help themselves, but a good time to remember that politics aren't ever allowed on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT