ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Moos

Benning is covering his ass and placing blame elsewhere when he should be apologizing for spreading an unsubstantiated rumor. I sincerely doubt that this started anywhere near Nebraska.

Schaffer started it. Benning just agreed and said he had heard the same thing. Then it blew up from there.

I do think it could have started from inside...people are petty and selfish. I had a boss that I hated once (most of us did) and we loved ripping on her behind her back...I would have loved to leak info about her...if I wasn't scared to death of her to this very day.

Benning is covering his ass and placing blame elsewhere when he should be apologizing for spreading an unsubstantiated rumor. I sincerely doubt that this started anywhere near Nebraska.
I don't know about that. Very coincidental that this happens to come up right as the bball team is in a nose dive and Miles is on the hot seat. What better way to distract from a train wreck than to cause a bigger train wreck.

I asked one of my Cougar friends who has season tickets for their football games, travels to away games and he and his dad (CPAs) contribute to WSU's athletic department about these rumors concerning Moos drinking too much. He's been around Moos a lot and he says he has never seen it.
You know when the university hired moos, you know dam well they did a complete search of him including talking to all kinds of people, I highly doubt in today's climate that Nebraska would hire a stumbling drunk as a ad.

So is this story still cold hard fact and the higher ups are hiding a drunk amoung us, or did I properly shoot the messenger?
Wow, can you believe the people who have millions of dollars tied up in all this are denying there's a problem? It's almost like they're willing to deny it so long as he dries out, does his job and acts his age so that they don't have to pay him tons in severance and go through another arduous search only to pay the next guy at least as much, if not more.

Add it to the running list of things that probably happened but posters on this board will never believe it because it didn't happen in front of their very own face.

Reactions: kaz36
Wow, can you believe the people who have millions of dollars tied up in all this are denying there's a problem? It's almost like they're willing to deny it so long as he dries out, does his job and acts his age so that they don't have to pay him tons in severance and go through another arduous search only to pay the next guy at least as much, if not more.

Add it to the running list of things that probably happened but posters on this board will never believe it because it didn't happen in front of their very own face.
I'm sure glad I don't have a job where people feel like posting on social media every time I have a couple of cocktails....like every Friday night. Cmon man. I don't know why you're so bought in to this deal but give it up. It serves no purpose.

I'm sure glad I don't have a job where people feel like posting on social media every time I have a couple of cocktails....like every Friday night. Cmon man. I don't know why you're so bought in to this deal but give it up. It serves no purpose.[/QUOTE
He'd probably be happy instead of drinking booze they'd be smoking crack

This is just stupid. I honestly feel it has to do with Miles and because he hasn’t done anything yet, people are now taking aim at the AD. I like Moos and what he’s done. I believe we got a good AD. So what he doesn’t like to fire a coach mid season. Let the man do his job and stop trying to find dirt on him because we are bunch of cry babies that want things done NOW and not later.

Reactions: Baxter48
This is just stupid. I honestly feel it has to do with Miles and because he hasn’t done anything yet, people are now taking aim at the AD. I like Moos and what he’s done. I believe we got a good AD. So what he doesn’t like to fire a coach mid season. Let the man do his job and stop trying to find dirt on him because we are bunch of cry babies that want things done NOW and not later.
Maybe Davison has aspirations for a higher pay grade......let's look at all the possibilities.Lurko_OEek

I'm sure glad I don't have a job where people feel like posting on social media every time I have a couple of cocktails....like every Friday night. Cmon man. I don't know why you're so bought in to this deal but give it up. It serves no purpose.
There's a big difference between "a couple of cocktails" and getting blackout drunk habitually in your 60s and groping women (***ALLEGEDLY***)

Why am I bought into it? Because if true and it isn't resolved, it's the kind of thing that would result in the termination of an AD who I think has done a pretty good job to date and I'd like to see him keep that job. Also I'd like to see somebody with those issues get the help they need and turn it around. That stuff destroys families.

The constant blathering of people who think every unflattering story or tweet that sees the light of day is some kind of anti-Husker conspiracy also gets really annoying. This board is a deep stockpile of "I don't understand it therefore it must be a lie." Funny how it's never a lie when the rumor is that some kid is tearing it up on scout team.

I don't get what's so hard about the concept that people just about always deny things when they get caught until the ironclad proof comes out and then it's, "Ok well I 'misspoke' the first time and this is true and here's my apology statement crafted by a PR team..." Ya know, not that we have any examples of that sort of thing in the headlines over the last year or so...

I am sorry but the fact we have people on here willing to repeat these ridiculous comments says way to much to me. Hate to think what might have been said today if Bob Devaney was still alive and AD at Nebraska. I am sure there would be stories even about the Bobfather told. However in those days people were allowed to be human I guess!

You seem to be all in that this rumor is in fact true and you don't seem open to the possibility that it isn't. The fact that others are questioning the credibility of sources when nobody that I'm aware of from WSU ever saw any drunken behavior.....nobody that I'm aware of in Lincoln ( this goes for donors close to the program ) has ever seen inappropriate behavior.....seems to at least cast some doubt on whether or not said rumor is true. Seems to me that Bounds and Green would definitely have just cause to fire Moos for his conduct, yet they came out in support of him. I don't buy what you are claiming.....but then again maybe I'm one of those posters that only believe what they see : )

There's a big difference between "a couple of cocktails" and getting blackout drunk habitually in your 60s and groping women (***ALLEGEDLY***)

Why am I bought into it? Because if true and it isn't resolved, it's the kind of thing that would result in the termination of an AD who I think has done a pretty good job to date and I'd like to see him keep that job. Also I'd like to see somebody with those issues get the help they need and turn it around. That stuff destroys families.

The constant blathering of people who think every unflattering story or tweet that sees the light of day is some kind of anti-Husker conspiracy also gets really annoying. This board is a deep stockpile of "I don't understand it therefore it must be a lie." Funny how it's never a lie when the rumor is that some kid is tearing it up on scout team.

I don't get what's so hard about the concept that people just about always deny things when they get caught until the ironclad proof comes out and then it's, "Ok well I 'misspoke' the first time and this is true and here's my apology statement crafted by a PR team..." Ya know, not that we have any examples of that sort of thing in the headlines over the last year or so...
IF IF. Let's wait for confirmation of facts before going off half cocked. These are serious allegations

If there is no proof, it didn't happen. Innocent until proven guilty. In this day an age it would be amazing if there wouldn't be some sort of proof that would have been leaked by now. I can promise you if I was in a place and I saw the AD of any university insanely drunk, acting like an idiot Im get at least a picture. Either moos is the best secret agent drunk or Im guessing this is all a smear campaign from someone who would love to see him fired. Hmmm any guesses in the athletic department who might not want Moos around???

my understanding is he is the AD in waiting, and that was all setup in advance of getting SF here. I don't have any proof of this though

If someone has an axe to grind, maybe it is someone else who didn't get the AD job lined up? maybe someone in Omaha.
I have suspected this as well. Moos brought in to get Frost, smooth the waters, mentor Davison, and he take over when the time is right.

You seem to be all in that this rumor is in fact true and you don't seem open to the possibility that it isn't. The fact that others are questioning the credibility of sources when nobody that I'm aware of from WSU ever saw any drunken behavior.....nobody that I'm aware of in Lincoln ( this goes for donors close to the program ) has ever seen inappropriate behavior.....seems to at least cast some doubt on whether or not said rumor is true. Seems to me that Bounds and Green would definitely have just cause to fire Moos for his conduct, yet they came out in support of him. I don't buy what you are claiming.....but then again maybe I'm one of those posters that only believe what they see : )
I'm open to the possibility that it's overblown. My point is I heard exactly this same thing from a booster over 2 months ago when there was no reason for it to be some bizarre conspiracy orchestrated by Tim Miles because the hoops team was losing. So the notion that it was concocted this week as a hit job from within the athletic department is both really weird and very improbable.

Not everything that might be interesting or salacious to us lot of over-involved fans is newsworthy to bar goers with cell phones or to reporters. I worked with a girl years ago, a student, who personally claimed to be dating/sleeping with an NU position coach. Or IIRC she tried to keep it quiet but her roommate outed her about it. It may shock you to learn that I did not become a self-styled P.I. in light of this claim and start gathering proof, nor did I go running to the press about it. Because it wasn't that interesting to me, and it wasn't relevant to his job performance. And no, it wasn't Marvin Sanders.

Could she have been lying? She could. But if so, why choose an obscure position coach that nobody would really recognize by name or face outside of the most obsessed fans? The more likely scenario is she was banging the guy. I think he could have done better, but who am I to tell him what his type is?

Does everyone remember several years ago when posters on this board were here to tell you that Dirk Chatelain was a lying hack of a reporter who was on a personal mission to get Bo Pelini fired? How did that play out, did Bo end up being a really great CFB coach who doesn't do things like gather his team together to tell them the AD is a c-nt and everyone is out to get them? Or did the reporting about how he's not a very good coach or a very good guy end up being true?

Hopefully Moos keeps his nose clean and retires a great success and we never know the full extent of the story. It would mean he's doing a good job and staying on the up and up.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm open to the possibility that it's overblown. My point is I heard exactly this same thing from a booster over 2 months ago when there was no reason for it to be some bizarre conspiracy orchestrated by Tim Miles because the hoops team was losing. So the notion that it was concocted this week as a hit job from within the athletic department is both really weird and very improbable.

Not everything that might be interesting or salacious to us lot of over-involved fans is newsworthy to bar goers with cell phones or to reporters. I worked with a girl years ago, a student, who personally claimed to be dating/sleeping with an NU position coach. Or IIRC she tried to keep it quiet but her roommate outed her about it. It may shock you to learn that I did not become a self-styled P.I. in light of this claim and start gathering proof, nor did I go running to the press about it. Because it wasn't that interesting to me, and it wasn't relevant to his job performance. And no, it wasn't Marvin Sanders.

Could she have been lying? She could. But if so, why choose an obscure position coach that nobody would really recognize by name or face outside of the most obsessed fans? The more likely scenario is she was banging the guy. I think he could have done better, but who am I to tell him what his type is?

Does everyone remember several years ago when posters on this board were here to tell you that Dirk Chatelain was a lying hack of a reporter who was on a personal mission to get Bo Pelini fired? How did that play out, did Bo end up being a really great CFB coach who doesn't do things like gather his team together to tell them the AD is a c-nt and everyone is out to get them? Or did the reporting about how he's not a very good coach or a very good guy end up being true?

Hopefully Moos keeps his nose clean and retires a great success and we never know the full extent of the story. It would mean he's doing a good job and staying on the up and up.

I don’t know your source ( booster )...they may or may not have been a good one. All I can say is that I have talked to a number of prominent boosters and they claim it is just a rumor and that it is false. So who knows....what seems odd to me is both Bounds and Green would have to knowingly be covering this up if what you heard was correct that he got drunk and handsy with some lady. If this lady would all of the sudden come forward with an allegation against Moos it would definitely jeopardize both of the careers of Bounds and Green. I can’t image them not doing their due diligence and concluding that it had no merit before coming out in support of Moos....it just wouldn’t be worth it.

Beav is either a very angry person or simply insane. My goodness, every thread he's flippin out. Get help dude.

Regarding Moos, Innocent until proven guilty is more than just a court law, its a hallmark of American culture and society. If Moos did this, lets see proof, its not up to him to prove his innocence, thats ridiculous and anyone can literally say anything about someone else then say "prove you didnt." Did we learn nothing from the numerous false news reports, allegations, kavanaugh, etc over the past year? If Moos is getting so drunk in bars that someone has to come physically remove him there would absolutely be pictures and videos.

My hunch is that Moos likesto drink sometimes, and like children, those who dont like him spread gossip that he gets hammered simply because he has a few drinks and laughs. People exaggerate it and use it against him and pretty soon the game of telephone leads to moos grabbing boosters wives' butts right in front of everyone and having to be carried out of bars.
This is insane.

I can promise you if I was in a place and I saw the AD of any university insanely drunk, acting like an idiot Im get at least a picture.
You mean like this picture:

18s12ioap8ctfjpg.jpg

Marvin Sanders had public arrest records for the infractions that got him fired. Big difference between Marvin and the rumor about Moos. Bo Pelini had multiple accounts of public misbehavior. Carl had multiple accounts of public misbehavior and improper conduct with women. I have not seen or heard ONE believable report about Moos having a problem. Not one.

Reactions: 5bigguns
You mean like this picture:

18s12ioap8ctfjpg.jpg
Somebody had pics of Bo his staff completely wasted in the team hotel lobby before the Holiday bowl that NU got blown out in but they got quickly deleted. A poster on here that was staying at the the same hotel saw Sanders (if I recall correctly) literally stumble in to a pillar and fall down.

Marvin Sanders had public arrest records for the infractions that got him fired. Big difference between Marvin and the rumor about Moos. Bo Pelini had multiple accounts of public misbehavior. Carl had multiple accounts of public misbehavior and improper conduct with women. I have not seen or heard ONE believable report about Moos having a problem. Not one.
Hopefully he doesn't. My point is that it didn't come out of nowhere starting last week and that a lot of effort will go into denying there's an issue because there are millions of reasons to not want to have to fire the guy.

People who think, "Oh well if there was a problem we'd know and they'd fire him" are fooling themselves. He's not working at Subway, that job and that employer are a big effing deal.

I'm watching somebody go through the process of trying to fire an employee who has obviously needed to be fired for well over a year and you'd be ASTOUNDED at the foot dragging and ass covering. And this employer certainly isn't as prominent as the NU athletic dept. HR and Lawyers have to have their say before you can just up and fire somebody, especially somebody with access to the kinds of agents and legal counsel that multi-millionaire coaches and ADs do.

Hopefully he doesn't. My point is that it didn't come out of nowhere starting last week and that a lot of effort will go into denying there's an issue because there are millions of reasons to not want to have to fire the guy.

People who think, "Oh well if there was a problem we'd know and they'd fire him" are fooling themselves. He's not working at Subway, that job and that employer are a big effing deal.

I'm watching somebody go through the process of trying to fire an employee who has obviously needed to be fired for well over a year and you'd be ASTOUNDED at the foot dragging and ass covering. And this employer certainly isn't as prominent as the NU athletic dept. HR and Lawyers have to have their say before you can just up and fire somebody, especially somebody with access to the kinds of agents and legal counsel that multi-millionaire coaches and ADs do.
Just give it up. The Puritan standard you seem to be a proponent of for the NU AD is silly and you have NO evidence that anything ever happened. None.

Just give it up. The Puritan standard you seem to be a proponent of for the NU AD is silly and you have NO evidence that anything ever happened. None.
Great argument. Really substantive, in no way do you sound like you're doing that thing where you just try to get the last word no matter what so you feel like you've won.

Again, two points you need to follow and you can't seem to follow either:

1) The rumor is old, so the conspiracy theories about Miles planting it this week are stupid
2) If true, I hope he gets cleaned up and serves effectively as NU AD until he retires

Which of those do you need me to climb into the pulpit and lay out in more detail while presumably waving a Bible?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT