ADVERTISEMENT

Because I'm a bit lazy...

Not as bad going southwest majority of the flooding is north west of Lincoln and West of Omaha..

Northeast NE got hammered and there's widespread damage to county roads, bridges and culverts at least as far west as ONeill. I haven't talked to anybody further west than that. Spencer Dam is certainly west of Lincoln and that washed out and took out the Hwy 281 bridge on the west side of Niobrara. The 12 foot wall of water and ice also destroyed homes and several businesses in Niobrara. I think there is wide spread damage that is going to take a while for counties to assess. It's a ginormous task. It likely totals over a billion dollars for Nebraska IMO.

Reactions: blackbones
Northeast NE got hammered and there's widespread damage to county roads, bridges and culverts at least as far west as ONeill. I haven't talked to anybody further west than that. Spencer Dam is certainly west of Lincoln and that washed out and took out the Hwy 281 bridge on the west side of Niobrara. The 12 foot wall of water and ice also destroyed homes and several businesses in Niobrara. I think there is wide spread damage that is going to take a while for counties to assess. It's a ginormous task. It likely totals over a billion dollars for Nebraska IMO.
Spencer dam was a catastrophe waiting to happen. It has basically been abandoned since 2016 or 2017.

And that's not including the thousands of acres farm ground that definitely won't be farmed this year and probably in the next several years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT