ADVERTISEMENT

20 May: Nebraseball wearing alternate scarlet jerseys and white pants.

CAN WE CLOSE THIS ONE OUT? Oh, yeah, probably.
I feel safe with the win, obviously, but I want to see us shut them out to keep full momentum going into the tournament and not come off a 9th-inning let up. Keep the foot on the gas!

Childs grounds into 6-4-3 double play.

21-0 Huskers, Mid 9.
Dang. More left on base!!!! Ok, I'll quit complaining. Somebody mentioned earlier about baseball team scoring more than football team. I would be tickled pink with this FB score.

Reactions: saluno22
Bottom 9:
Leadoff walk
P1, basket catch behind the mound in the P-SS-3B Bermuda triangle, bobbled going to the ground. Was really the only player who could make the play.
F9 in right-center
Double to RF corner, lead runner holds at 3rd.
RBI single past 3B
E6 scores another
RBI single up the middle
P6 ends the game

NEBRASEBALL WINS 21-3 AND TAKES THE BIG TEN REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Wrong. They are going to see a Pittsburgh Pirates game tomorrow, and then stop to work out in Columbus, OH on Monday on the way to Bloomington.
Just reporting what I heard. Thanks for posting the correction!

That's similar to what they did 2 years ago when the regular season finale was at Illinois and tourney in Minneapolis.

Yeah-I don't know where the PSU radio guy got his information.
Maybe a bottle of Jameson?

I love that on their video stream, they are usually late or absent in cutting the audio for the radio broadcast (but also late coming back from break), so you hear the conversation when they don't think they're on the air.

One of their guests during the first two games made a "this broadcast brought to you by Jameson Irish Whiskey" reference when they probably thought they were off air.

To be honest, that is pretty embarrassing. But I guess there are many other schools in the B1G that haven't won a championship in the 3 major sports since 2011 either. Probably around what, 8 or 9 schools?

2012- Purdue
2013 & 2014- Indiana
2015- Illinois
2016- Minnesota
2017- Nebraska

Congrats to the team on the Big Ten title. Barring a really quick out in the conference tournament, this should also secure NU a #2 seed in a regional. Going on the road to win a regional is a tall order, but stranger things have happened.

Good to see Husker baseball being relevant again. Hopefully this is a springboard to sustained success.

Need to score me one of those hats.;)

That would be sweet. I do have me an official fitted cap though.

IMG_20170520_150956_zpshcimqxek.jpg

this tournament is setting up to be scheduling mess...looks like rain and lots of it this week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT