ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln one of top 100 U.S cities to live.

The city is real shit at designing roads except they have done a great job designing a belt way...wat? Freeways kill city infrastructure and flow within a city, better to wait until you absolutely need one because they are costly and inevitably lead to rot within the city itself as people bypass shops, fooderies, parks and other things to zoom from suburb to suburb. The one thing I love about having to drive through Lincoln is being reminded that human beings live and love within the city, are moving into older neighborhoods and revitalizing areas instead of just moving to cookie cutter facades far-away from city life.
Let me guess, you live in an apartment right? This view is valid if you want to live in an urban downtown type area. Which is fine, but in no way does enabling the efficient flow of transportation "kill city infrastructure." What kills a city is congestion. People hate it so they leave. At least the smart ones.

Reactions: Jaemekon
I realize this going a bit far afield from the original topic, but I used to go to Portland and Seattle fairly often in the 80s. Great cities with unbelievable things to do (espec. Seattle) but now both are no-go third world cities in many respects.
Elon was just on the Rogan podcast and mentioned other than Berkeley, CA that Portland might be the only place farther left. And both places are leading to the total breakdown of society in those areas.

Let me guess, you live in an apartment right? This view is valid if you want to live in an urban downtown type area. Which is fine, but in no way does enabling the efficient flow of transportation "kill city infrastructure." What kills a city is congestion. People hate it so they leave. At least the smart ones.

i avoid the congestion. the bypass actually allows me to visit parts of town i would have otherwise avoided.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
i avoid the congestion. the bypass actually allows me to visit parts of town i would have otherwise avoided.
Same here. I'm not traveling through some quaint neighborhood where it takes 2 or 3 cycles to get through a stop light because some lookie-loos can't drive properly.

I will say the Lincoln/Omaha area is very nice relative to a lot of the rest of the country. Especially east Lincoln/west Omaha. Very new, modern areas. Lincoln could very much benefit from having more entertainment options or an entertainment district on the east side. The biggest drawback is the weather. It's improved and grown a lot.

Idk them. How much tread do you have left before it hits the wear bars? How many miles was the tire warrantied for?

good questions. unsure. not much on the front, i don't know the measurement or anything. I'll dig deeper on the warranty, maybe i can press them to pay for new tires for me 😍🤙.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
I will say the Lincoln/Omaha area is very nice relative to a lot of the rest of the country. Especially east Lincoln/west Omaha. Very new, modern areas. Lincoln could very much benefit from having more entertainment options or an entertainment district on the east side. The biggest drawback is the weather. It's improved and grown a lot.

i agree, it's a nice area. getting to anything is a nightmare currently. maybe as they develop down here by the bypass, we will be able to get a solid entertainment area. instead of more of the same old stuff. it seems like we always get more apartments, more coffee places, more gyms, more banks, more reality offices, more runzas, more insurance offices, etc..

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
People that say Lincoln is difficult to recruit to are people that don’t know how to recruit it. I’ll catch hell for saying this but would have loved to see what Mickey could have done in Lincoln as a recruiter. He was definitely one guy that got how to sell Lincoln to inner city kids.

People that say Lincoln is difficult to recruit to are people that don’t know how to recruit it. I’ll catch hell for saying this but would have loved to see what Mickey could have done in Lincoln as a recruiter. He was definitely one guy that got how to sell Lincoln to inner city kids.
Sure. As an assistant.

what's up with that homeless person that's allowed to dump up south 92nd st? they usually have all their trash posted up around that bus stop by the heart institute.

bro, i can see through your bullshit, clean it up, and get off the street.

Agree or disagree? I love Lincoln. Not too big to have the crime and traffic like Omaha but big enough to do the concerts, Husker games, restaurants, etc. I know @Jaemekon hates the traffic. Rep your city and do you like living there?
Lincoln is a fantastic city, but I hate the refugee part. All of these refugees do nothing but make these towns worse. Cozad, Lexington and Grand Island all have to deal with these scumbags that come in and cause chaos on everything. I only mentioned those towns because I have first hand knowledge of what happens there and how the Somalis and Sudanese in these towns act.

Lincoln is a fantastic city, but I hate the refugee part. All of these refugees do nothing but make these towns worse. Cozad, Lexington and Grand Island all have to deal with these scumbags that come in and cause chaos on everything. I only mentioned those towns because I have first hand knowledge of what happens there and how the Somalis and Sudanese in these towns act.
I love it when when inaction ruins everything resulting in nothing more than whining about it online. It's a great strategy and has totally paid off.
Oh don't worry, I'm not sticking my neck out for you guys, watching politicians and courts imprison people for exercising their rights has kinda destroyed any notion of that.
Meanwhile, the vet down the street smiles happily as his roof is reshingled by nothing by "immigrants" because it hailed and he can claim it even though the house was built only 5 years ago. Gotta have that shiny new roof.
(I dont need a lesson on hail and roofing my house was hit too)

I love it when when inaction ruins everything resulting in nothing more than whining about it online. It's a great strategy and has totally paid off.
Oh don't worry, I'm not sticking my neck out for you guys, watching politicians and courts imprison people for exercising their rights has kinda destroyed any notion of that.
Meanwhile, the vet down the street smiles happily as his roof is reshingled by nothing by "immigrants" because it hailed and he can claim it even though the house was built only 5 years ago. Gotta have that shiny new roof.
Are you wasted and having a conversation with yourself right now?

• Haha
Reactions: ATX Husker
I had trouble following most of this. The Hispanics do lot of roofing, lawn, care, construction and meat packing. I have no idea what the Somalians do for work. They do spend a lot of time at Walmart though.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I had trouble following most of this. The Hispanics do lot of roofing, lawn, care, construction and meat packing. I have no idea what the Somalians do for work. They do spend a lot of time at Walmart though.
taxi

From the list:
Where do locals shop in Lincoln?
A beloved favorite is Eyes of the World Imports, which sources fair-trade goods and home decor from around the world.

I think I've seen it, small specialty shop in the Haymarket?
I'd be willing to bet if I went there right now I'd be the only customer.
To say it's where the locals shop is disingenuous. I don't think I've even heard anyone talk about it. Am I missing a hidden gem?
Walmart is where the locals shop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT