ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

I swear, the stats tell a different story than the score. Ohio State will feast on this team if they make all the mistakes they did tonight.

Reactions: Chuck003
Tough win against a bad Illinois team. Four turnovers, 11 penalties for 119 yards, and needed a come from behind win.

The good news is that the defense generally played tough, we found a few star players on offense, and Martinez seemed to get some of his mojo back right at the end.

Thank you Jesus!!! Glad the offense was able to get it together and the D tightened up when they needed to.

Reactions: headcard
People think Adrian has lost a step, but that isn't it at all. Did you see him increasing the distance between he and a DB on his long run? It's because when the defense gets penetration, it cuts down on running angles to the outside. It's more difficult to turn the corner.

We got 3 wins, one more to match last year and 2 more for a bowl. Winning on the road with this young team is not easy, so I’ll take it. My biggest concern are the knocks we are taking. Not sure how long some of these players are going to last.

People think Adrian has lost a step, but that isn't it at all. Did you see him increasing the distance between he and a DB on his long run? It's because when the defense gets penetration, it cuts down on running angles to the outside. It's more difficult to turn the corner.

I'm glad he turned the corner in the second half, but he was complete dog **** in the first half. Made some terrible decisions in the run game. Night and day difference in the two halves.

Reactions: Chuck003
the 12th best QB in the league went 22 of 34 for 327 yds with 3 TDs and 0 INTs and ran 18 times for 118 yards. I have that right, @SC_'sker?

Reactions: bmb81664
We got 3 wins, one more to match last year and 2 more for a bowl. Winning on the road with this young team is not easy, so I’ll take it. My biggest concern are the knocks we are taking. Not sure how long some of these players are going to last.

That concern is greater than our defense repeatedly giving up huge yards and points???

Beat a terrible Illini team and needed a blown pass interference and hold to do it. 6 wins is the ceiling for this team.

Martinez needs to go. I miss Joe Dailey right now.

You want to see oline blocking. Watch Illinois

2 is just really bad right now

Just absolutely gutless by AM. Your team sees that. Big players make big plays AM.

This is all on the offense. This is all on AM. Bench him. He is not mentally able to handle this.

This team doesn’t care they’ve cashed it in for tonight

Good gawd. The offense blows! The D is the only thing we have.l, but they aren’t MSU.

good times

Reactions: Top_Gun_
I have to give Illinois major credit, they were hitting like boulders on defense and they made life miserable trying to strip the ball every time.
my comment exactly, that team flat out hit Nebraska. They were more physical and we were better coached. It showed. I thought Scott called the best game of the year. In fact if he repeats and we dont fumble and injuries arent bad we havr that punchers chance we wanted at home at noght with Ohio State.

Uh, he got caught . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT