ADVERTISEMENT

Hausmann

If you leave your job can you come back to it later on, or no?

Some of you guys are odd. What about a kid you recruited in HS and he picks a different school. Can you take him later on when he wants to transfer?
You really can’t recognize the difference?

I have never known someone to leave a job then come back to the exact same job. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened but I have never seen it happen. Normally when you leave a job you have either effed up or you got a better job. Coming back would mean either the company is desperate to take back someone they let go or you are desperate because the new better job didn’t work.

The second scenario is not the same as the Hausmann situation. The HS player that went somewhere else never played at your school. So taking him is different.
It is always different when it makes sense.

I have taught for years and have seen some teachers come, go, come back, same in coaching.

Shit, I stopped coaching for a few years and came back to coach the same team at the same school.

Last edited:
You really can’t recognize the difference?
Look, unless your idea for EVERYTHING is that once you start "it", you can never leave "it" because if you do you can never ever go back, well, if that is what you think, then your thoughts on this are correct.

But if you think, ever, that you can leave something and still come back, then your thoughts on this are wrong. But it can't be both ways.

If you want to explain the difference you feel is there, I would love to read it!

I totally get the feeling of "Oh well, he quit and turned his back on the team" I 100% get that but I just don't think that most, if any, of the players would actually feel like a 13 year old girl that just got dumped. If anything, I bet that the guys on the team that he was friends with are still his friends.

Last edited:
I totally get the feeling of "Oh well, he quit and turned his back on the team" I 100% get that but I just don't think that most, if any, of the players would actually feel like a 13 year old girl that just got dumped. If anything, I bet that the guys on the team that he was friends with are still his friends.
Maybe ask the players then. If EH wants to play closer to home, Manhattan and Lawrence are both a pretty easy drive from Columbus. But I'd rather see him in red that Iowa pee yellow.

Look, unless your idea for EVERYTHING is that once you start "it", you can never leave "it" because if you do you can never ever go back, well, if that is what you think, then your thoughts on this are correct.

But if you think, ever, that you can leave something and still come back, then your thoughts on this are wrong. But it can't be both ways.

If you want to explain the difference you feel is there, I would love to read it!

No. Of course there is no universal rule to this, and being able to distinguish between two distinct and separate situations isn’t unreasonable. Sorry to have to break this to you, but your teaching experience is entirely different than blue-blood D1 football. I do appreciate the comparison of “team” and all that goes with it to that of a 13 year old girl being dumped. Bout sums it up.

No. Of course there is no universal rule to this, and being able to distinguish between two distinct and separate situations isn’t unreasonable. Sorry to have to break this to you, but your teaching experience is entirely different than blue-blood D1 football. I do appreciate the comparison of “team” and all that goes with it to that of a 13 year old girl being dumped. Bout sums it up.
See, you do agree.

While I appreciate that, in the end I don't think he is coming back anyway. But who knows for sure!

Maybe ask the players then. If EH wants to play closer to home, Manhattan and Lawrence are both a pretty easy drive from Columbus. But I'd rather see him in red that Iowa pee yellow.
If they ask the players, well, only like half of the team even knows him I think, but the vote would come back with all of them saying "sure, we want him"

See, you do agree.

While I appreciate that, in the end I don't think he is coming back anyway. But who knows for sure!
Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Why ask the players. Unless he had a legit reason for bailing, then he doesn’t come back. It isn’t difficult, and it’s ok for those in charge to make decisions like they are in charge. This isn’t a tough one either.

Why ask the players. Unless he had a legit reason for bailing, then he doesn’t come back. It isn’t difficult, and it’s ok for those in charge to make decisions like they are in charge. This isn’t a tough one either.
Asking the players can get dicey, Like when Frost asked the players if they wanted to play in a bowl game.

Sometimes the people in charge need to just make the call.

I have never known someone to leave a job then come back to the exact same job. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened but I have never seen it happen. Normally when you leave a job you have either effed up or you got a better job. Coming back would mean either the company is desperate to take back someone they let go or you are desperate because the new better job didn’t work.

The second scenario is not the same as the Hausmann situation. The HS player that went somewhere else never played at your school. So taking him is different.
Happens in construction more than you’d think. Take a job somewhere else because they pay more per hour. But the job is harder, they don’t have the hours, the boss stinks, etc and they go back to their previous job. And the company is happy to accept them back because finding good labor is like finding unicorns.

Happens in construction more than you’d think. Take a job somewhere else because they pay more per hour. But the job is harder, they don’t have the hours, the boss stinks, etc and they go back to their previous job. And the company is happy to accept them back because finding good labor is like finding unicorns.
Ha!

I know a guy that owns a few fast food places. He said it is insane finding decent help right now and that the new insane 12 dollar minimum wage is killing him.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The amount of players who would hold any real grudge against EH for being one of the thousands of players to transfer the past two years would be between 0-5. It’s all business especially now. The trend will continue upward as long as the NCAA keeps encouraging it. Doubt we get him but we should try.

Very true

The amount of players who would hold any real grudge against EH for being one of the thousands of players to transfer the past two years would be between 0-5. It’s all business especially now. The trend will continue upward as long as the NCAA keeps encouraging it. Doubt we get him but we should try.
I feel like this is how everyone SHOULD feel but there is always a small portion of fans that are just soooo "hurt" about things

Shit we have fans that get pissed at Husker players in the NFL that don't say "Nebraska" when they are introduced on MNF

"Did you see that??? Suh said his middle school NOT NEBRASKA, my god, is he mad at NU or something, **** him"

This actually happened to me. I left for a different opportunity, didn't work out and my former employer had a rough go with my replacement. We kissed and made up a year later. So I guess never say never, even though I was highly critical of Ernie leaving Id take him back if he improves the team.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Asking the players can get dicey, Like when Frost asked the players if they wanted to play in a bowl game.

True. I guess if I were inclined to "ask the players ", I would probably go at it by asking a couple linebackers that were here at the time, possibly the defensive captains. I sure wouldn't poll the team.

My initial reaction was heck no he bailed before Rhule even had a chance to talk to him frankly.

However, he obviously was in talks with Michigan somewhere between Frost's firing (or earlier) and the end of the season because he was gone like a shot. So I am starting to change my opinion on him if he wants to come back

Happens at my company to...It all hinges on what kind of emoloyee you are when you're here and how they parted ways. If they were a good emoloyee and were total pro on their way out the door, they will absolutely take you back down the road.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Are people really comparing someone leaving McDonald's to go work at BK compared to leaving to go to a D1 conference opponent? It would be more like joining another army and then asking to come back. An army you are fighting against.

He knew exactly what it meant to come here and go to a conference opponent. It isn't like he went to Bama and we would never play him.

The only players that would have a problem are the 2nd and 3rd string linebackers. He'd come in and start right away. The rest of the team would welcome him because good players help win games. Players would rather win games than worry about someones feelings.

Are people really comparing someone leaving McDonald's to go work at BK compared to leaving to go to a D1 conference opponent? It would be more like joining another army and then asking to come back. An army you are fighting against.

He knew exactly what it meant to come here and go to a conference opponent. It isn't like he went to Bama and we would never play him.
It’s closer to a professional football, baseball or basketball player leaving his team during free agency and then coming back later. That sometimes happens.

Well if he was a good laborer the harder job for more money wouldn’t be an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
It’s closer to a professional football, baseball or basketball player leaving his team during free agency and then coming back later. That has happened.
I could go with that. I just don't understand his specific circumstances. It confuses me. He got immediate playing time and was going to be a multi-year starter. He must have been the only one who thought Frost was a great coach.

Note that I didn't say the players decide. If I were Rhule, who never coached EH but was thinking about accepting his transfer, I would talk to guys who played with him, and then I'd decide. Hausmann got a title, but I think he would have been productive in White's defense.

Happens at my company to...It all hinges on what kind of emoloyee you are when you're here and how they parted ways. If they were a good emoloyee and were total pro on their way out the door, they will absolutely take you back down the road.
Yep. My last two employers assured me I would be welcomed back if things didn’t work out on my upward moves and I very well may have gone back too. I knew guys that had come back after leaving. Fortunately my leaps of faith have worked out

He got everything he wanted in transferring to “MiCheatin,” a B1G Ten ring, a National Championship ring, plus the exposure he needed. He now has a chance to start for a team coming off a national championship win, why come here?

Is there even the slightest indication he's transferring anywhere?
Just a guess but if he's looking for a better NIL deal or even if he doesn't have one then I could see him looking around for a pay day.

A few rumors going around on him coming back to Nebraska? Is this a legit possibility or just internet bs?

Seems the entire Michigan Washington and Alabama teams are fair game to get their players out of the portal or they get their recruits to flip with the coaching changes

Did he even play at the end of the season? I don't believe I saw him at all in the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT