2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

F5Tornado

Senior
Jul 19, 2018
I swear, the stats tell a different story than the score. Ohio State will feast on this team if they make all the mistakes they did tonight.

Reactions: Chuck003

redfanusa

First Team All-Big Ten
Feb 6, 2009
Tough win against a bad Illinois team. Four turnovers, 11 penalties for 119 yards, and needed a come from behind win.

The good news is that the defense generally played tough, we found a few star players on offense, and Martinez seemed to get some of his mojo back right at the end.

SC_'sker

Recruiting Coordinator
Mar 4, 2013
Thank you Jesus!!! Glad the offense was able to get it together and the D tightened up when they needed to.

Reactions: headcard

Hoosker Du

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2001
People think Adrian has lost a step, but that isn't it at all. Did you see him increasing the distance between he and a DB on his long run? It's because when the defense gets penetration, it cuts down on running angles to the outside. It's more difficult to turn the corner.

dand84

Senior
Oct 28, 2017
We got 3 wins, one more to match last year and 2 more for a bowl. Winning on the road with this young team is not easy, so I’ll take it. My biggest concern are the knocks we are taking. Not sure how long some of these players are going to last.

Suhrreal

Graduate Assistant
Jun 1, 2009
People think Adrian has lost a step, but that isn't it at all. Did you see him increasing the distance between he and a DB on his long run? It's because when the defense gets penetration, it cuts down on running angles to the outside. It's more difficult to turn the corner.
I'm glad he turned the corner in the second half, but he was complete dog **** in the first half. Made some terrible decisions in the run game. Night and day difference in the two halves.

Reactions: Chuck003

Hoosker Du

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2001
We got 3 wins, one more to match last year and 2 more for a bowl. Winning on the road with this young team is not easy, so I’ll take it. My biggest concern are the knocks we are taking. Not sure how long some of these players are going to last.
That concern is greater than our defense repeatedly giving up huge yards and points???

CP84

Sep 10, 2013
Beat a terrible Illini team and needed a blown pass interference and hold to do it. 6 wins is the ceiling for this team.

cubsker

Head Coach
May 29, 2003
Martinez needs to go. I miss Joe Dailey right now.
You want to see oline blocking. Watch Illinois
2 is just really bad right now
Just absolutely gutless by AM. Your team sees that. Big players make big plays AM.
This is all on the offense. This is all on AM. Bench him. He is not mentally able to handle this.
This team doesn’t care they’ve cashed it in for tonight
Good gawd. The offense blows! The D is the only thing we have.l, but they aren’t MSU.
good times

Reactions: Top_Gun_

shocksker

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 10, 2014
I have to give Illinois major credit, they were hitting like boulders on defense and they made life miserable trying to strip the ball every time.
my comment exactly, that team flat out hit Nebraska. They were more physical and we were better coached. It showed. I thought Scott called the best game of the year. In fact if he repeats and we dont fumble and injuries arent bad we havr that punchers chance we wanted at home at noght with Ohio State.

8th Street

Walk On
Dec 1, 2009

Uh, he got caught . . .