ADVERTISEMENT

Apathy

We are 2-3. I’m not asking for him to be fired you moron. But if I’m critical I should find another team to cheer for? You take this joint too seriously.
First off. Fvck you.

Second I wasn't telling you to go find another team. Only saying that's the alternative to hoping that this hire is the hire to turn it around. It's been five games, probably a good idea to see how the season unfolds before declaring this another failure of a coching hire.

It would seem you take this place fairly seriously yourself, pal.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
We’re not just ‘behind’… the reason we are has to be nefarious. It doesn’t make sense. It seems almost intentional…

Exactly. It's bizarre that more people don't see this. Something is at work. Certainly there's an issue where we aren't interested in doing what it takes to win. There's really only one way to do it now, you have to be ruthless and care about it above all else. You demand winning or unload on people that don't take it seriously, it requires expeecting everyone to perform at a high level and not be a nice guy about it. You don't have time to spend every dinner with your wife and family, you just don't. That's how it is. But it's more than that, and would require a lawsuit to sort out. We'd need to get discovery on the AD, the big 10, etc. to see what's going on because something is.

First off. Fvck you.

Second I wasn't telling you to go find another team. Only saying that's the alternative to hoping that this hire is the hire to turn it around. It's been five games, probably a good idea to see how the season unfolds before declaring this another failure of a coching hire.

Go troll someone else, dipshit

Reactions: leodisflowers
First off. Fvck you.

Mainstream Johnny at it again

Protecting the administration at all costs is hard work. Surely you’re not becoming unraveled, Mainstream?

Look, I shouldn’t be mean. I just disagree that Rhule is doing a good job and I also believe 5 games is enough to form an opinion about their job. I hope he gets better as time passes and you end up being right.

And I’m sorry for being bitter. It’s not good of me
Big of you. Mainstream Johnny would never.

Reactions: c3o
Look, I shouldn’t be mean. I just disagree that Rhule is doing a good job and I also believe 5 games is enough to form an opinion about their job. I hope he gets better as time passes and you end up being right.

And I’m sorry for being bitter. It’s not good of me
Meh, I'm never really too worried about what gets posted here. It's a message board. Plus I post plenty of shitty things here. I kind of expect it in return.

I disagree. I think it's five games. I don't think Rhule is doing a bad job. I also remember Rhule saying that it wasn't gonna happen over night.

It isn't happening overnight for Sanders either. He just happens to have a legit qb, which we all know is pretty damned important.

Reactions: c3o
Meh, I'm never really too worried about what gets posted here. It's a message board. Plus I post plenty of shitty things here. I kind of expect it in return.

I disagree. I think it's five games. I don't think Rhule is doing a bad job. I also remember Rhule saying that it wasn't gonna happen over night.

It isn't happening overnight for Sanders either. He just happens to have a legit qb, which we all know is pretty damned important.
I’d be far happier with Prime’s performance so far. They’ve had a much tougher schedule and showed out in all games except 1.

Like I said, I hope your optimism proves correct. I’ll gladly be wrong

I’d be far happier with Prime’s performance so far. They’ve had a much tougher schedule and showed out in all games except 1.

Like I said, I hope your optimism proves correct. I’ll gladly be wrong
They may only win two more games the rest of the way.

Rhule doesn't get to decide it'll take a few years.

Frost and Riley both said basically the same thing at the beginning of their tenure. Rhule’s D has improved tackling fundamentals over previous regimes, other than that it’s same ‘ol.

Biggest concern has and will remain recruiting. The athletes considering programs aren’t evidently quite as excited about our new gig as some of the fans here. You’d have thought we’d have had a massive portal haul, as popular as Rhule was here and in the media.

Why would I have a meltdown about something on this board?

You on the other hand have been absolutely broken.
Dude, you had a meltdown yesterday at 9 am because i didn’t tag you in my meme 🤣🤣

I’m just so proud that you admitted your posts are sh!tty. Well done sir. Baby steps..

Frost and Riley both said basically the same thing at the beginning of their tenure. Rhule’s D has improved tackling fundamentals over previous regimes, other than that it’s same ‘ol.

Biggest concern has and will remain recruiting. The athletes considering programs aren’t evidently quite as excited about our new gig as some of the fans here. You’d have thought we’d have had a massive portal haul, as popular as Rhule was here and in the media.
I don't remember Frost and Riley talking about being physically dominant.

I wonder how hard they go after kids know then portal this year. I wonder if they are gonna have the cash to buy some difference makers.

Dude, you had a meltdown yesterday at 9 am because i didn’t tag you in my meme 🤣🤣

I’m just so proud that you admitted your posts are sh!tty. Well done sir. Baby steps..
That wasn't a meltdown, that was calling you a pussy for talking shit without having the courage to tag me. Bitch move.

Poor you, broken by a message board. Lofl

That wasn't a meltdown, that was calling you a pussy for talking shit without having the courage to tag me. Bitch move.

Poor you, broken by a message board. Lofl
It’s ok.. my cousin had a bad case of meltdown denial syndrome too..

When Barry Switzer was laying half a hundred on Tom Osborne the stadium emptied out early as well. Just on observation from history.
Not only did Switzer never hang half a hundred on Osborne (the most he ever scored was 28 in Lincoln) or blow Nebraska out in Lincoln such that the stadium “emptied out early”

But TOs worse home loss was by 15 pts. In 1990 against Colorado and 91 vs Washington. In both those games Nebraska led going into the 4th quarter.

So again the stadium never “emptied out early” against Oklahoma or any opponent because we were losing at home under TO

It’s rich this guy is giving us an “observation from history” that is complete fiction. Makes one wonder if they are a Husker fan at all or another troll

Last edited:
I don't remember Frost and Riley talking about being physically dominant.

I wonder how hard they go after kids know then portal this year. I wonder if they are gonna have the cash to buy some difference makers.
It'll certainly be interesting to see. Rhule admittedly was a little 'late to the game' this last cycle, so he deserves A LITTLE latitude there. It needs to improve tho, and QUICKLY, IMHO. The previous staffs were also hired to 'rebuild' after abysmal prior results. Remember HCSF saying specifically 'this ain't gonna happen overnight', or something to that effect. Think Riley must have choked on his Boost or Ensure and had some squirt out his nose when confronted with the idea of recruiting.

This is a VERY interesting time to roll-out a half-billion dollar project, when we're missing some other pretty critical elements to our program.

I dont think its nefarious or intentional.

However, it is mind boggling.

Consider this: when you factor in money spent, brand, resources, amenities, and fan support….Nebraska has gotten the worst output from their input of any college football program the past 10 years and each and every year in those ten years, and its not even close.

Its flabbergasting. Beating Iowa in our worst year ever doesnt make up for that.
I almost agree that this travesty was intentional. All schools go through a down turn, everyone has, but most get back after hiring one or two new head coaches. How many schools could actually hire five head coaches and not get back to the records that they wanted? Granted, I believe we had the right coaches in Solich or Pelini but they did not have the support from the administration that they needed or deserved. Yes they both had shortcomings but a firm hand from a good AD could have fixed some of those shortfalls. But, it is what it is, Rhule needs to make good decisions about his assistants and we should be okay. If there is no significant improvement over the next few games, he needs to rethink his position on Raiola, McGuire, Foley and Saterfield. Any or all would have a major impact but he gets paid to make tough decisions.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
matt rhule was 1-7 in conference his first year at temple, left his fourth at 7-1.
matt rhule was 1-8 in conference his first year at baylor, left his third at 8-1.
wash, rinse, repeat at N? maybe.
You should know what you're getting with any coach by year 3.
And I hope Rhule is indeed great at developing players, because his current recruiting class has 21 two and three star players that will require a lot of development.

You should know what you're getting with any coach by year 3.
And I hope Rhule is indeed great at developing players, because his current recruiting class has 21 two and three star players that will require a lot of development.
He’s never recruited at a high level. We’re not Temple, and we’re not Baylor. And neither had to contend in conferences with the likes of Michigan. And still pre-NIL, I may add. Baylor will never compete well against Texas again (even though they won’t have to, they just don’t have the money).

Newsflash - Switzer never scored 50 on Nebraska in Lincoln or in Norman. He also never scored 40.

The most he ever scored in Lincoln was 28.

Switzer’s largest margin of victory in Lincoln was 14 pts in a game that was tied going into the 4th quarter. I highly doubt “the stadium emptied out early”

I see we are already at the point where people are flat out making sh*t up to advance a narrative
You're right, IdahoHusker. I was there, too. That's a boldfaced lie. Liar, liar! Pants on fire!

Not only did Switzer never hang half a hundred on Osborne (the most he ever scored was 28) or blow Nebraska out in Lincoln such that the stadium “emptied out early”

But TOs worse home loss was by 15 pts. In 1990 against Colorado and 91 vs Washington. In both those games Nebraska led going into the 4th quarter.

So again the stadium never “emptied out early” against Oklahoma or any opponent because we were losing at home under TO

It’s rich this guy is giving us an “observation from history” that is complete fiction. Makes one wonder if they are a Husker fan at all or another troll
Observation from History: Nebraska vs Oklahoma under Dr Tom Osborne
11/23/72 #4 OU-17 #5 NU-14 (Lincoln)
11/23/73 #3 OU-27 #10 NU-0 (Norman)
11/23/74 #1 OU-28 #6 NU-14 (Lincoln)
11/25/75 #7 OU-35 #2 NU-10 (Norman)
11/26/76 #8 OU-20 #10 NU-14 (Lincoln)
11/25/77 #3 OU-38 #11 NU-7 (Norman)
11/11/78 #1 OU-14 #4-NU-17 (Lincoln)
1/1/79 #4 OU-31 #6 NU-24 (Miami Orange Bowl)
11/24/79 #8 OU-17 #3 NU-14 (Norman)
11/22/80 #9 OU-21 #4 NU-17 (Lincoln)
11/17/84 #4 OU-17 #1 NU-7 (Lincoln)
11/23/85 #5 OU-27 #2 NU-7 (Norman)
11/22/86 #3 OU-20 #7 NU-17 (Lincoln)
11/21/87 #2 OU-17 #1 NU-7 (Lincoln)
I lived those days and do not tell me that the stadium did not empty out fast. It was no different than today... new year same old crap. "Laying half a hundred" was one Switzer's terms that Oklahoma just needed to out athlete a team that was giving them a scrap. Sorry to mislead you with a technically false statement. Will you be OK?

I lived those days and do not tell me that the stadium did not empty out fast. It was no different than today... new year same old crap. "Laying half a hundred" was one Switzer's terms that Oklahoma just needed to out athlete a team that was giving them a scrap. Sorry to mislead you with a technically false statement. Will you be OK?
I lived those days and do not tell me that the stadium did not empty out fast. It was no different than today

LOL - I see you are doubling down on your fabrication

please let us know which of the following Neb-OU games in Lincoln the stadium "emptied out early" in a game that often had national championship ramifications

was it the 1972 game where we led 14-10 in the 4th Q and lost by 3? or maybe
the 74 game where it was tied into the 4th Q?
the 76 game where we were leading in the 4th Q?
the 78 game where we won?
the 80 game where we led with 3:16 to play?
the 84 game where it was tied into the 4th Q?
the 86 game where we won?
the 87 game where it was a one score game in the 4th Q?

please help us out - i admit my history is a little rusty - which of those games did Memorial stadium "empty out early" against OU when we only trailed in one game going into the 4th quarter and never by more than one score

those Switzer-TO battles were "no different than today" -- LOL - what a pathetic troll effort

Last edited:
Dragon.. take the L and move on

LOL - I see you are doubling down on your fabrication

please let us know which of the following Neb-OU games in Lincoln the stadium "emptied out early" in a game that often had national championship ramifications

was it the 1972 game where we led 14-10 in the 4th Q and lost by 3? or maybe
the 74 game where it was tied into the 4th Q?
the 76 game where we were leading in the 4th Q?
the 78 game where we won?
the 80 game where we led with 3:16 to play?
the 84 game where it was tied into the 4th Q?
the 86 game where we won?
the 87 game where it was a one score game in the 4th Q?

please help us out - i admit my history is a little rusty - which of those games did Memorial stadium "empty out early" against OU when we only trailed in one game going into the 4th quarter and never by more than one score

those Switzer-TO battles were "no different than today" -- LOL - what a pathetic troll effort
I will brush up your history. People were no less disgusted at Tom Osborne after those annual losses than they were last Saturday. The losses were usually by a huge Oklahoma play because of a fundamental breakdown or turnover much like 2023 Minnesota. Does this help or are you still convinced of Nebraska domination over everyone until Riley and Frost? Would you like same help with Orange Bowl losses? I remember a Sporting News cover and article in 1994 that was about scrapping the entire bowl system because no one wanted to watch Tom Osborne's Nebraska Canhuskers get beat down by another Florida team. It is amazing how some people disdain the present because of rose colored glasses from a short time period 26 years ago.

Reactions: Truewooper
I will brush up your history. People were no less disgusted at Tom Osborne after those annual losses than they were last Saturday. The losses were usually by a huge Oklahoma play because of a fundamental breakdown or turnover much like 2023 Minnesota. Does this help or are you still convinced of Nebraska domination over everyone until Riley and Frost? Would you like same help with Orange Bowl losses? I remember a Sporting News cover and article in 1994 that was about scrapping the entire bowl system because no one wanted to watch Tom Osborne's Nebraska Canhuskers get beat down by another Florida team. It is amazing how some people disdain the present because of rose colored glasses from a short time period 26 years ago.
I’m well aware of the those instances. You are changing the narrative to deflect from your ridiculous assertion about Switzer hanging half a hundred on Osborne in Lincoln and memorial stadium emptying out early.

Observation from History: Nebraska vs Oklahoma : "Laying half a hundred" was one Switzer's terms that Oklahoma just needed to out athlete a team that was giving them a scrap.
The quote about having better athletes was “it isn’t the Xs and Os, it’s the Jimmies and Joes”

Hanging half a hundred was literally about putting up 50 on an opponent

This is a Husker site sir - we know our Husker history and don’t suffer fools

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT