ADVERTISEMENT

Your boy Nate G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep blame everyone but the one responsible.

As far as I am concerned...he should clean out his locker and not be eligible for classes in the second semester. By being ineligible for the bowl game, his Husker career is OVER. Of course he will be getting ready for the NFL draft so enrolling for the second semester won't be an issue at all for him. Winking

Last edited:
Jesus. Sometimes these guys have got to learn how to be adults. I really hope he has a football career long enough to live comfortably.

Of course he needs to be held accountable but he was allowed to play all season. He is now finally being held accountable when the semester grades have been finalized.

Here is an idea...if the coaching staff and academic staff knew he might not have been attending classes...then why was he allowed to play PERIOD? Players are allowed to be suspended in season if they aren't attending classes or making adequate academic progress. What happened to make sure players are attending classes etc...?

Ultimately he is responsible for his own actions but he also could have been disciplined during the season if academics were truly a priority.

As far as I am concerned...he should clean out his locker and not be eligible for classes in the second semester. By being ineligible for the bowl game, his Husker career is OVER. Of course he will be getting ready for the NFL draft so enrolling for second semester won't be an issue at all for him. Winking
Wonder if he will even enroll. Can the school get an extra scholarship next year since they wasted it this year on a kid who didn't take advantage of the reward he got for his God-given talents.

Of course he needs to be held accountable but he was allowed to play all season. He is now finally being held accountable when the semester grades have been finalized.

Here is an idea...if the coaching staff and academic staff knew he might not have been attending classes...then why was he allowed to play PERIOD? Players are allowed to be suspended in season if they aren't attending classes or making adequate academic progress. What happened to make sure players are attending classes etc...?

Ultimately he is responsible for his own actions but he also could have been disciplined during the season if academics were truly a priority.
Nebraska has babysat these kids for decades simply because they play football. Treating them like adults is bad?

Reactions: 94husker
Wonder if he will even enroll. Can the school get an extra scholarship next year since they wasted it this year on a kid who didn't take advantage of the reward he got for his God-given talents.

How about give a semester scholarship to a junior/senior walkon and reward him for his efforts in the classroom and on the field?

He was disciplined. If taking his Senior season opener away as punishment for his past academic performance wasn't enough.... what do you do? Kick him off the team?
All you bloner members of the tradition coalition would crucify all the coaches and administration for holding him accountable claiming he "was only there to play football"
Just stop the BS act. He alone is responsible.

Nebraska has babysat these kids for decades simply because they play football. Treating them like adults is bad?

Let me say this again so you can understand my point...he should be out of the university period. Clean out your locker, move out of the housing provided by the university...his time at the university is OVER!!!

He was disciplined. If taking his Senior season opener away as punishment for his past academic performance wasn't enough.... what do you do? Kick him off the team?
All you bloner members of the tradition coalition would crucify all the coaches and administration for holding him accountable claiming he "was only there to play football"

Exactly. Or if they did suspend him at midterm the crying would have been about he has half a semester to get his grades up and pass 2 freaking sociology classes.

Also no one knows what conversations were he'd between Riley and the 15th best safety in this year's draft.

Let me say this again so you can understand my point...he should be out of the university period. Clean out your locker, move out of the housing provided by the university...his time at the university is OVER!!!
Sorry man, been a looooong shitty week. I will check out for the night. Not exactly in the mindframe to interwebs in the non-tanked way.

Reactions: Park Avenue

If the level of discipline didn't get the message across...send a stronger message. How is that not wanting to hold him accountable? A player in a similar circumstance should have been disciplined again in season "if" it was known by the powers that be that the player wasn't performing in the classroom.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Coach Riley was specific, "Nate didn't break any team rules". I know for a fact academics [remaining eligible] are a part of team rules.

Is there such a thing as remaining eligible during the season but once the semester is final you can lose the eligibility?

This seems so easy to figure out, but it has me stumped. @Tuco Salamanca

Coach Riley was specific, "Nate didn't break any team rules". I know for a fact academics [remaining eligible] are a part of team rules.

Is there such a thing as remaining eligible during the season but once the semester is final you can lose the eligibility?

Gerry's tweet says he was declared ineligible because of academics.

Yes you can remain eligible during the season because there aren't grade checks. The only true grade checks are the final grades.

If what I am told is true, that Gerry literally attended less than 5 class sessions the entire fall, I would like to see the staff create a rule that penalized for missing class. They can't make them do the school work, but having an attendance policy would be something.

Gerry's tweet says he was declared ineligible because of academics.

Yes you can remain eligible during the season because there aren't grade checks. The only true grade checks are the final grades.

If what I am told is true, that Gerry literally attended less than 5 class sessions the entire fall, I would like to see the staff create a rule that penalized for missing class. They can't make them do the school work, but having an attendance policy would be something.

Seems similar to what I posted earlier with keeping track of the "student" athlete and hold him accountable during the actual season. Winking

Seems similar to what I posted earlier with keeping track of the "student" athlete and hold him accountable during the actual season. Winking

No you blamed the fact that Gerry failed classes on the academic support. I am saying make a team rule that says you have to go to class. I don't care if they pass. I just want a reason to kick selfish pieces of shit off my team.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
If the level of discipline didn't get the message across...send a stronger message. How is that not wanting to hold him accountable? A player in a similar circumstance should have been disciplined again in season "if" it was known by the powers that be that the player wasn't performing in the classroom.
Agreed...the staff should have known about this...not to hold his hand and drag him to class, but to punish him accordingly. They had to know. Gootball player not going to class gets around whether they have someone at every class watching or not. He should be responsible for his actions and himself, but there should have been more consequences for his choices. They had to know this was going on.
Its over...i dunno if id let him use nebraska to train for the NFL. If he was as much of a toxin in the locker room as some posters on here swear him to have been...and then this? Bye bye dont use our facilities.

I believe it has you stumped because you can't wrap your head around the possibility that riley screwed up here. Are we really naiive enough to think that riley would have no way of knowing or hearing that his starting safety literally did not go to any classes at all? While i agree we dont need staff in every class and people knocking on doors like during the pelini days, its still the coaches job to punish college students on the team who arent fulfilling their academic responsibilities.
I know you are a riley backer but its ok to admit he ,essed up here. Even if he literally didnt know this, which i highly doubt, something is wrong.

I believe it has you stumped because you can't wrap your head around the possibility that riley screwed up here. Are we really naiive enough to think that riley would have no way of knowing or hearing that his starting safety literally did not go to any classes at all? While i agree we dont need staff in every class and people knocking on doors like during the pelini days, its still the coaches job to punish college students on the team who arent fulfilling their academic responsibilities.
I know you are a riley backer but its ok to admit he ,essed up here. Even if he literally didnt know this, which i highly doubt, something is wrong.

You should read my posts so you don't label me incorrectly next time.

Agreed...the staff should have known about this...not to hold his hand and drag him to class, but to punish him accordingly. They had to know. Gootball player not going to class gets around whether they have someone at every class watching or not. He should be responsible for his actions and himself, but there should have been more consequences for his choices. They had to know this was going on.
Its over...i dunno if id let him use nebraska to train for the NFL. If he was as much of a toxin in the locker room as some posters on here swear him to have been...and then this? Bye bye dont use our facilities.
They let #80 talk shit and trash the place (while giving him access) they will let 25

No you blamed the fact that Gerry failed classes on the academic support. I am saying make a team rule that says you have to go to class. I don't care if they pass. I just want a reason to kick selfish pieces of shit off my team.

And if you read my other posts I stated that he should have been held accountable for his actions during the season and he needs to be off campus right now because of his choices. I also said that the players should be held accountable and monitored for actually attending classes.

He is ultimately to blame but more could have been done to monitor the situation before it got to this point.

They let #80 talk shit and trash the place (while giving him access) they will let 25
And by they, I mean adults who realize these kids have been lead by people like you who blame everyone, but ignore the "point the thumb" garbage they were tricked into believing by a child

I dont like that, but on the other hand it would look bad nationally with people not knowing the story behind it.
Another entitled jackass.

And by they, I mean adults who realize these kids have been lead by people like you who blame everyone, but ignore the "point the thumb" garbage they were tricked into believing by a child
Um...what? I blame gerry for his actions. You have a bad habit of putting words into peoples mouths. You say tHat abot me after literally quoting my post that says he shouldnt be allowed to use our facilities. Wow you are somethin else.

Um...what? I blame gerry for his actions. You have a bad habit of putting words into peoples mouths. You say tHat abot me after literally quoting my post that says he shouldnt be allowed to use our facilities. Wow you are somethin else.
You defend Blo and crucify this 2nd year staff every chance you get. A spade is a spade, and you are a huge spade.

You defend Blo and crucify this 2nd year staff every chance you get. A spade is a spade, and you are a huge spade.
Screw off, i do not defend bo for anything i wanted him gone before you did probably. Wanna call a spade a spade? You are a butthurt jackass when anyone says anything remotely critical about this staff, especially when its the same stuff bo was in trouble for.
The fact that you posted that, out of no where, proves you arent adult enough to admit you were wrong in ehat you said earlier.
Glad to know i live rent free inside your head for whatever reason, though. Psycho.

And if you read my other posts I stated that he should have been held accountable for his actions during the season and he needs to be off campus right now because of his choices. I also said that the players should be held accountable and monitored for actually attending classes.

He is ultimately to blame but more could have been done to monitor the situation before it got to this point.

We all assume Riley didn't monitor. could be he monitored and told Gerry to get his shit in order and he didn't. Then instead of going to a bowl game, he get the punishment of public humiliation that he failed all of his classes.

Again most seem to want to monitor to keep people in line. I want to monitor so I can cull the herd.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
We all assume Riley didn't monitor. could be he monitored and told Gerry to get his shit in order and he didn't. Then instead of going to a bowl game, he get the punishment of public humiliation that he failed all of his classes.

Again most seem to want to monitor to keep people in line. I want to monitor so I can cull the herd.
Understand and agree, but if you monitor there has to be some aspect of keeping them in line. What i mean is if a player isnt going to class, is the coach going to say something before kicking him off the team?
Or are you saying just kick them off the team with no warning?
Not easy but surely someone who goes to class as little as gerry did has no defense if he did get kicked off the team this year.
There will probably be new rules after this episode that we will never hear about.

I think they should be monitored in order to help them have an opportunity to earn a life changing degree from a university. Monitoring may also help develop personal responsibility for those that didn't learn it before entering college.

He's going to have some questions to answer certainly for his pre-draft preparations. Is he a guy that is going to work hard when he gets some money or just be happy to be there? With as short of a career as the average NFL player has anyway, it's incredibly stupid to waste a free college education and the opportunity at a degree.

In the end, it sucks for the team that they lose a talented player for the bowl game. But in the long-run, it won't hurt the University, it only hurts Gerry.

I think they should be monitored in order to help them have an opportunity to earn a life changing degree from a university. Monitoring may also help develop personal responsibility for those that didn't learn it before entering college.

He is 22 and completed 3 years of college. I am pretty sure he was aware of his opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT