ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln one of top 100 U.S cities to live.

allegedly.
tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: Laner2 and Jaemekon

Lincoln, NE, Is One of the Best Cities To Live in America​

All are welcome in Lincoln, NE, from college students to retirees. Lincoln is a refugee resettlement city, and this is a place with a heartfelt commitment to helping its immigrant and refugee community thrive.

As one of the best places to live in the U.S., the capital of Nebraska offers a low cost of living and a high quality of life with access to more than 120 parks, average commute times under 20 minutes and a whole lot of hometown pride (Go, Huskers!). At the center of it all is The Railyard, an entertainment district with restaurants and bars. The Railyard is across from Pinnacle Bank Arena, a 15,500 arena that hosts concerts and sporting events.

In recent years, Lincoln has become known for both its growing craft beer and foodie scenes. The Haymarket District, a revitalized area of town where the past meets the present, houses various restaurants, boutiques and galleries. Stretch your legs at Holmes Lake, a 110-acre reservoir, where visitors can fish, bike and walk along the trails or visit the free Hyde Memorial Observatory.
No no no no !

Don't get me wrong, I love Lincoln, but the city street infrastructure and city street works department are a freaking joke. They have no idea of how the city is growing and have wasted ten to hundreds of millions of dollars on redoing streets and roads in newer parts of the city to widen and or accommodate higher traffic flow. The inability to go north/south is a real issue.

The new south belt way connecting 77 to Hwy 2 is a game changer, at least for me.
The South Beltway isn't being promoted, if at all. Still plenty of trucks are still on NB Pkwy and still slowing it down. Why did we pay for a beltway if nobody is gonna use it??

Also, turn 27th St into a freeway. It connects everything from south to north.

Reactions: kruller
Also, turn 27th St into a freeway. It connects everything from south to north.
Good luck getting that one past the old guard that belongs to Lincoln Country Club.

Unless something has changed dramatically since I lived in Lincoln, that stretch of 27th will still be a chokepoint two-lane long after all of us are in the ground.

Is it? Do you have any data to support that or you just going off the Nextdoor App complaints?
I find it so funny people (mainly older folks) always say "this kind of stuff never happened in my day" yea no shit you didn't notice what was going on because there wasn't social media, ring cameras and the nextdoor app for all you to cackle over everything... Data shows property crime rate has decreased from 2003 to Today for not only Lincoln but Omaha and Nebraska as a whole..
I'm sure that rant comforted you but Jae is not that old.

Reactions: Jaemekon
How did you figure that ?

I dont know your neighborhood so I can't look but Lincoln as a whole has decreased since 2003
So overall crime may be down but rapes, assaults and theft are up. I guess the overall number is all that matters. Unless you get raped, assaulted, or have property stolen. I stand corrected. Lincoln is a Utopia

Lincoln, NE, Is One of the Best Cities To Live in America​

All are welcome in Lincoln, NE, from college students to retirees. Lincoln is a refugee resettlement city, and this is a place with a heartfelt commitment to helping its immigrant and refugee community thrive.

As one of the best places to live in the U.S., the capital of Nebraska offers a low cost of living and a high quality of life with access to more than 120 parks, average commute times under 20 minutes and a whole lot of hometown pride (Go, Huskers!). At the center of it all is The Railyard, an entertainment district with restaurants and bars. The Railyard is across from Pinnacle Bank Arena, a 15,500 arena that hosts concerts and sporting events.

In recent years, Lincoln has become known for both its growing craft beer and foodie scenes. The Haymarket District, a revitalized area of town where the past meets the present, houses various restaurants, boutiques and galleries. Stretch your legs at Holmes Lake, a 110-acre reservoir, where visitors can fish, bike and walk along the trails or visit the free Hyde Memorial Observatory.
I think Lincoln is a great city and deserves a place on this list. I was in the Seattle area two weeks ago at a native Nebraskan's home (Hastings). I told her Lincoln is no longer a sleepy little college town and capitol city but a vibrant, booming city. If it were less humid in the summers and had a ski hill just outside of town I would move there tomorrow.

I looked at all the cities on the list. No way is Tacoma on the list when say Bellevue or Mercer Island, Washington are not. Bellevue is on the eastside of Lake Washington. Great, safe neighborhoods, the lake, Costco headquarters in nearby Kirkland and Microsoft in Redmond. Mercer Island is in the middle of Lake Washington, that says it all and you cannot buy a home there for less than a mil. Tacoma simply does not stand up to these two places. (There are many parts of Tacoma where I would not go unless I was carrying.)

Reactions: HBK4life
Don't get me wrong, I love Lincoln, but the city street infrastructure and city street works department are a freaking joke. They have no idea of how the city is growing and have wasted ten to hundreds of millions of dollars on redoing streets and roads in newer parts of the city to widen and or accommodate higher traffic flow. The inability to go north/south is a real issue.

The new south belt way connecting 77 to Hwy 2 is a game changer, at least for me.

So overall crime may be down but rapes, assaults and theft are up. I guess the overall number is all that matters. Unless you get raped, assaulted, or have property stolen. I stand corrected. Lincoln is a Utopia
Rape is up from 2 years as there is only 2 years of reported data.. Assault is down from the date I stated 2003 as well as theft so not sure what you're getting at.

Also SA/Rape will probably be higher as it has become easier/more comfortable (I know neither of those are the right word) to report those events as before it wasn't as common and woman/men would be to afraid to do so

Long Term Goal is to get 3 lanes each way from Lincoln to GI. Just what we need is some hay seed from Hampton driving 60 in the show off lane on his way to Tractor Supply in GI. Interstates flow much better with just two lane as it forces slow drivers to get the hell out of the way. The stretch from Omaha to Lincoln, people kind of lose their mind and don't get over after they pass.

because I don't like Lincoln?
No because majority of what I've seen you post.. outside of OT:EXT is you being miserable, complaining about Lincoln, then doing nothing about them.. If you really hated Lincoln that much there are plenty of options for you but you choose to come to the board to cry about them

• Wow
No because majority of what I've seen you post.. outside of OT:EXT is you being miserable, complaining about Lincoln, then doing nothing about them.. If you really hated Lincoln that much there are plenty of options for you but you choose to come to the board to cry about them

i have nearly 20,000 posts, you've missed most of them it seems. I've already covered this stuff dude.

I've taken action to make Lincoln be the way i want, i had pics and everything, it was lost when they destroyed tOS.

it makes me old because i don't like Lincoln seems to be your conclusion. which part specifically? the hate for traffic and roundabouts? the lack of quality dining? lps's shlt operation? the attempts by homeless folk to invade south Lincoln? i can't think of anything else i complain about here. would it make me seem younger if i got excited to sit in traffic?

bro, be serious.

i have nearly 20,000 posts, you've missed most of them it seems. I've already covered this stuff dude.

I've taken action to make Lincoln be the way i want, i had pics and everything, it was lost when they destroyed tOS.

it makes me old because i don't like Lincoln seems to be your conclusion. which part specifically? the hate for traffic and roundabouts? the lack of quality dining? lps's shlt operation? the attempts by homeless folk to invade south Lincoln? i can't think of anything else i complain about here. would it make me seem younger if i got excited to sit in traffic?

bro, be serious.
No, you can hate lincoln all you want.. The point is you bitch about it and don't change your life.. If I hated something so bad to come on to the husker message boards to bitch about the city I live in, I would make a change in my life... I don't care how old or young you are.. You just bitch constantly about Lincoln but yet here you are still living in Lincoln.

bro, be serious.
I don't read all your post.. For the short time I;ve been here you seemed to stay on the outer scrolls and once that got shut down you don't post much about husker football or even react to husker football post, just random twitter videos and complaining about roundabouts

No, you can hate lincoln all you want.. The point is you bitch about it and don't change your life.. If I hated something so bad to come on to the husker message boards to bitch about the city I live in, I would make a change in my life... I don't care how old or young you are.. You just bitch constantly about Lincoln but yet here you are still living in Lincoln.

it's been covered multiple times.

I don't read all your post.. For the short time I;ve been here you seemed to stay on the outer scrolls and once that got shut down you don't post much about husker football or even react to husker football post, just random twitter videos and complaining about roundabouts

i appreciate the follow dude.

No an adequate solution would be to quit bitching about your life on an anonymous Husker Football message board

why though? that's what the internet is for.

are there husker boards that aren't anonymous? would it be better if i bltch on twitter (I've done that too)?

does it hurt you that i don't like Lincoln?

why though? that's what the internet is for.

are there husker boards that aren't anonymous? would it be better if i bltch on twitter (I've done that too)?

does it hurt you that i don't like Lincoln?
I'm sure you have.

And no I don't care I have no affiliation to that city outside of the Huskers.

Enjoy being miserable for the next several years of your life 👌

• Love
I'm sure you have.

And no I don't care I have no affiliation to that city outside of the Huskers.

Enjoy being miserable for the next several years of your life 👌

i can't enjoy it. but i appreciate the support.

• Haha
Reactions: tjlSker90
I think Lincoln is a great city and deserves a place on this list. I was in the Seattle area two weeks ago at a native Nebraskan's home (Hastings). I told her Lincoln is no longer a sleepy little college town and capitol city but a vibrant, booming city. If it were less humid in the summers and had a ski hill just outside of town I would move there tomorrow.

I looked at all the cities on the list. No way is Tacoma on the list when say Bellevue or Mercer Island, Washington are not. Bellevue is on the eastside of Lake Washington. Great, safe neighborhoods, the lake, Costco headquarters in nearby Kirkland and Microsoft in Redmond. Mercer Island is in the middle of Lake Washington, that says it all and you cannot buy a home there for less than a mil. Tacoma simply does not stand up to these two places. (There are many parts of Tacoma where I would not go unless I was carrying.)
Agreed. I go to Bellevue a few times a year and it’s nice. Dukes is fantastic haha.

I was in Tacoma last month and was a huge sh!thole. I counted several drug deals happening in plain sight.

Reactions: Wasker77

bro, be serious.
I love Lincoln's dining.

I've asked folks to help me here before. nobody did though.
Help you do what? You say you have a small house but sounds like you live south of Pine Lake. So you probably have a nice house. So sell it. Buy some older house in a small town and be happier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT