ADVERTISEMENT

Best #13 in Husker history

Agree, Polk on Defense, Taylor on Offense.

Now, how about a reciprocal pairing to those two: Corey McKeon and Tanner "Turnover Machine" Lee?

Honorable Mention...
- LB Zaire Anderson

Moment...
93_Nebraska_FG.0.png

5693e858a5aad.image.jpg

Big fan of JoJo Domann on the current roster. Really has a nose for the ball.

I will take Carlos Polk. How about you?
Polk is one of my all-time favorites and I'll throw in Fast Eddie Neil. California surfer dude and stereotypical goofball kicker. Never felt pressure. He'd trot on the field, swing his foot and head back to the bench. No big deal. But Eddie was absolute money -- IIRC, hit 8 of 9 FG attempts in '81, which would have been an all-time % record if he'd had one more attempt. I think he missed the bus to Missouri one year and had to have a friend or manager or somebody drive him to Columbia. Just a nutty, funny college kid who liked to kick footballs and was good at it.

Zach Taylor walked into a game at Hawks Filed and sat down a few seats over from my son and I. He made a point to come over and say hi to my son and talk with him about school and what he was into. He’ll forever get my vote but I won’t cheer for the Bengals

Loved Carlos Polk, but will give the nod to Zac Taylor for being the Huskers' last conference offensive POY.

Fourteen years since he won that, and 10 years since NU had a POY on either side of the ball. Yikes.

Zach Taylor deserves it on the offense side, but the first QB that comes to mind for me Is Steve Runty who replaced a injuried David Humm and QB Osborne 1st Colligate head coaching win..

I'm old enough to remember Steve Runty and Dave the Dealer. Did not remember that Runty wore #13. A great thing about this daily thread is that it brings back some great memories. Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT