ADVERTISEMENT

Hausmann

cmblizz96

Walk On
Jun 19, 2001
A few rumors going around on him coming back to Nebraska? Is this a legit possibility or just internet bs?

The coaches might be open to it since he never played for them. But how about his teammates that he walked out on? Could be a problem in the locker room.
I get this though but I just don't think it is a big deal. Us fans love to romanticize the idea of "team" and "running through walls" and all that but there was a coaching change, dude left, won a title. It would be really hard to hold a grudge.

Would love if he came back home. Guy knew he had to get away from our previous staff and lack of development that was occurring, was sold an opportunity to play for a program that was obviously developing their players and took it, prior to the new staff being announced. Some on here were saying it was a bad move and he'd never see playing time... dude ended up winning a National Championship and recording 46 tackles as a sophomore.

Housemann, never heard of him. Hausmann, maybe. Has HCMR ever publicly commented about a Nebraska kid choosing to play elsewhere then possibly asking to come back as a sort of “what if”. I seem to recall a statement on the lines of “we want Nebraska kids who want to play for Nebraska and focus on them “ sort of thing. Maybe I’m wrong.

Reactions: Lincoln100
jurassic park deal with it GIF

The dude won a national championship. Hard to say he made the wrong choice. He's a winner. I'll take winners.
Gebbia left and you soiled your underoos every hour of every day for 3 months, exclaiming to all the world how terrible he was for transferring. Now you’re good with transfers. You are some piece of work. And you don’t take winners, you take L’s, every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
Gebbia left and you soiled your underoos every hour of every day for 3 months, exclaiming to all the world how terrible he was for transferring. Now you’re good with transfers. You are some piece of work. And you don’t take winners, you take L’s, every day.
No that was you, you're the one who brings him up all the time and can't seem to let him go, you pathetic douchebag.

Last edited:
I said “no” a while back but I don’t think it matters anymore. The game is so different now. We’re watching free agency run rampant in college football. Might as well try to get the best.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I said “no” a while back but I don’t think it matters anymore. The game is so different now. We’re watching free agency run rampant in college football. Might as well try to get the best.
So throw out any semblance of principle and self-respect? No. Rhule’s gonna tell a guy on the team to take a walk because the guy who bailed on us now wants us back? Don’t give a shit if the EH would contribute. You make choices and you live with em. Buh bye.

Reactions: 10Trvln
So throw out any semblance of principle and self-respect? No. Rhule’s gonna tell a guy on the team to take a walk because the guy who bailed on us now wants us back? Don’t give a shit if the EH would contribute. You make choices and you live with em. Buh bye.
Normally I would agree with you, but with the Frost/Chinander situation, then Mickey, then Bush doesn’t stay on. Lot to ask for everyone to stay.

Normally I would agree with you, but with the Frost/Chinander situation, then Mickey, then Bush doesn’t stay on. Lot to ask for everyone to stay.
He left, he gone. Unless it was he had to go for family reasons, he doesn’t get to come back, unless he wants to prove it by paying his own way.

If you leave your job can you come back to it later on, or no?

Some of you guys are odd. What about a kid you recruited in HS and he picks a different school. Can you take him later on when he wants to transfer?

Reactions: Gary.Busey
If you leave your job can you come back to it later on, or no?

Some of you guys are odd. What about a kid you recruited in HS and he picks a different school. Can you take him later on when he wants to transfer?
I have never known someone to leave a job then come back to the exact same job. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened but I have never seen it happen. Normally when you leave a job you have either effed up or you got a better job. Coming back would mean either the company is desperate to take back someone they let go or you are desperate because the new better job didn’t work.

The second scenario is not the same as the Hausmann situation. The HS player that went somewhere else never played at your school. So taking him is different.

He's from Nebraska. He clearly knew Frost was highly likely to get fired. He was a freshman starter and major contributor. For his home state school. Why even come to NU in the first place? To hope that the 5% chance Frost made it another year? He basically used his local school to get a better offer and jumped to a conference foe. He can stay gone IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT