ADVERTISEMENT

Portal WR's

2 qb's, we will not get thru a season with injury. need someone capable to take over and win a tough game
2-3 wr's. with our qb play who really knows what we have
2 ot's tired of watching the mexican bull fighters routine
2 dt's just add quality depth
These numbers are way out of left field.

Reactions: headcard
Burks would be good.
He will be really good at a school that can take attention off him for someone else. Rumor is he wanted more in NIL than the best two sack artist in the big ten. Purdue kept them instead and kept the rest of the money for portal help. Smart move

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
He will be really good at a school that can take attention off him for someone else. Rumor is he wanted more in NIL than the best two sack artist in the big ten. Purdue kept them instead and kept the rest of the money for portal help. Smart move
How much we talking?

Rhule gets paid a ton of money to manage his roster. And if he’s corners himself, satisfied with a huge group of young, unproven, not super highly-ranked prospects to develop, at the expense of leveraging proven portal opportunities, then it’s on him to deliver the results with the road he’s paved.

No more excuses. period.
This is somewhat reasonable.

Still need to allow time for improvement.

Reactions: HominidHusker
That will be it until spring time, have to see how many leave after spring practice. What a difference compared to the previous years of portal life for us. I think it’s a sign of stability, something that’s been absent for the program for a long time .
Did we take anyone after spring last year? Tends to be lower talented guys in spring. What I'm told.

Reactions: BleedRed78
With all of the attention on portal QB's, I think it is every bit as important, if not more so, that the wide receiver room be flipped as well. There's a lot of good ones in the portal. I think anybody on this top 20 list would be better than anybody we have had at the position this last year. https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/TransferPortalTop/?positionkey=14

My dream haul would be:
Fleming- Ohio State
Beaux Collins- Clemson
Maclin- North Texas

I place a lot of value on guys who have seen playing time at big time schools. Getting two or three high quality receivers from the transfer portal would transform this offense overnight. And hopefully never again will we see the embarrassing display as we have seen from the offense this season.
I agree…..but get a big name QB first and then getting a top WR transfer will be so much easier

Have to prioritize QB, maybe OL and LB.
This 100%. Have to have a qb. Need a OT if Benhart leaves. Would be nice to have one either way. Would like a difference maker at LB. Take a WR if a difference maker is available. Take a 2nd qb if the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Did we take anyone after spring last year? Tends to be lower talented guys in spring. What I'm told.
Yeah I can see it being lower talented guys in the spring, but that can be a big difference lower talented at say a big ten west team vs one from Georgia or Bama. I don’t know if we took one after spring or not I doubt it since they were way over limit heading into it

Reactions: Truewooper
Juice Wells is from South Carolina meaning Satts either recruited him or at least was OC when Wells was there. They must have some kind of relationship. I’d think Wells should be at the top of our target list.
Well you'd think if Satt was actually worth a shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT