ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama and Washington portal entries

dacred

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 11, 2002
Lot's of entries from these two schools and yet I don't hear of us offering any of them or are we? We NIL a walkon Wyoming commit but no news from any player from these schools?

seems rhule has been shoring up our weakest links...this trend needs to take root and be a continuous cycle forward.

Reactions: baseball31ne
OP, you do realize that literally the entire top 25 also want these players?
We are full as it is with the handful we got, and these dudes wouldn’t come here anyway. For now, I am pleased with our roster churn

Lot's of entries from these two schools and yet I don't hear of us offering any of them or are we? We NIL a walkon Wyoming commit but no news from any player from these schools?

giphy.gif

Hang in there nocred, they’re on their way now.
wambulance.gif

Reactions: V-Doub
Reportedly Texas and Old Miss are among the schools aggressively shopping the Alabama roster. It helps their rosters and also damages the roster of a significant conference competitor. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

OP, you do realize that literally the entire top 25 also want these players?
We are full as it is with the handful we got, and these dudes wouldn’t come here anyway. For now, I am pleased with our roster churn
Would you rather have 9 5.5 3 stars or major contributors from a playoff team?

Are you unhappy with how Rhule has handled the portal?
Not at all but who would have forecasted the quality players entering the portal from Bama and Washington. As a leader of a company, if talent presents itself to me, I will hire and figure out where to put him/her later. For us not to and maybe we are, but for us not to reach out and offer players especially in position of need, throws a red flag for me. I'm not whining or crying, merely asking a question. When you have the opportunity to get better, you get better and it appears that we are not taking advantage of a situation that does not present itself very often. These are not transfers from directional schools or bottom feeders or leaving because of playing time, many are contributors.

Reactions: oldjar07
Not at all but who would have forecasted the quality players entering the portal from Bama and Washington. As a leader of a company, if talent presents itself to me, I will hire and figure out where to put him/her later. For us not to and maybe we are, but for us not to reach out and offer players especially in position of need, throws a red flag for me. I'm not whining or crying, merely asking a question. When you have the opportunity to get better, you get better and it appears that we are not taking advantage of a situation that does not present itself very often. These are not transfers from directional schools or bottom feeders or leaving because of playing time, many are contributors.
We have a rivals 4 star Edge coming in this weekend. Who signed with Washington before DeBoer left......

I would too. What are the odds that a 5.5 3 star is that guy vs a contributing member from a playoff team?
You must be super excited about the 4 star edge visiting this weekend. Or are you worried about Rhule cutting a good player for him?

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
I get why Deboer left U Dub, but going to Alabama he will always be a fish out of water. He has no ties to the south. They will turn on him in a second. I know Mike Price did a completely stupid thing getting caught with a stripper, but I thought the same thing about him leaving WSU for Alabama. I told people back then that Mike and no idea what he was getting himself into. Unfortunately for him Price found out before he could even coach a game. I thought Deboer would have been better off to wait for Ohio State-Michigan-Penn State to open up.

Sure sounded like you're complaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT