ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Moos

Just listened to Sam McKewon's segment on the TBL with Severe. McKewon interviewed Moos and he outright denied all the rumors that he's had any inappropriate situations involving alcohol in his time here. In the same conversation Sam also alluded to the fact that Tim Miles doesn't feel he is getting the support he needs to win. McKewon and Severe weren't buying it because Miles has more support than NU basketball has ever had. The more digging I'm doing the more it points to the idea that Miles and Co. could be behind these rumors.

While Miles is getting more support than previous basketball coaches, it's not enough to compete for the top 4 spots in the Big 10. Football is the money maker here and always will be. Sounds like either the school will have to part ways with Miles or he will have to leave on his own. I do not see him being our basketball coach next year.

While Miles is getting more support than previous basketball coaches, it's not enough to compete for the top 4 spots in the Big 10. Football is the money maker here and always will be. Sounds like either the school will have to part ways with Miles or he will have to leave on his own. I do not see him being our basketball coach next year.

I think we would all be happy with top 7 or top half of the B1G, 95 % time that should get you in the tournament..

I’ve met and known Bill Moos a long time and this stuff sounds outrageous to me.

If I would wager (and I haven’t spoken to Bill in some time) I would guess this is blown way way out of proportion.

What I think is happening is that the basketball team just went 2-5 the last 7 games and people are tired of a coach that has been around a while and all of a sudden....

People in his camp are hoping the AD is removed before Bill fires him hopefully stalling him for another season.

People who want Bill gone to get another AD to fire the basketball coach and hire one from their contacts.

Basically two camps one supporting the basketball coach trying to create a diversion, and one on the outside wanting to get someone in the AD position to fire the coach and hire from their network.

In the middle of both these camps is Bill Moos and all of a sudden “he has a drinking problem”. “He was passed out at 5 bars on front of all the boosters and Warren Buffet and tried to grab a hawkeye’s ass.”, “I heard he doesn’t even like BBQ and prefers Tofu” Etc. etc.

Basically anything to villainize Moos and get 1 of 2 outcomes. The basketball coach saves his job while the athletic department is in turmoil looking for a new AD who hopefully won’t fire him and at least give him 1 more year or the people trying to force him out to bring in someone to fire and hire a new basketball coach.

Bill is one of the friendliest, most successful, and intelligent builders of programs in all of the NCAA. It’s hard to do that if you are drunk all the time. He’s a regular approachable guy, he’s not some drunk alcoholic slob.

Just my two cents from someone who has known Bill a long time and understands how athletic department politics work.

It’s not a coincidence that this article was written 2 days ago

https://kckingdom.com/2019/01/27/nebraska-basketball-time-move-tim-miles/

And this one...

https://theathletic.com/204784/2018...und-at-nebraska-in-his-unique-fun-loving-way/

And all of a sudden the “AD has a drinking problem” blah blah starts up.

It's all political BS...wake up people!

Reactions: 50Front
The day and age of instant messaging, can be great van be very destructive, for example look at what happened to the catholic schools children from Kentucky, all it takes is one person to not show the full video and all hell breaks lost, crucified the little bastards. Look at some of the false statements about the president. The Duke lacrosse team. The sad part about this is nobody I mean nobody is ever held accountable. Now we get accusations about bill moos, I don't know the man. He does seem to me a man of integrity. We have no idea who started this, it could be someone that wants miles fire or one that supports miles, it could have came from one of Nebraskas competitors for example Minnesota or Kansas state so it would hurt recruiting. Again any can start a rumor on a message board practically ruin someone's career and there virtually untouchable

Just listened to Sam McKewon's segment on the TBL with Severe. McKewon interviewed Moos and he outright denied all the rumors that he's had any inappropriate situations involving alcohol in his time here. In the same conversation Sam also alluded to the fact that Tim Miles doesn't feel he is getting the support he needs to win. McKewon and Severe weren't buying it because Miles has more support than NU basketball has ever had. The more digging I'm doing the more it points to the idea that Miles and Co. could be behind these rumors.

miles sounds like pelini.

I'm embarrassed for the university that they would even put out a statement. After years of poor Harvey Pearlman hires, NU finally gets a legit AD and before he makes it two years in there are rumors? Who is spreading these rumors? Is there that much dead weight within the athletic department that they have to spread rumors to protect their job?
Agreed

Again I would ask how Miles managed to plant this rumor such that boosters knew of it back in November before their season even started and time it so that it would bear fruit right at the end of January when yet another underperforming team of his was hitting the skids.

Also I'd love to know how that possibly saves Miles' job. Any interim or newly-hired AD can fire him. As could an embattled AD for that matter.

Again I would ask how Miles managed to plant this rumor such that boosters knew of it back in November before their season even started and time it so that it would bear fruit right at the end of January when yet another underperforming team of his was hitting the skids.

Also I'd love to know how that possibly saves Miles' job. Any interim or newly-hired AD can fire him. As could an embattled AD for that matter.
Good point, but if Tim Miles or anyone associated with basketball started it or actively passed it along, they would have do so well before the start of the season when they were feeling that they were in a position of strength with a hugely successful season coming up and yet they had a major grudge against Moos since he didn't extend Miles and give him a raise. So they had motive. That said, who knows who is behind it. Eikworst left behind a small army of administrators who do very little. Any of those people could be on the chopping block as well.

While you may have heard this rumor in November, it came to a head in the past week the first I heard of it was last night, but I'm not plugged in with boosters or the athletic department at UNL. But all I and others are asking is who stands to benefit from a shake up in the athletic department? If Miles and Moos don't get along (I think we can all call BS on that OWH puff piece) and Miles knows he's on the chopping block it's not farfetched to think he may try to destabilize Moos' standing. It also could have been other ADs who felt they deserved the AD job here or agents of coaches that don't have connections to Moos or other rivals trying to destabilize the athletic department. I don't know who or how the rumors started. My previous post was merely speculation which tends to happen on message boards.

Reactions: Dean Pope
While you may have heard this rumor in November, it came to a head in the past week the first I heard of it was last night, but I'm not plugged in with boosters or the athletic department at UNL. But all I and others are asking is who stands to benefit from a shake up in the athletic department? If Miles and Moos don't get along (I think we can all call BS on that OWH puff piece) and Miles knows he's on the chopping block it's not farfetched to think he may try to destabilize Moos' standing. It also could have been other ADs who felt they deserved the AD job here or agents of coaches that don't have connections to Moos or other rivals trying to destabilize the athletic department. I don't know who or how the rumors started. My previous post was merely speculation which tends to happen on message boards.
There's probably fifty schools that we recruit against who would love to see turmoil at NU. It's so easy to plant a "story" and have it get legs. Never mind all those folks in Iowa who love us so much.

Last edited:
Bill Moos right now:

giphy.gif

I agree but, I don't know if someone like that exists. We just went through a massive nationwide search with all of NU's most important movers and shakers. This is the guy they picked because that's what they believed was best for this place. There is no evidence of Moos passing out in public. It's 2019 everyone and their brother has a camera phone that would love to plaster that picture all over social media. So why isn't it out there? If it is out there we can have a conversation about it. But I don't think it's a good thing for NU for the AD to get blasted with salaciousness when he has a very important hire to make in mens basketball coming down the pike.
I agree, In this day and age if he had this big of problem and it happens as frequently as some suggest. There would be proof leaked out by now, video, audio, text msg, something. This isn't the government NU can't cover something up for that long. Since there has been no proof, leads me to believe it is a rumor. Since I would hope no Nebraska fan would start such a rumor. I am thinking this is either a Rival program (similar to the Travis Fischer rumors)
Or it is rumor started by someone who may have a reason to not like Moos, and want him gone. IE Tim Miles. I have heard these 2 are not the best of friends. Miles knows Moos doesn't like him and odds are will fire him. Why not start a rumor, or have an associate start a rumor that could lead to Moos being fired. New AD steps in on short notice and gives Miles another year to "sort things out". Yes this is just my conspiracy theory. lol

When I was a student at UNL Bob Devaney was the AD, and I did stand next to him once. Waiting in line for a student football ticket in the old South Stadium office. Bob came wandering out and chatted with me and a few others while we waited in line. Now if Graham Spanier had been standing next to me I wouldn't have had a clue.
A former work colleague back in the glory days was at a social function and a legislator asked him if he’d like to meet Devaney who was there. (The work colleague was from Illinois and not a big football fan.) He answered that he wasn’t particularly interested in meeting Devaney. He told me later he had never heard of him.

Needless to say the legislator was a little PO’d. There was only one Bobfather, even if some guy from Illinois hadn’t heard of himLaughing Of course it was probably better for Bob that Gore hadn’t yet invented the Internet. He was renowned for being rowdy at times. He and Moos would have had a lot of fun together.

A new AD would have to evaluate for a year and then fire.... usually. That would be the professional thing to do. Unless the said new AD were someone already on staff

I’ve met and known Bill Moos a long time and this stuff sounds outrageous to me.

If I would wager (and I haven’t spoken to Bill in some time) I would guess this is blown way way out of proportion.

What I think is happening is that the basketball team just went 2-5 the last 7 games and people are tired of a coach that has been around a while and all of a sudden....

People in his camp are hoping the AD is removed before Bill fires him hopefully stalling him for another season.

People who want Bill gone to get another AD to fire the basketball coach and hire one from their contacts.

Basically two camps one supporting the basketball coach trying to create a diversion, and one on the outside wanting to get someone in the AD position to fire the coach and hire from their network.

In the middle of both these camps is Bill Moos and all of a sudden “he has a drinking problem”. “He was passed out at 5 bars on front of all the boosters and Warren Buffet and tried to grab a hawkeye’s ass.”, “I heard he doesn’t even like BBQ and prefers Tofu” Etc. etc.

Basically anything to villainize Moos and get 1 of 2 outcomes. The basketball coach saves his job while the athletic department is in turmoil looking for a new AD who hopefully won’t fire him and at least give him 1 more year or the people trying to force him out to bring in someone to fire and hire a new basketball coach.

Bill is one of the friendliest, most successful, and intelligent builders of programs in all of the NCAA. It’s hard to do that if you are drunk all the time. He’s a regular approachable guy, he’s not some drunk alcoholic slob.

Just my two cents from someone who has known Bill a long time and understands how athletic department politics work.

It’s not a coincidence that this article was written 2 days ago

https://kckingdom.com/2019/01/27/nebraska-basketball-time-move-tim-miles/

And this one...

https://theathletic.com/204784/2018...und-at-nebraska-in-his-unique-fun-loving-way/

And all of a sudden the “AD has a drinking problem” blah blah starts up.

I need to go and buy a tin foil hat.

I like Bounds and Green and think they are doing a good job.

Are you implying Moos was out drinking with the aliens that crashed at Roswell?
Lol, Im saying in this day and age if there is any truth to rumors, there is usually plenty of evidence to support it. Yes, it can be held down for awhile, but eventually it comes out. If Moos is an out of control alcoholic, this isn't something that just happened the last few days or weeks. If he is an alcoholic he has been for a long time. Something should have came out long before now.

Dude were you in a coma when Moos came in and immediately fired and replaced Riley?
The Old AD was fired because of Riley's job performance. It's different if the old AD was fired for alleged personal demons. There was a clear mandate for Moos to fire Riley. I'd wager after this skid the majority of fans are at least open to canning Miles but he still has enough support that a new AD might not make that move right away.

I don't know why this is even a discussion..Hank and Ronnie arent going anywhere, Scott and Duvall are wreaking havoc in the weight room, and Matty D is just waiting in the wings. Moos was just a pawn all along, obviously.

Dude were you in a coma when Moos came in and immediately fired and replaced Riley?
I understand where you are coming from. The timing in the seasons would be about the same if a new AD was hired today. It took approximately a month and a week to replace eichorst. BB season would be over by then. How could the new guy evaluate anything? Moos at least got to witness the late season meltdown in FB. That's why the regents made the change when they did.

Unless said hypothetical new AD is given his marching orders to fire Miles, Miles will be here another year. Not sure we'd get a good AD to take the job if presented with a list of "to do". They view themselves as professionals and that is their job to manage their employees. Not to be told how to do it by puppet Masters. If it were me I'd say, "what do you need me for? Do your own dirty work? You do your job and let me do mine"

Damn I knew we had Dems in Nebraska but this is straigth up Russian meddling! SMH

Fake news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at 21 I didn't have to have friends called to come drag me out of a booth somewhere and get me home, let alone on a routine basis. This man is middle-aged and being paid millions.

You think "the media" hasn't been told about this months ago and sat on it without making a peep? It's not Sip or McKewon's fault that ol Billy got in his cups and developed a case of the honky hands. It could have stayed quiet if his behavior had stayed quiet enough.

But sure, shoot the messenger.

So is this story still cold hard fact and the higher ups are hiding a drunk amoung us, or did I properly shoot the messenger?

Reactions: tdierberger
Been listening to sharp and benning this morning, there speculating that someone inside the athletic department started this rumor. If that's true then moos has to find out who did this and show them the door heck maybe it's more than one person. Time to drain the swamp

Reactions: huskerfan66
Been listening to sharp and benning this morning, there speculating that someone inside the athletic department started this rumor. If that's true then moos has to find out who did this and show them the door heck maybe it's more than one person. Time to drain the swamp

Oh goody! I hope this gets drug out for months and months!

Benning is covering his ass and placing blame elsewhere when he should be apologizing for spreading an unsubstantiated rumor. I sincerely doubt that this started anywhere near Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT