ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the 10/11 Post on Mickey's Arrest

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Mickey Joseph, who served as the interim head coach for the Nebraska football team during the 2022 season, was arrested in Lincoln on Wednesday.

According to Lincoln Police, Joseph was taken into custody around 2 p.m. near South 34th and Tree line drive.

He is facing charges of domestic assault and strangulation.

“Upon concluding the investigation, Robert ‘Mickey’ Joseph, age 54 of Lincoln, was arrested at a separate location, for Strangulation and 3 rd Degree Domestic Assault. He was lodged in the Lancaster County Jail,” an LPD release stated. “To protect the victim in this case and in compliance with Nebraska state law, additional information, including the identity of the victim and any injures, is not being released.”

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
so the meeting went bad...and this explains the missing tweet

dabo or ron brown for wr coach

Doesn’t look good for sure. Long after the anger and shame of the day, wonder the events were that led up to this?

Likely ended his time as a coach

3rd degree domestic assault is a misdemeanor. But the “strangulation” takes this case into a different realm, which is contingent upon any mitigating factors.

28-323.​

Domestic assault; penalties.​

(1) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the third degree if he or she:

(a) Intentionally and knowingly causes bodily injury to his or her intimate partner;

(b) Threatens an intimate partner with imminent bodily injury; or

(c) Threatens an intimate partner in a menacing manner.

(2) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the second degree if he or she intentionally and knowingly causes bodily injury to his or her intimate partner with a dangerous instrument.

(3) A person commits the offense of domestic assault in the first degree if he or she intentionally and knowingly causes serious bodily injury to his or her intimate partner.

(4) Violation of subdivision (1)(a) or (b) of this section is a Class I misdemeanor, except that for any subsequent violation of subdivision (1)(a) or (b) of this section, any person so offending is guilty of a Class IIIA felony.

(5) Violation of subdivision (1)(c) of this section is a Class I misdemeanor.

(6) Violation of subsection (2) of this section is a Class IIIA felony, except that for any second or subsequent violation of such subsection, any person so offending is guilty of a Class IIA felony.

(7) Violation of subsection (3) of this section is a Class IIA felony, except that for any second or subsequent violation under such subsection, any person so offending is guilty of a Class II felony.

(8) For purposes of this section, intimate partner means a spouse; a former spouse; persons who have a child in common whether or not they have been married or lived together at any time; and persons who are or were involved in a dating relationship. For purposes of this subsection, dating relationship means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement, but does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Mickey Joseph, who served as the interim head coach for the Nebraska football team during the 2022 season, was arrested in Lincoln on Wednesday.

According to Lincoln Police, Joseph was taken into custody around 2 p.m. near South 34th and Tree line drive.

He is facing charges of domestic assault and strangulation.

“Upon concluding the investigation, Robert ‘Mickey’ Joseph, age 54 of Lincoln, was arrested at a separate location, for Strangulation and 3 rd Degree Domestic Assault. He was lodged in the Lancaster County Jail,” an LPD release stated. “To protect the victim in this case and in compliance with Nebraska state law, additional information, including the identity of the victim and any injures, is not being released.”
Coaching career is over just like that.

When they put you in that cell, when those bars slam home, that's when you know it's for real. Old life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. Ellis Redding. Mickey Joseph

I fixed it for you.

Reactions: Matrix Husker
3rd degree domestic assault is a misdemeanor. But the “strangulation” takes this case into a different realm, which is contingent upon any mitigating factors.
I sat on a jury with a strangulation charge involved. I’d be surprised if this is actually the charge (if they charge him). According to the law “strangulation” is a tough thing to prove

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Heard Steve Taylor was screwing Mickey's wife. Mickey found out and confronted from which this shit escalated.
Here's a funny Steve Taylor story. He came to my office in Beatrice to close a real estate deal with my law partner, guessing it was around 2008ish. I had two young sons and my partner said, "Hey, this is dumb but how about an autograph for my partner's sons?" He said "No problem!" and cracked open his briefcase and pulled out a stack of 4x6 pics of himself and said "Is one enough?"

Heard Steve Taylor was screwing Mickey's wife. Mickey found out and confronted from which this shit escalated.
Unless you are certain on this, why post this shit. If not true, it is just garbage that makes even more people look like shit, and potentially ruins more relationships unnecessarily. Just a little tact might be in order.

Here's a funny Steve Taylor story. He came to my office in Beatrice to close a real estate deal with my law partner, guessing it was around 2008ish. I had two young sons and my partner said, "Hey, this is dumb but how about an autograph for my partner's sons?" He said "No problem!" and cracked open his briefcase and pulled out a stack of 4x6 pics of himself and said "Is one enough?"
Sounds about right.

I heard this, too

There are so many stories going around and everyone is sure they know. Since last night I’ve heard:

PJ found out MJ had a girlfriend, got drunk and confronted him.

PJ caught with trainer who is a man.

PJ caught with trainer who is a woman.

PJ caught with a former Husker QB

PJ caught with a current Husker WR

One thing is for sure, Husker land loves a good soap opera.

There are so many stories going around and everyone is sure they know. Since last night I’ve heard:

What's sure is that trolls are having a field day.

UPDATE: The Lincoln police actually said the incident involved an argument about the wife's infidelity.

Last edited:
Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie

Is number 3 actually a rumor?

Reactions: headcard

I heard it was Jose Ramos.

Just remember, he is being charged, not convicted yet. Ya'll should wait to pass judgement until the full story comes out.
He will get due process and a fair trial, but there are far more cases of domestic abusers getting away with it than there are innocent men in prison. Strangulation shows it likely isn't the first time he has committed domestic violence. You don't go from 0 to strangulation. We also know Joseph's view on domestic violence from his LSU days where he covered up Drake Davis's domestic abuse.

He is a bad person and has zero business coaching at Nebraska.

Dude, I was at that game. Had a heroic hangover and my seats were in the Southern Miss section. The smell of all the chewing tobacco added to the hangover put me in near vom stage the entire game.
But you were fine with Nebraska's performance?

ADVERTISEMENT