ADVERTISEMENT

Unlimited eligibility?

Wow, you had to have pulled a hammy stretching that much. Strange attempts to draw comparisons where there are none.

Suppose I played 4 years of baseball at NU. Great hitter for average, a great second baseman, but I'm 5' 2" with no power, so no professional organization drafted me. Why can't I continue to play baseball at NU, and earn a living via NIL, while I pursue my Masters degree?
Yeah, I'm the one stretching.

Please, I've read my post again. When did I even mention high school students? Performance would be contractually tied to performance on the field at the college that booster who's paying for the "NIL" deal supports.

For example, a kid negotiates a "NIL" deal with a booster for Nebraska. The contract WITH THE BOOSTER (disguised as NIL) would state that the player has to meet certain performance metrics to be paid (i.e. become a starter or actual player at some point to be negotiated, win some awards, etc.) They could also get some incentives for example if they meet certain metrics and the team wins a certain number of games (both would have to be met).

Or, they could just negotiate anything they want that's legal to lure the kid to the school.
You didn't, and that's your oversight.

What's stopping kids in highschool from signing NIL deals?

Yeah, I'm the one stretching.
I asked you a question that you didn't answer...why can't I continue to play after 4 years if I'm a student at NU? What exactly am I stretching on? If you are going to argue with me, be specific and answer my question.

I asked you a question that you didn't answer...why can't I continue to play after 4 years if I'm a student at NU? What exactly am I stretching on? If you are going to argue with me, be specific and answer my question.
Amateur eligibility is limited to 1 redshirt year and 4 active years. Hope this helps.

Amateur eligibility is limited to 1 redshirt year and 4 active years. Hope this helps.
Because some organization arbitrarily said 4/5 was the magic number? Why are there 6th year seniors? Guess rules are diifferent for some.

Also, since athletes at Dartmouth are now considered employees of the university, they are no longer amateurs.

Because some organization arbitrarily said 4/5 was the magic number? Why are there 6th year seniors? Guess rules are diifferent for some.

Also, since athletes at Dartmouth are now considered employees of the university, they are no longer amateurs.
Acting like fringe exceptions prove a rule is not genuine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT