ADVERTISEMENT

Your boy Nate G

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Pennsyhusker, post: 3166569, member: 11810"
I am still wondering though why none of this has been made public yet. Not questioning your info, just really wondering.[/QUOTE]
My BS meter is going off here.

He doesn't seem to be tweeting about grade issues..
Screen_Shot_2016_12_18_at_12_50_53_PM.png

2016: The year the bowl game died.

That's the new thing this year, guys who have an NFL future stitched up are starting to say "no thanks" to their team's bowl game. Obviously if Gerry cared about this one he'd have put some effort in at class. His choice of actions tells you all you need to know about how much he values the game.

And not only that, but what he thinks of the team's chances of winning...

It will be another reason to expand the playoff to 8 or 16 teams.

Reactions: otismotis08
Now that it's official I'd officially like to say GTFO.

This group of senior 'leaders' (save a couple guys) is complete dogshit. Can't wait for them to be gone.
Who else, besides Gerry, would you put in your doghouse? I think seniors like Utter, Maurice, Dzuris, and Rose Ivey showed a lot of heart and guts this year.

It was obvious in past years there were players who didn't have any expectations when it came to things like...effort...and tackling...and Gerry was an example of that (I was roasted for saying that he was overrated and a poor tackler in earlier threads).
He was playing better than ever this year. I don't know why he would decide to do something this stupid. This was a decision, not something that just happened because class was too tough.
Good riddence.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Good God. How the hell is this even possible? From the "study sheets, notes, and test banks" that the players have to give ZERO effort for, there literally has to be an effort to NOT pass classes. I thought he would have learned his lesson after the earlier suspension. I guess not allowing him to play was not enough of a threat. Lol at the thumb-suckers blaming it on the coaches.

It would appear that years of being taught that "everyone else but me and you are the enemy" really registered with some of these guys. I don't why else you would make such a selfish decision intentionally.

Good God. How the hell is this even possible? From the "study sheets, notes, and test banks" that the players have to give ZERO effort for, there literally has to be an effort to NOT pass classes. I thought he would have learned his lesson after the earlier suspension. I guess not allowing him to play was not enough of a threat. Lol at the thumb-suckers blaming it on the coaches.

I don't think the ever gave an official reason for the 1 game suspension for the Fresno game. Which was also grade related from the summer. Shhhh it's a secret.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
It seems this may become more of a norm in the future. Two much higher profile players have decided to just not play in their respective bowl games. Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fornette decided to just pass on playing and go prepare for the draft. Can you imagine how peoples heads would explode here if something like that happened? http://deadspin.com/christian-mccaffrey-leonard-fournette-wisely-choose-to-1790274784

It seems this may become more of a norm in the future. Two much higher profile players have decided to just not play in their respective bowl games. Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fornette decided to just pass on playing and go prepare for the draft. Can you imagine how peoples heads would explode here if something like that happened? http://deadspin.com/christian-mccaffrey-leonard-fournette-wisely-choose-to-1790274784
Absolutely going to be more and more of this. Unless your team is in a playoff game, why would a senior headed to the league risk getting hurt for a meaningless game? In addition, there is some talk of allowing red shirts to play in the bowl game to help balance this and regain some lost interest.

Also a stupid business decision in terms of his draft stock. You do something dumb and selfish like that, there are going to be some teams who are moving you way down their draft board. Even if it just makes a few teams pass on you, that's thousands and thousands of dollars gone each and every time your name doesn't get called.

It's not like the kid is some can't-miss prospect who is a surefire early rounder. He needs all the positive marks he can get.

Absolutely going to be more and more of this. Unless your team is in a playoff game, why would a senior headed to the league risk getting hurt for a meaningless game? In addition, there is some talk of allowing red shirts to play in the bowl game to help balance this and regain some lost interest.

Nate needs to understand that he's no shoe-in for the NFL regardless. Many draft experts have him as a late rounder, which mean's he has no guarantee to play another "meaningful game" in his life. Plus now, he's failed out of school. Next year winter could bring a cold sense of reality to NG. No education, no football, and just another loser who @ one time was a somebody whose now a nobody. dumb mistake that he may regret later in life

With that said, husker football is bigger than NG. Actually excited to see some of the young guys get actual PT

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Don't compare a top 5 talent that's been injured (LF) to this turd. Not even remotely close and again I'll say I can't wait for the Pellllini recruits to hit he road.

Nate needs to understand that he's no shoe-in for the NFL regardless. Many draft experts have him as a late rounder, which mean's he has no guarantee to play another "meaningful game" in his life. Plus now, he's failed out of school. Next year winter could bring a cold sense of reality to NG. No education, no football, and just another loser who @ one time was a somebody whose now a nobody. dumb mistake that he may regret later in life

With that said, husker football is bigger than NG. Actually excited to see some of the young guys get actual PT
Agree with most of that, but in his case you can just about guarantee that he will get at least a decent life handed to him on a platter for having been a starter with name recognition. He'll still do just fine on that whole, "It's not who you are, it's who you know" bit when it comes to somebody in Nebraska hooking him up with a job.

Now it appears he may well be playing since he is at practice taking reps with the first team. This comes from Sean Callahan so I will take his word over the other sources.

Either way, this is just nuts.

Now it appears he may well be playing since he is at practice taking reps with the first team. This comes from Sean Callahan so I will take his word over the other sources.

This is WAY more believable. Like I said, it takes abnormal effort to fail out with the support system around the guys

Reactions: rrthusker

One way or another, but it wouldn't be official until semester grades are finalized, right?

Reactions: eastcobbhuskerdawg
Oh I stand by the grade thing, he didn't pass any classes.

If he is playing it is because the NCAA rules allows for him to be eligible until second semester starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT