ADVERTISEMENT

20 May: Nebraseball wearing alternate scarlet jerseys and white pants.

Bottom 4: 1-2-3 for Meyers
F8
K swinging, tagged out by C to complete the play
F8

Couple of pitches going errant for Meyers that inning, but hard to argue with the results. Pitch count now at 52.

Schreiber triples to right-center past a diving RF, Altavilla scores.

11-0 Huskers, 1 out, runner on 3rd for Miller.

Bottom 5: 1-2-3 for Meyers
K swinging
K swinging
F9 to the warning track

Pitch count now at 62.

12-0 Nebraseball, End 5.

I believe!!!!

rs_384x216-150304133531-1286177145_005.gif

Hagge RBI single up the middle scores Wilkening.

13-0 Huskers.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out for Meyers.

Glad the game is official. Hopefully if the rain picks up, they won't wait long to just pull the trigger and call it.

Reactions: saluno22
2-RBI single for Altavilla past the SS.

15-0 Huskers.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 our for Schreiber.

Wild pitch advances both runners 90 feet.

2-RBI single up the middle for Schreiber makes it 17-0 Huskers.

Runner on 1st, 1 out for Miller.

Would be nice if common sense prevails and this is the last inning. As much as I enjoy watching Penn State get bludgeoned in any athletic event, no reason to play in the rain when the game is completely out of hand.

I think it's safe to say that Nebraska is the 2017 regular season Baseball Champions. :p:);).

In NCAA and NAIA college baseball, the game will end if a team is ahead by at least 10 runs after seven innings in a scheduled 9-inning game. Most NCAA conferences limit the rule to the final day of a series, for travel reasons, or during conference tournaments, to allow the next game to start.

Just got back from the gym. 17-0, very happy! However, the way things have been going in this series, I'm not going to uncork the Champagne until the last out. PSU does have a long hill to climb though.

Nothing is guaranteed yet...back in 2011, NU had a 17-0 lead at State College, then had to hang on for dear life to win at the end.

That was football, but I think the point remains....

Miller singles through the right side.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out for Alvarado.

So far today, Nebraska is...
11 for 20 with runners on
8 for 16 with RISP
4 for 9 with 2 outs

Schreiber out at home on wild pitch that bounced off the backstop hard, came up limping.

Alvarado walks on the play.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 out for Roskam.

Gotta give the P.A. man credit, It can't be easy to muster fake enthusiasm at any point in the Penn State baseball season, but especially right now.

Would be nice if common sense prevails and this is the last inning. As much as I enjoy watching Penn State get bludgeoned in any athletic event, no reason to play in the rain when the game is completely out of hand.
Should implement 10 run rule

Bottom 6: 1-2-3 for Meyers AGAIN
P4 to shallow center
K swinging
K looking

Meyers now at 71 pitches.

17-0 Huskers, End 7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT