ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite place to eat

donahues17

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 5, 2005
within walking distance of Pinnacle Bank Arena? We ate at BurgerFi and it was amazing. Wanted to go to Buffalo Wings and Rings but it had a 45 minute wait. Any other places with really good food near there that you would recommend? We got to Lincoln about 6:00 and places were already packed. Atmosphere down there is really nice especially with the ice rink and big screen.

My favorite is Mellow Mushroom although the service can be slow. I've heard great things about Hopcat and if you are a beer drinker they have like 120 different beers on tap. I've been there for a couple of beers but not to eat. Not a fan of Buffalo Wings and Rings.

Reactions: bvkley
If the food is that good, I don't mind waiting for an hour. I know the BWR in Omaha is really good. That is where my kids wanted to eat. We then went to the bar downstairs and they were full as well and recommended BurgerFi.

Leadbellys has great bar food, Blue and Hiro 88 are both pretty good sushi for the middle of the country if you're into that too.

The new Oklahoma Joes will be top shelf when it opens.
Bit overrated in my opinion. Have had their ribs a few times. Decent not great.
Wife had brisket and that was pretty good. Havent tried their pulled pork.

Rather smoke my own ribs with head country rub.

Bit overrated in my opinion. Have had their ribs a few times. Decent not great.
Wife had brisket and that was pretty good. Havent tried their pulled pork.

Rather smoke my own ribs with head country rub.

Ever been to the Head Country in ponca city? Goooooood stuff

Reactions: ExxHusker
Gate 25 might have the best food in the Railyard area. Eating there shortly before games/concerts is tough, though, due to its set-up as a bar first, restaurant second.

Buzzard Billys, another classic stop...NZone has great pizza & wings...never had a bad meal at El Potrero

I have heard good things about buzzard Billy's. Nevery eaten there. I do love me some mellow mushroom. I have had pizza and a hoagie "meatball" loved both. They use a big stone oven no conveyor belt. So it does take a bit to get food.

I have always liked Mellow Mushroom. And Gate 25 is very good.

Hate Lazlos. Liked the old Lazlos before the renovations of ten or so years ago. Used to have great steaks. Now it is overrated beer, lousy and rude service, and so so food

Went Gate 25 after the Iowa Basketball and closed the bar down that night because we spent the night in Lincoln hotel they didn't serve any food because it was to late but loved the bar..

Like going Buzzard Billy's and having their crawfish fettuccine dish, always packed after the home games..

Leadbelly's is great too.

Anyone remember Miami Slice on O street in the early 2000s? I think it may have been where Brothers currently is...that place had some great, late-night drunken munchie pizza...it was on par with Lazarris

Reactions: coach00036
I have always liked Mellow Mushroom. And Gate 25 is very good.

Hate Lazlos. Liked the old Lazlos before the renovations of ten or so years ago. Used to have great steaks. Now it is overrated beer, lousy and rude service, and so so food
Bad service at Lazlos? If Ive ever had ANY problem, Ive got that item comped on the ticket. And a few times just for waiting a bit had entire meals comped and $25 gift cards.

The fish market in old town Alexandria (Northern VA)..... fox brothers in Atlanta..... Versailles in little Havana (Miami), Puckets (Franklin TN), Malnati's Pizzeria (Chicago), Oklahoma Joes (47th St KC), Blatts (168th & Center, Omaha).... I'll stop.... too many too lost!!!

Bad service at Lazlos? If Ive ever had ANY problem, Ive got that item comped on the ticket. And a few times just for waiting a bit had entire meals comped and $25 gift cards.
I have had other people say the same thing to me about Lazlos that you are. But I can only go by my experiences there, which have not been good. But maybe I have just been unlucky.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
If it's Friday not a doubt in my mind. Lazlos. THE BEST clam chowder I have ever eaten.
Buzzard Billy's: Fried Alligator & Armadillo Eggs if the clam chowder isn't available.

I have had other people say the same thing to me about Lazlos that you are. But I can only go by my experiences there, which have not been good. But maybe I have just been unlucky.
I hear ya. Doesnt matter if everyone else you know has a great experience someplace, you get a finger in your soup and it kinda sours you on the place. ;)

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I have always liked Mellow Mushroom.

I went to Mellow Mushroom in another city. Pizza was decent but way overpriced. The service was nonexistent. Overrated in my book based on my experience.

I get better food/service at Runza at the Student Union on game days. Winking

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I went to Mellow Mushroom in another city. Pizza was decent but way overpriced. The service was nonexistent. Overrated in my book based on my experience.

I get better food/service at Runza at the Student Union on game days. Winking
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely not within walking distance to PBA but

Donovan's Steakhouse - La Jolla

lajolla-dining-view-lg.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT