ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Moos

Are people pleased with the leadership of Bounds and Green?
If you are asking this forum, just remember a lot of posters are not NU alums and only care about Husker football. For those people, I would assume they are hopeful.

As for this alum who cares about more than football, I would prefer that the NU System Office didn’t exist and that means I am not a fan of Bounds — or any NU president. Green seems to be doing OK but I liked Perlman’s work except his decisions on athletics, too.

If you are asking this forum, just remember a lot of posters are not NU alums and only care about Husker football. For those people, I would assume they are hopeful.

As for this alum who cares about more than football, I would prefer that the NU System Office didn’t exist and that means I am not a fan of Bounds — or any NU president. Green seems to be doing OK but I liked Perlman’s work except his decisions on athletics, too.
Perlman believed athletics never belonged in universities and while couldn't do anything about it, he tried to impede them here in any way he could. Perlman can go fk himself.

Now we can fire Miles March 18th..

Might be hard to hire a good bball coach with rumors that the AD may not be around much longer. Seems like every time someone in this athletic department gets the "statement of support", their days are numbered. I don't think the President and Chancellor would have issued a statement if there wasn't some truth to the rumors.

Reactions: husker2612
Might be hard to hire a good bball coach with rumors that the AD may not be around much longer. Seems like every time someone in this athletic department gets the "statement of support", their days are numbered. I don't think the President and Chancellor would have issued a statement if there wasn't some truth to the rumors.

I’m sure there was some truth on the rumor but if he is our AD in March then he still has a job to do regardless..

I didn't know there were rumors about him? All I hear is great things... what did I miss?

I must be missing something...why is Moos’s seat hot?

In the last couple days rumors have swirled (mostly from on-line junkies like us) alleging personal and professional failures of Moos. Some of the details included were disturbing.

The rumor mill was turned up high but I got no clue about the veracity of all these accusations.

Reactions: huskerfan66
In the last couple days rumors have swirled (mostly from on-line junkies like us) alleging personal and professional failures of Moos. Some of the details included were disturbing.

The rumor mill was turned up high but I got no clue about the veracity of all these accusations.

Details?

Reactions: t7w0c1
This has been simmering for quite some time. Moos needs help and so far has not been accepting it. What surprises me is that it stayed this quiet for this long. I was told in November that boosters were well aware of the problem and that attempts had been made to address it, but Bill doesn't believe he has a problem.

My guess is that this level of publicity will result in a mandate for him to get cleaned up or be cleaned out. Very sad to see.

This has been simmering for quite some time. Moos needs help and so far has not been accepting it. What surprises me is that it stayed this quiet for this long. I was told in November that boosters were well aware of the problem and that attempts had been made to address it, but Bill doesn't believe he has a problem.

My guess is that this level of publicity will result in a mandate for him to get cleaned up or be cleaned out. Very sad to see.

Was this not know when he was hired obviously? Or did they not see it being a big problem?

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Was this not know when he was hired obviously? Or did they not see it being a big problem?
You'd be surprised what people don't bother to tell you in a hiring process. People close to him wouldn't want to torpedo his employment. His former employer would have been glad for it to be somebody else's problem. At that time NU was on a mission to hire the guy who was gonna hire the guy. I doubt they'd have let this stop them.

I really hope he gets it turned around. We've all seen what it does to a person and those around them. Very sad stuff.

That’s usually for on the field/job performance. They are addressing a rumor that has spiraled out of control online, thanks partially to our local media members. I think that’s a big difference.
Even at 21 I didn't have to have friends called to come drag me out of a booth somewhere and get me home, let alone on a routine basis. This man is middle-aged and being paid millions.

You think "the media" hasn't been told about this months ago and sat on it without making a peep? It's not Sip or McKewon's fault that ol Billy got in his cups and developed a case of the honky hands. It could have stayed quiet if his behavior had stayed quiet enough.

But sure, shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Hate all the rumor BS. I recall a thread here a while back about a certain skill position player, let’s just call him John D Smith who was allegedly gone.

If we are going to talk rumors then dammit let’s talk about the basement of the Cornhusker hotel.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Yes! You were probably part of the small contingent that threw an epic temper tantrum when the shit show of a regime Pearlman resigned and Eichorst got the proverbial boot up his ass and kicked out the door.

You’re definitely part of a large contingent that doesn’t let not having a clue stop you from posting.

Even at 21 I didn't have to have friends called to come drag me out of a booth somewhere and get me home, let alone on a routine basis. This man is middle-aged and being paid millions.

You think "the media" hasn't been told about this months ago and sat on it without making a peep? It's not Sip or McKewon's fault that ol Billy got in his cups and developed a case of the honky hands. It could have stayed quiet if his behavior had stayed quiet enough.

But sure, shoot the messenger.

Well...at 21 you and your buddies are all hammered at the same time :)

Also...wouldn't there be a picture of the AD totally hammered and passed out at a bar?

I don't buy all of this story.

Well...at 21 you and your buddies are all hammered at the same time :)

Also...wouldn't there be a picture of the AD totally hammered and passed out at a bar?

I don't buy all of this story.
I was usually the one doing the dragging out and wrangling everyone. That's what surprises me is that nobody has posted pictures of him but I certainly wouldn't have known as an NU student if I was standing next to the AD, the Chancellor, or any other University admin. We would have just been like, "Wow how sad is that old guy? Go home dude. LOL."

I understand the desire to not believe it, but I'm here to tell you that this was a quiet rumor before it was a noisy rumor, and that months passed between.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I was usually the one doing the dragging out and wrangling everyone. That's what surprises me is that nobody has posted pictures of him but I certainly wouldn't have known as an NU student if I was standing next to the AD, the Chancellor, or any other University admin. We would have just been like, "Wow how sad is that old guy? Go home dude. LOL."

I understand the desire to not believe it, but I'm here to tell you that this was a quiet rumor before it was a noisy rumor, and that months passed between.

That is classic! Ha

I think if I was 21 now (or 20 with a sick fake ID) and I was at a bar and knew it was Moos I would take a picture of him passed out.

If I didn't know it was Moos and just some old dude passed out I would take a picture for sure and share it!

I would also take creepy Ted Bundy type pictures of girls.

ADVERTISEMENT