ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired the Chiefs celebration in KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This country has been swirling the shitter for awhile, but a lot of this shit would come to a screeching halt if we would go back to public hangings. Would make you think before you commit a heinous crime that the last thing would be your lifeless body hanging with piss dripping down your leg.
If hanging was such an effective deterrent, why did they have to hang so many people?

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
Essentially means "at a fundamental level," not "almost."

No place is immune from this crap, including Nebraska (Westroads Mall).
So how does “essentially” not work as used? At a fundamental level these states are the same - but they aren’t exactly the same. Guess I dont understand your logic?

Essentially means "at a fundamental level," not "almost."

No place is immune from this crap, including Nebraska (Westroads Mall).
Can you tell us what the difference between almost and at a fundamental level is?

Not sure that goes far enough.
chicken cut GIF by happydog

Start with something else.

As someone who lived in KC for a while I wish I could say this is a surprise but I fear it will be what's expected.

So how does “essentially” not work as used? At a fundamental level these states are the same - but they aren’t exactly the same. Guess I dont understand your logic?

Can you tell us what the difference between almost and at a fundamental level is?
They are the same in all respects relevant to the discussion.

Kong is suggesting that they're not "exactly" the same because Nebraskans won't get shot up (and will apprehend shooters). I think anyone sensible can agree that that's asinine.

Kong is suggesting that they're not "exactly" the same because Nebraskans won't get shot up (and will apprehend shooters). I think anyone sensible can agree that that's asinine.
I think he was implying we don't have the type of people who come from St Louis (a known sh!thole) and live around Prospect Ave in KC that are known to be heavily involved in gang activity.

Reactions: HuskerDana

Oh … okay. Then why did you make a big deal about it in your original message?

I think he was implying we don't have the type of people who come from St Louis (a known sh!thole) and live around Prospect Ave in KC that are known to be heavily involved in gang activity.
And that has to do with the victims how? I'm guessing that if you had a conversation with one of the people who were shot, you'd have no idea whether they were from KC or Omaha. The people are the same. It's not their fault they got shot at a parade any more than it was the fault of the Von Maur employees in Omaha.

And that has to do with the victims how? I'm guessing that if you had a conversation with one of the people who were shot, you'd have no idea whether they were from KC or Omaha. The people are the same. It's not their fault they got shot at a parade any more than it was the fault of the Von Maur employees in Omaha.
It has to do with why we're even talking about victims.

It has to do with why we're even talking about victims.
And yet people get shot all over the country, in big cities, in small towns, in rich areas, in poor areas, in majority-minority areas, and in lily-white areas. So tell me, why is it anything but asinine for Kong to come into this thread running down Chiefs fans and Kansas Citians for getting shot at a parade because he can't stand that the Chiefs keep winning? I'm not looking for an argument about gun violence, policy, or any of that -- just making the case that Kong is showing his ass.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And yet people get shot all over the country, in big cities, in small towns, in rich areas, in poor areas, in majority-minority areas, and in lily-white areas. So tell me, why is it anything but asinine for Kong to come into this thread running down Chiefs fans and Kansas Citians for getting shot at a parade because he can't stand that the Chiefs keep winning? I'm not looking for an argument about gun violence, policy, or any of that -- just making the case that Kong is showing his ass.
I took the comments about the Chiefs and about the shooting separately. Maybe I'm wrong.

When was the last time someone was hung? What was the media coverage like then?
Don't really want to keep following this track, but for much of recorded history authorities have intentionally made public spectacle of the most barbarous punishments and executions they could come up with as a means of communicating state or monarchical power and deterring other would-be criminals. There's very little evidence that it's ever worked as a deterrent.

It might make some viewers feel justice has been done, or slake the bloodlust of some weirdos out there. If people want to argue for barbarism on those grounds, that's a different discussion.

I took the comments about the Chiefs and about the shooting separately. Maybe I'm wrong.
Fair enough. I have several friends/coworkers who were at the parade, including at least one that was very close to the incident, so maybe I'm just being overly sensitive.

Reactions: headcard
my statement was simple:

People from Ne >> people from Ks and MO

Even the chiefs fans

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT